The Samsung Galaxy S24
ECERRL's profile

Mentor

• 

21 Messages

Friday, May 17th, 2013 2:38 PM

Galaxy SIII Petition to remove early termination fee

I firmly believe those of us unfortunate enough to have been contracted into two years with ATT's variant of the Galaxy SIII should be entitled to a free early termination. I am starting this thread to see how many supporters we can get. It is unprofessional, unreliable, and just plain unsafe of ATT.

Professor

• 

1.5K Messages

11 years ago

Let's be honest with ourselves here and just say that ALL ROMs, whether OEM or cooked, have bugs. As for major features being left our by various chefs, you can find .apks for just about anything now, including carrier specific apps, so that's not an issue either.

Sorry, but I stand by my previous point.

Mentor

• 

21 Messages

11 years ago

Sorry ur only here to ush buttons

Mentor

• 

21 Messages

11 years ago

Jii is not helpful in the least and is suggesting to users to void warranty.. not a viable solution.

Professor

• 

1.5K Messages

11 years ago

No, I am suggesting you take some ownership over your situation and try to remedy something yourself, since it would seem that you're not going to be getting the official response you desire anytime soon. If that is beyond you, then that's your problem, not mine.

Scholar

• 

130 Messages

11 years ago

Absolutely right. Not only that but besides the warranty issue you still have potential to brick your phone entirely. Rooting is not a valid remedy to the problem, the problem being AT&T not doing their job. With a lot of Samsung phones features being software based that's ridiculous to offer as a"solution" along with adding single apk's to get back functionality you lose or quell "bugs". The average user is not that technically inclined anyways.

Professor

• 

1.5K Messages

11 years ago

With the public availability of ODIN from Samsung, bricking your phone is pretty much impossible.

Also, I had never mentioned anything about installing an individual .apk to "quell a bug." What I had mention was that ALL ROMs come with bugs, either cooked or OEM. The adding of an OEM .apk would be a solution to reinstalling some native app a particular chef might have left out of a particular ROM.

You really should do more research on a subject before speaking out on it.

Mentor

• 

21 Messages

11 years ago

We dont want a "remedy" that voids our warranties AS STATED BEFORE. We are looking for an official release or at least acknowledgement that one is coming. Ur suggestion isnt unhelpful Jii it is only unhelpful to those who want an official solution. Please start a new thread if you would like to inform of rooting or romming

Professor

• 

1.5K Messages

11 years ago

Yes, you had mentioned that already. My last post wasnt addressed to you. I'm sorry, I should have quoted the poster I was addressing.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.