The Samsung Galaxy S24
Rayosun's profile

Professor

• 

1.9K Messages

Tuesday, April 9th, 2013 11:42 PM

Galaxy SII Skyrocket - Update to Jellybean now available!

Hi folks,

As I'm sure many of you have been excited and waiting for this update, it seems that the Jelly Bean Update (Version 4.1.2/ Build I727UCMC1) for the Samsung Galaxy SII Skyrocket is available through Samsung Kies.

The update includes the following:

- Google Now
- Improved call quality
- New AT&T apps such as AT&T DriveMode and AT&T Locker
- Removes Qik and MSpot apps

Remember to download the latest version of Samsung Kies before trying to download the update!

Enjoy! 😄
~Sunshine :)

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

@redhot4400

I followed those instructions, waited 2 hours and never reached more than 0% progress, contacted Samsung's Support chat. they told me to unplug it and do an Emergency Firmware Recovery. I did that waited an hour at 0%, started over, waited 30 minutes, then waited 2.5 hours at 0%. I tried taking it to my AT&T store, they said they couldn't do anything. I tried Samsung Live Chat again, they said to take it to AT&T where they could "reflash the OS onto my device" or if that doesn't work I'm supposed to send it back to Samsung.

Tutor

• 

12 Messages

11 years ago

I am having the same problem getting update to complete. Now can't get recovery to work either. it gets to 2% then gets device error. i tried aTT help and no luck. Next stop is ATT device repair center.

Scholar

• 

205 Messages

11 years ago

@djxpress75 are you asking for the timer in Samsung Galaxy SII Skyrocket which has JB Bean upgraded. see the screen shot please:

Untitled.jpg

Scholar

• 

205 Messages

11 years ago

hi, @ lyndsie41CE try to format your skyrocket full including internal USB storage first. in your pc clean all cache memory, install minimum DirectX9 and Dont Net Framework 3.5 or later from microsoft. another important matter is set up your Windows theme is windows classic style please. and the internet connection should be steady and powerful. 

Last time which ICS was available for Skyrocket many divices were bricked.

Best of luck

thanks in advance

Scholar

• 

205 Messages

11 years ago

in US samsung jelly bean upgrade webpage there is no update yet announced about Samsung Galaxy SII Skyrocket.
http://www.samsung.com/us/support/SupportOwnersFAQPopup.do?faq_id=FAQ00050212&fm_seq=55187
But the JB is available for Skyrocket through Kies more than last 2 weeks. so many times i post about it in Samsung US facebook webpage but they yet not update their page ??

Tutor

• 

12 Messages

11 years ago

Had my S2 reflashed at device support center. Unfortunately they loaded ICS. Actually my wife's phone. I have S3 with JB :). I am afraid to try JB update again using my crappy ATT DSL intermittent service.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

My AT&T store was unable to reflash the OS. There's apparently no technical support available there. So I'm getting a new one via a warranty exchange. I am very scared to update the phone I get (assuming it comes with ICS).

Teacher

• 

8 Messages

11 years ago

I kudo'd lyndsie41CE's posts as apparently I experienced a similar situation trying to upgrade to JB through Kies. So here's what happened ot me:

I got a system text from ATT that the upgrade was available at www.samsung.com/us/attskyrocket/update/ and when I tried it using Kies to update to JB it failed to the point that I was prompted to go into recovery mode and restoration, and even recovery wouldn't work, my phone is stuck in odin mode. I called Samsung tech support and they said ATT should disable or remove the Kies OTA app on my phone as it's keeping the restoration from downloading and fully restoring the phone (it sounded like she was reading off a cut sheet). I then called ATT to ask them to do what the Samsung rep suggested but they didn't really know if what she suggested would work as my phone was soft-bricked already. So after a few attempts putting it in recovery mode and trying to restore, but still stuck in odin mode, they decided to send me a replacement phone. I'm going to stay away from JB while I can, seems too much of a hassle. I followed everything per the instructions from that link and have successfully upgraded it to ICS prior to this, so don't know what went wrong here.  If this happens to more than one person, then not all cases of upgrades were tested prior to making the upgrade available in my opinion.

Scholar

• 

205 Messages

11 years ago

USA Samsung should update their page :

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/SupportOwnersFAQPopup.do?faq_id=FAQ00050212&fm_seq=55187

by the way, on windows for JB upgrade in Skyrocket the theme is a major fact, like in vista if arrow theme is there, then the Kies JB upgrade screen looks transparent.

last time in ICS upgrade for Skyrocket many phone was bricked as because of Kies. why don't they offer both Kies and OTA.

JB for Skyrocket.jpg

1 Attachment

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

11 years ago

ok, now how about the I777??

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.