The Samsung Galaxy S24
Rayosun's profile

Professor

• 

1.9K Messages

Tuesday, April 9th, 2013 11:42 PM

Galaxy SII Skyrocket - Update to Jellybean now available!

Hi folks,

As I'm sure many of you have been excited and waiting for this update, it seems that the Jelly Bean Update (Version 4.1.2/ Build I727UCMC1) for the Samsung Galaxy SII Skyrocket is available through Samsung Kies.

The update includes the following:

- Google Now
- Improved call quality
- New AT&T apps such as AT&T DriveMode and AT&T Locker
- Removes Qik and MSpot apps

Remember to download the latest version of Samsung Kies before trying to download the update!

Enjoy! 😄
~Sunshine :)

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

11 years ago

Why would Samsung release 4.1.2 for the Skyrocket before the S3? This is so irritating. 

Scholar

• 

205 Messages

11 years ago

AT&T's Samsung Galaxy SII Skyrocket has the Android OS upgrade Jelly Bean 4.1.2. many bloatware has been added from AT&T, even in in built JB browser. news, faceunlock, S voice all are gone which were available in ICS 4.0.4

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

I updated my phone to jellybean yesterday but now I am unable to access the camera. I get an error about not enough memory etc...I didn't have a problem before the update. any suggestions?

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

So I started the update over an hour ago, and Kies has been stuck on a "Firmware upgrade progress" screen at 0% for about an hour.

I understand it can take awhile, but how long is too long? And what do I do if something is wrong with it? My phone is stuck on the Android download screen. So I'm fairly certain it will not work properly if disconnected now. But am I supposed to wait multiple hours for something to happen?

Teacher

• 

16 Messages

11 years ago

Does the update to Jellybean wipe out all of my programs already installed?

Teacher

• 

16 Messages

11 years ago

I will answer the question to my last post for those interested - did the update, all settings saved from before update.  JB seems much better and less laggy than ICS.  So far, so good!

Teacher

• 

16 Messages

11 years ago

I noticed with the update that when I'm using the camera/video recorder - there is no longer a timer showing how much video recording time I have left.  Anyone else notice this?

Scholar

• 

205 Messages

11 years ago

@djxpress75 yeah you are correct. and also news, faceunlock, S voice all are gone which were available in ICS 4.0.4. I am sure these are action from AT&T

Scholar

• 

205 Messages

11 years ago

@lyndsie41CE better you follow the below link properly:
http://www.samsung.com/us/support/SupportOwnersFAQPopup.do?faq_id=FAQ00052762&fm_seq=61823

JB upgrade for Skyrocket i think is more than 500MB, so it will take time also. you better take some screenshot form your pc about those stuck problem n post those plz

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

Face Recognition removed from the update, what a bummer.

Works great on my work phone ( Verizon)

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.