The Samsung Galaxy S24
99ssconv's profile

Mentor

• 

24 Messages

Sunday, January 6th, 2013 1:55 AM

Galaxy s2 update 4.0.4 failure. Is there not an AT&T rep on this board that can help us?

My wife and myself started having the phones shut off at random after the last update a couple of weeks ago. A few times it deletes our bluetooth added devices. Other times after the phone decides to shut it self off and I press and hold the side button to wake it  back up the device shows my battery is discharged. This will happen with a fully charged battery. Someone out there has to know about this issue besides the consumers. I went to the att store today with no help and samsung support was the same.....

Scholar

• 

151 Messages

11 years ago

Here's one tip that will probably help you *a little*: You don't need to remove the battery. Just hold the power button for about 20 seconds and it will boot.

Mentor

• 

45 Messages

11 years ago

I will bump this conversation so that it will appear with the other one currently on the first page.  The lack of response is going to make me have to find another company.  Phone continues to go dead and I simply cannot rely on this essential piece of equipment.  Come on AT&T help your customers out.

Teacher

• 

17 Messages

11 years ago

@bmgoodman wrote:
I'm tempted, but does *everything* work? MHL? Video recording? GPS? What about using a 64GB microSD card, which works fine with the stock OS?

I don't use all those features, so can't promise.  Video recording works fine, as well as GPS.  And in more than a week of extensive use of the phone, I haven't found a problem of any sort. 

Supernexus is not some bleeding edge, overclocked, beta ROM.  In fact, because I'm conservative and need an absolutely reliable phone, I used the older ROM with JB 4.1.2 vs the newer one with JB 4.2.1.

You can decide for yourself by reading the what the developer and users have to say about each:

Supernexus Build 5 JB 4.1.2

Supernexus 2.0 Build 1 JB 4.2.1

Guru

• 

725 Messages

11 years ago

@dmtucker wrote:

@bmgoodman wrote:
I'm tempted, but does *everything* work? MHL? Video recording? GPS? What about using a 64GB microSD card, which works fine with the stock OS?

I don't use all those features, so can't promise.  Video recording works fine, as well as GPS.  And in more than a week of extensive use of the phone, I haven't found a problem of any sort. 

Supernexus is not some bleeding edge, overclocked, beta ROM.  In fact, because I'm conservative and need an absolutely reliable phone, I used the older ROM with JB 4.1.2 vs the newer one with JB 4.2.1.

You can decide for yourself by reading the what the developer and users have to say about each:

Supernexus Build 5 JB 4.1.2

Supernexus 2.0 Build 1 JB 4.2.1

Actually, as it is derived from Cyanogenmod, anything that is broken in CM will also be broken in SuperNexus.  CM10 and 10.1 have had nightly builds for I777, but not a stable release due to Samsung's lack of developer support for Exynos4 devices.  (NO Exynos4 handset or tablet has received CM10 or 10.1 stable builds.)

So while not overclocked, it IS a bleeding edge beta firmware, as its hardware support components come from CM and hence any hardware support issues CM has, SuperNexus will have too.

If you need MHL or Wifi Direct, I can guarantee you that Supernexus or even CM10/10.1 will fail you.

If you don't, CM10 might be OK for you, but you might simply want to consider a rooted, deodexed, and debloated version of one of the I9100 Touchwizz releases.

That said, from all I've heard about the AT&T 4.0.4 update, it sounds like if you don't need the "known missing" features above, CM10 may prove to be more stable for you than the latest official update despite the fact that myself and the other CM10 maintainers decided it wasn't in good enough shape for us to declare "stable".

Teacher

• 

35 Messages

11 years ago

Re: Galaxy S2 shutting off in idle mode
Options

‎02-04-2013 10:01:04 AM

I dont want to hassle trying to get back to 4.0.3. What pi_ses me off is the last two refurb phones I got came from samasun refurb with 4.0.3 std on the phone. but when I got home it automatically upgraded to 4.0.4. sigh

Oh and I told the moderator to please repost her post below at the start of the thread so epople know what is up

No word yet ona date or if this means we go to 4.0.5 or of this is just a patch for the s2. I know two people on att s3 with no shutdown issues. so the 4.0.4 likely did it to the s2 which is just too old to take the latest upgrade. I know we will not be getting 4.1 but 4.0.5 or 4.0.6 might help. Again as these fixes have to be blessed by google, samsung AND att it takes forever

Re: Galaxy S2 shutting off in idle mode
Options

‎01-23-2013 09:55:00 AM

Hey guys...

Great news :smileyhappy:

We worked with Samsung to research this issue and a fix will be available in the coming weeks. I don't have any specific dates just yet but as soon as I do, I'll post them here. 

I want to note that this is a direct result of you discussing this issue in the forums and telling us what you are seeing. Great job.

--------------

AT&T Community Manager
Awesome; like unicorns & cotton candy!
Follow me on Twitter - @ATT_Jam
Need additional help? Follow @attcustomercare on Twitter!

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Mentor

• 

45 Messages

11 years ago

I cannot believe that ATT will not say something or do something to give us all some hope.  You would think a free month or something until they fix the problem.   I used this phone for everything now I do not and cannot trust it for calls, texts, alarm clock, calendar etc.  Before the 4.0.4 update I thought this was the perfect phone.  Certainly not getting the service or the phone that I'm paying for.

Explorer

• 

12 Messages

11 years ago

can someone please post the process for reflashing back to 4.03? A hundred references to doing so but no mention on where to specifically find information.

Mentor

• 

88 Messages

11 years ago

Wish I could help but its not allowed

Explorer

• 

20 Messages

11 years ago

For some odd reason, my phone has been up and running for 13 days with no issues. I am not a heavy phone user, just speaking and a few texts with a bluetooth earpiece. Here's all I did differently:

I restarted my phone and hit the clear cache option. Since then I have been getting over 4 days from a charge. I unplug it when it gets to around 98% charged instead of 100% and I no longer reboot the phone after every charge like I used to. I was having the shutdown issue as others here had but now it seems to be okay again. I could turn off and turn on but I don't want to look for trouble.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

Tried everything that has been suggested here and on other similar discussion regarding the SOD issue with 4.0.4 update. Nothing seems to work.

AT&T sucks.

Can someone please provide steps for reverting back to 4.0.3 and sanity?
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.