Galaxy s3 android update to 4.3

Tutor

Galaxy s3 android update to 4.3

So I am a little bothered that I havent seen this topic on the front page with how popular the S3 was/is. The AT&T support staff tells me to check with samsung. Is this something we should look forward to or will it be skipped? Since we no longer can upgrade after 18 months it would be nice to at least get the newest software on time.

Message 1 of 178 (26,304 Views)
Explorer

Re: I747 Update to 4.3 from 4.1.1?

The updated is out turn on your wifi and check for update. I have had it for a couple days now. Make surw your battery is charged. The update is 623.10MB. If it loses the server set your date a day ahead. Good luck and enjoy.

Message 46 of 178 (11,094 Views)
Teacher

Re: I747 Update to 4.3 from 4.1.1?

Knew that. I set the clock a day ahead so many times that I actually reach mid-january 2014, which is about 40+ trials to reach the server. Yet no update...still popping at 4.1.1 lol
Message 47 of 178 (11,077 Views)
Contributor

Re: Galaxy s3 android update to 4.3

[ Edited ]

Updated the first day it was available.  I concur with the people who are noting the slugglish response - not huge, but noticeable.  But I have another problem that's really bugging me.  I have a constant slew of picture download notifications (see attched screenshot) that just won't go away.  I wipe them off the notifications bar, and they come right back.  Anybody else having this issue?  Anybody know how to fix this?

Message 48 of 178 (10,985 Views)
Teacher

anyone flash keep going off when receiving a call?
Message 49 of 178 (10,872 Views)
Teacher

Had this as well. Go to your app drawer and select the downloads icon. Clear both lists and this stopped for me.
Message 50 of 178 (10,845 Views)
Teacher

For the flags for calls, while this setting is off by default, it seems to be on anyway. Go to settings> my device > accessibility. Toward the bottom is "flash notification". Tick this on then off again and reboot the phone.
Message 51 of 178 (10,856 Views)
Highlighted
Mentor

I had the same issues, those files are ones you'd downloaded which were attached to an e-mail. Every time your phone checks gmail it tries to redownload those files. To stop it go to downloads/other downloads and delete those files. The repeated download will stop then.
Message 52 of 178 (10,803 Views)
Teacher

Galaxy S4 4.3 update loaded unrequested software on my phone

I just got a pop-up tonight to try City ID for 10-day trial.  Did the 4.3 update installs this garbage without asking me?

I also noticed other "new" programs after the 4.3 upgrade.  Why wasn't I asked first?

Since I cannot remove these unwanted programs, is stopping all I can do to turn them off?

Are any of these needed for 4.3 to run:

City ID

Ant Radio Services

BlurbCheckout

DioDictService

Lookout Security

Trip Adivsor

Mobeam

Google Photos

If I wanted these I would have installed them myself.

Summest.

Message 53 of 178 (10,631 Views)
Voyager

Re: Galaxy S4 4.3 update loaded unrequested software on my phone

Some of these were part of the 4.3 that came with the Note 3. Some might have been added by AT&T.

The Ant Radio Service was probably added by Samsung as that's a framework for talking to other devices that use that protocol. Lots of "health" devices especially running use the Ant framework.

I believe TripAdvisor was some partnership with Samsung so part of the update.

LookOut is a samsung thing as well.

Google Photos I think is part of the google apps that come with android, like gmail and hangouts.

Don't know about the others though.

Message 54 of 178 (10,582 Views)
Scholar

has anybody else tried to use this phone in the car dock after the update. It no longer will automatically open any car dock software like car dashboard or the eye bolt dashboard. It just goes into driving mode which does nothing.
Message 55 of 178 (10,675 Views)
Scholar

contacted online chat with Samsung. Had a good rep. Procedures to make the phone seem normal go as follows do a soft reset, which is pulling the battery while the phone is on leaving office 30 seconds then restarting phone. Then toggle your mobile data on off which is under settings data. The phone should be fine it also seem to fix the battery drain
Message 56 of 178 (10,660 Views)
Tutor

Wondering if there is a root avalable yet.  I have one app i purchase and use all the time and it requires root.   

Message 57 of 178 (10,657 Views)
Contributor

Android 4.3 update issues after upgrade on Galaxy S3

I just update my Android to version 4.3 provided by AT&T and I'm facing all kinds of problems, including reduced battery and big performance issue, the phone is very slow right now.

Message 58 of 178 (10,627 Views)
Scholar

[ Edited ]

Yep they Pulled it off. Would not let me Post root web site at XDA

[Per Guidelines:  Keep it Relevant and Appropriate].

Message 59 of 178 (10,625 Views)
Scholar

Maybe they will let it stay here for a little while rgrace110.
Message 60 of 178 (10,623 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.