The Samsung Galaxy S24
iamspeed04's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Thursday, May 1st, 2014 3:08 AM

Galaxy note 3 major issues after kit kat update

What was once the best phone that I've ever had is now a piece of crap. I wouldn't have done the update but I got tired of it popping up every time I picked up my phone. Now programs constantly "stop working" and others just freeze up. My battery used to last a full day even with moderate use and now I'm lucky to get 4 hours out of it. And my data usage has went through the roof. I used to use way less than 5gb per month and now I'm hitting 5gb in 2 weeks or less. Very unhappy with Samsung and at&t for ruining my phone, please do some to fix these issues...

Scholar

• 

185 Messages

10 years ago

Chance is that att is not going to be able to do anything with the software issue. You will have to address it directly with samsung because they are the one who provide you with the software to extract into your phone.

That's why I never recommend anyone to upgrade the version. Of the software on their phone because it will slow you down, and you never know what the damage could do. In your case, is very clear of what it did.

So, for future reference, don't upgrade the version of the software unless you absolutely need to, like the phone die out, and a software reset is needed and that you need to use the most up to date one.

Anyway, good luck with this, but chance of getting it fix is very very slim.

Professor

• 

3K Messages

10 years ago

@guangzl1 wrote:

That's why I never recommend anyone to upgrade the version. Of the software on their phone because it will slow you down, and you never know what the damage could do. In your case, is very clear of what it did.

So, for future reference, don't upgrade the version of the software unless you absolutely need to, like the phone die out, and a software reset is needed and that you need to use the most up to date one.

"Never update the phone" is poor advice.  Many security issues get patched with new versions, and staying on an obsolete Android version leaves your vulnerable.  Of course, you are also missing out on any added features.  And you may find that some apps no longer support your Android version, if you stay on a really old version.

Many bugs (although not all) experienced after an update can be cleared up by doing a factory reset.  Of course its not ideal to have to backup your personal data and reconfigure the phone (after the reset).  But it makes for a much cleaner install.  And if your personal data is important to you, then you're backing it up already, right?  😉

Scholar

• 

185 Messages

10 years ago

True, I agree with you about the security issue. However, base on what I think, as long as you don't download anything that's not official or from third party, you will least likely

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

10 years ago

Most bugs after an OS upgrade for Android can be easily fixed by doing a factory reset. 

Teacher

• 

29 Messages

10 years ago

I would have to agree with the 'never update' advice. Most updates are just AT&T installing more malware and data sucking bloat on the phone anyway. 

In an honest ecosystem like an open source one, where there is peer code review and a community supporting it, updates are usually good, but AT&T doesn't believe in being open or honest, and prefers to ram viruses and malware down your throat so they can take a nice fat commission from the malware vendors.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

10 years ago

@rfritzemeier wrote:

I would have to agree with the 'never update' advice. Most updates are just AT&T installing more malware and data sucking bloat on the phone anyway. 

In an honest ecosystem like an open source one, where there is peer code review and a community supporting it, updates are usually good, but AT&T doesn't believe in being open or honest, and prefers to ram viruses and malware down your throat so they can take a nice fat commission from the malware vendors.

You know all carriers add there own software to there android devices.  Dont like it get a nexus or a device that can be opened up.  The average user does not need root access to the phone.  And all apps can be disabled in jellybean and kitkat.  And android is only open source if you buy a nexus device.  The device makers do pay google something.

Scholar

• 

185 Messages

10 years ago

That's the part that really sucks. The company added software that users never intended in the first place. AT&T should have an option where it should ask users like if they prefer to have their company app being install or not when they users first setup the phone.

Like me personally, I never bother to touch the company app at all, period. It is no something I would look to do as my daily task. Yes, I agree some of their feature on the app might be better, but I would not use it because it doesn't suite my need.

You have to understand that, everyone has a preference of what they want to use. Having those default app on phones doesn't make a difference. That's my opinion. Maybe statistically I did, but are those number always true? We don't know.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

10 years ago

i agree with you but its not going to happen.  its just like when you bought a pc in the 90's it came preloaded with crap you didnt ever want or use they still do to some extent.  Atleast now google made a way to turn them off

Scholar

• 

185 Messages

10 years ago

Yep, you are absolutely correct. It ain't gonna happen.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.