Galaxy SII Skyrocket - Update to Jellybean now available!

ACE - Professor

Galaxy SII Skyrocket - Update to Jellybean now available!

Hi folks,

As I'm sure many of you have been excited and waiting for this update, it seems that the Jelly Bean Update (Version 4.1.2/ Build I727UCMC1) for the Samsung Galaxy SII Skyrocket is available through Samsung Kies.

The update includes the following:

- Google Now
- Improved call quality
- New AT&T apps such as AT&T DriveMode and AT&T Locker
- Removes Qik and MSpot apps

Remember to download the latest version of Samsung Kies before trying to download the update!

Enjoy! Smiley Very Happy
~Sunshine Smiley Happy
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 1 of 60 (11,827 Views)
Scholar

Re: Galaxy SII Skyrocket - Update to Jellybean now available!

Sure if you search on Youtube you can find video on it.
Message 31 of 60 (6,649 Views)
Tutor

Why would Samsung release 4.1.2 for the Skyrocket before the S3? This is so irritating. 

Message 32 of 60 (6,473 Views)
Scholar

AT&T's Samsung Galaxy SII Skyrocket has the Android OS upgrade Jelly Bean 4.1.2. many bloatware has been added from AT&T, even in in built JB browser. news, faceunlock, S voice all are gone which were available in ICS 4.0.4
Message 33 of 60 (6,443 Views)
Contributor

I updated my phone to jellybean yesterday but now I am unable to access the camera. I get an error about not enough memory etc...I didn't have a problem before the update. any suggestions?

Message 34 of 60 (6,423 Views)

So I started the update over an hour ago, and Kies has been stuck on a "Firmware upgrade progress" screen at 0% for about an hour.

I understand it can take awhile, but how long is too long? And what do I do if something is wrong with it? My phone is stuck on the Android download screen. So I'm fairly certain it will not work properly if disconnected now. But am I supposed to wait multiple hours for something to happen?

Message 35 of 60 (6,399 Views)
Teacher

Does the update to Jellybean wipe out all of my programs already installed?

Message 36 of 60 (6,382 Views)
Teacher

I will answer the question to my last post for those interested - did the update, all settings saved from before update.  JB seems much better and less laggy than ICS.  So far, so good!

Message 37 of 60 (6,334 Views)
Teacher

I noticed with the update that when I'm using the camera/video recorder - there is no longer a timer showing how much video recording time I have left.  Anyone else notice this?

Message 38 of 60 (6,314 Views)
Highlighted
Scholar

@djxpress75 yeah you are correct. and also news, faceunlock, S voice all are gone which were available in ICS 4.0.4. I am sure these are action from AT&T
Message 39 of 60 (6,301 Views)
Scholar

@lyndsie41CE better you follow the below link properly:
http://www.samsung.com/us/support/SupportOwnersFAQPopup.do?faq_id=FAQ00052762&fm_seq=61823

JB upgrade for Skyrocket i think is more than 500MB, so it will take time also. you better take some screenshot form your pc about those stuck problem n post those plz
Message 40 of 60 (6,301 Views)
Contributor

Face Recognition removed from the update, what a bummer.

Works great on my work phone ( Verizon)

Message 41 of 60 (6,275 Views)

@redhot4400

I followed those instructions, waited 2 hours and never reached more than 0% progress, contacted Samsung's Support chat. they told me to unplug it and do an Emergency Firmware Recovery. I did that waited an hour at 0%, started over, waited 30 minutes, then waited 2.5 hours at 0%. I tried taking it to my AT&T store, they said they couldn't do anything. I tried Samsung Live Chat again, they said to take it to AT&T where they could "reflash the OS onto my device" or if that doesn't work I'm supposed to send it back to Samsung.

Message 42 of 60 (6,262 Views)
Tutor

I am having the same problem getting update to complete. Now can't get recovery to work either. it gets to 2% then gets device error. i tried aTT help and no luck. Next stop is ATT device repair center.

Message 43 of 60 (6,254 Views)
Scholar

@djxpress75 are you asking for the timer in Samsung Galaxy SII Skyrocket which has JB Bean upgraded. see the screen shot please:

Message 44 of 60 (6,250 Views)
Scholar

hi, @ lyndsie41CE try to format your skyrocket full including internal USB storage first. in your pc clean all cache memory, install minimum DirectX9 and Dont Net Framework 3.5 or later from microsoft. another important matter is set up your Windows theme is windows classic style please. and the internet connection should be steady and powerful. 

Last time which ICS was available for Skyrocket many divices were bricked.

Best of luck

thanks in advance

Message 45 of 60 (6,248 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.