The Samsung Galaxy S24
99ssconv's profile

Mentor

• 

24 Messages

Sunday, January 6th, 2013 1:55 AM

Galaxy s2 update 4.0.4 failure. Is there not an AT&T rep on this board that can help us?

My wife and myself started having the phones shut off at random after the last update a couple of weeks ago. A few times it deletes our bluetooth added devices. Other times after the phone decides to shut it self off and I press and hold the side button to wake it  back up the device shows my battery is discharged. This will happen with a fully charged battery. Someone out there has to know about this issue besides the consumers. I went to the att store today with no help and samsung support was the same.....

Voyager

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

The fix they did does NOT resolve the screen of death issue. I still get it 3-5 times a day and when I reboot I typically see anywhere between 40% - 60% battery drain.

AT&T has been negligent in addressing this issue because they know most will upgrade their phones to get around the problem.

I'm waiting until my contract is up and going to another carrier since they've essentially breached the contract by pushing an update that created the problem. Then don't bother to fix it.

Good bye AT&T!
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.