Galaxy SII Skyrocket - Update to Jellybean now available!

ACE - Professor

Galaxy SII Skyrocket - Update to Jellybean now available!

Hi folks,

As I'm sure many of you have been excited and waiting for this update, it seems that the Jelly Bean Update (Version 4.1.2/ Build I727UCMC1) for the Samsung Galaxy SII Skyrocket is available through Samsung Kies.

The update includes the following:

- Google Now
- Improved call quality
- New AT&T apps such as AT&T DriveMode and AT&T Locker
- Removes Qik and MSpot apps

Remember to download the latest version of Samsung Kies before trying to download the update!

Enjoy! Smiley Very Happy
~Sunshine Smiley Happy
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 1 of 60 (11,859 Views)
Explorer

Re: Galaxy SII Skyrocket - Update to Jellybean now available!

Hopefully I777 isn't too far behind?!

Message 2 of 60 (11,161 Views)
Scholar

[ Edited ]

unfortunately this update also through Kies and near about 800MB LOL>> it should be through Kies and also OTA

http://www.androidcentral.com/jelly-bean-galaxy-s-ii-skyrocket-now-available-samsung-kies?utm_source...

Message 3 of 60 (10,936 Views)
Scholar

after latest installed latest Kies for AT&T Skyrocket JB update, when i click for firmware upgrade the screen hang like below:

Message 4 of 60 (10,820 Views)
ACE - Professor

How odd. I installed mine with no issues. Did you mange to install the update?
~Sunshine Smiley Happy
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 5 of 60 (10,719 Views)
Scholar

@Evandela last time i upgrade ICS in same laptop and same OS. few hours before i tried it with latest Kies, and also dontnet framework 4.5 installed in my system and a high end internet connection like 2mbps speed. but after i click the option firmware update button the next dialog box came inside blank like i attached above post. i also know the T-mobile SII JB is like 800MB. i think AT&T server problem in this JB for Skyrocket topics is going on>>
Message 6 of 60 (10,711 Views)
ACE - Professor

That is possible or it could be Kies hanging a bit too. Keep on trying. Reinstall Kies if no changes within 48 hours at least
~Sunshine Smiley Happy
Message 7 of 60 (10,704 Views)
Scholar

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/SupportOwnersFAQPopup.do?faq_id=FAQ00050212&fm_seq=55187

no update there, but in Kies there showing the update. yeah Keep Trying. so how is JB running in Skyrocket ??
Message 8 of 60 (10,694 Views)
ACE - Professor

It runs very very smoothly. It's very beautiful, it looks very very similar to the GS3 software.
~Sunshine Smiley Happy
Message 9 of 60 (10,687 Views)
Scholar

that's good and cool confirmation. At least AT&T has done it well, not like last time ICS update. because many people has many problem in Skyrocket ICS. I didn't have
Message 10 of 60 (10,675 Views)
ACE - Professor

Yeah, a lot of people are sure to like this update! It's very fluid and pretty. Must give Samsung credit for this one. They have outdone themselves. Smiley Happy
~Sunshine Smiley Happy
Message 11 of 60 (10,629 Views)
Contributor

Did the Skyrocket not get Photosphere?

Message 12 of 60 (10,601 Views)
Teacher

I wish someone would do a vide of how it looks. I'd like to see it.

Message 13 of 60 (10,569 Views)
Highlighted
Voyager

I live in Austin, TX.  I asked Google Now for the current temperature.  It gave it to me in Celsius.

How do I make the default Fahrenheit?

Message 14 of 60 (10,342 Views)
Voyager

Nevermind.  I figured it out.  I had to enable Google Now

Message 15 of 60 (10,334 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.