The Samsung Galaxy S24
Rayosun's profile

Professor

• 

1.9K Messages

Tuesday, April 9th, 2013 11:42 PM

Galaxy SII Skyrocket - Update to Jellybean now available!

Hi folks,

As I'm sure many of you have been excited and waiting for this update, it seems that the Jelly Bean Update (Version 4.1.2/ Build I727UCMC1) for the Samsung Galaxy SII Skyrocket is available through Samsung Kies.

The update includes the following:

- Google Now
- Improved call quality
- New AT&T apps such as AT&T DriveMode and AT&T Locker
- Removes Qik and MSpot apps

Remember to download the latest version of Samsung Kies before trying to download the update!

Enjoy! 😄
~Sunshine :)

Professor

• 

1.9K Messages

11 years ago

Not sure what you mean by that redhot. 🙂

Seems like the Skyrocket got more features, one being Google Now and a good feel of looking very similar to the GS3 software.

If you mean what were we missing out on, I would say the fluid movement from very little lag to no lag. If you take a look at the notifications bar, it has a lot more toggles which weren't available before. 😉 The app tray is not up to par with the Nexus feel, but it is very good too. It's like this update got more of taste of stock Android than it did Touchwiz. 🙂

Scholar

• 

205 Messages

11 years ago

i didn't find out the FaceUnlock apps in JB here in skyrocket !! i may tell some more in details tomorrow. lets see !!

Scholar

• 

205 Messages

11 years ago

yeah i resolve the problem and was able to upgrade Skyrocket ICS OS to JB OS. By the way, as Samsung is a very famous and largest and also popular company, why does the JB update webpage still not updated?? check the below link

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/SupportOwnersFAQPopup.do?faq_id=FAQ00050212&fm_seq=55187

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

Hi,

When is the JB update available for I777. The Kies version is 2.5.3.13033_7 download on 13 Apr 13 at 12 AM EST. This does not contain the JB update. The latest version still shows 4.0.4. tempatt.jpg

Please let me know if it is available at this point of time or have to wait for an update from Kies or ATT ?

1 Attachment

Teacher

• 

21 Messages

11 years ago

Can someone who has updated the phone to 4.1.2 take some screenies of the home page and the accuweather widget, etc. I'd appreciate it.

Professor

• 

1.9K Messages

11 years ago

Jingu31 - I afraid you would have to wait until Samsung and AT&T tests the update before rolling out the update.

Scholar

• 

205 Messages

11 years ago

@jingu31 I77 JB will release, not too far. because AT&T's I727 JB is available

Scholar

• 

205 Messages

11 years ago

@crynosis Skyrocket's JB screenshot is nothing special, accuweather widget is little more shiny then that was in ICS. But ICS accuweather was more cool than JB. I installed Nova Launcher Prime and was looking to set up my JB accuweather in it, didn't find it. S-Beam is added. you can't set your task manager icon front page because its not showing in apps, there is no faceunlock security software in AT&T's JB LOL. JB was customized by AT&T

Scholar

• 

205 Messages

11 years ago

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/SupportOwnersFAQPopup.do?faq_id=FAQ00050212&fm_seq=55187

the Samsung USA webpage above and Samsung usa facebook a/c i wrote several times that AT&T has already announce the JB for Skyrocket, but the Samsung official usa update page is still not updated?? but they yet not update the page !!

the Skyrocket JB upgrade can be followed properly in the below link

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/SupportOwnersFAQPopup.do?faq_id=FAQ00052762&fm_seq=61823

Thanks in Advance

Scholar

• 

400 Messages

11 years ago

Sure if you search on Youtube you can find video on it.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.