Galaxy SII Skyrocket - Update to Jellybean now available!

ACE - Professor

Galaxy SII Skyrocket - Update to Jellybean now available!

Hi folks,

As I'm sure many of you have been excited and waiting for this update, it seems that the Jelly Bean Update (Version 4.1.2/ Build I727UCMC1) for the Samsung Galaxy SII Skyrocket is available through Samsung Kies.

The update includes the following:

- Google Now
- Improved call quality
- New AT&T apps such as AT&T DriveMode and AT&T Locker
- Removes Qik and MSpot apps

Remember to download the latest version of Samsung Kies before trying to download the update!

Enjoy! Smiley Very Happy
~Sunshine Smiley Happy
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 1 of 60
Explorer

Re: Galaxy SII Skyrocket - Update to Jellybean now available!

Hopefully I777 isn't too far behind?!

Message 2 of 60
Scholar

unfortunately this update also through Kies and near about 800MB LOL>> it should be through Kies and also OTA

http://www.androidcentral.com/jelly-bean-galaxy-s-ii-skyrocket-now-available-samsung-kies?utm_source...

Message 3 of 60
Scholar

after latest installed latest Kies for AT&T Skyrocket JB update, when i click for firmware upgrade the screen hang like below:

Message 4 of 60
Highlighted
ACE - Professor

How odd. I installed mine with no issues. Did you mange to install the update?
~Sunshine Smiley Happy
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 5 of 60
Scholar

@Evandela last time i upgrade ICS in same laptop and same OS. few hours before i tried it with latest Kies, and also dontnet framework 4.5 installed in my system and a high end internet connection like 2mbps speed. but after i click the option firmware update button the next dialog box came inside blank like i attached above post. i also know the T-mobile SII JB is like 800MB. i think AT&T server problem in this JB for Skyrocket topics is going on>>
Message 6 of 60
ACE - Professor

That is possible or it could be Kies hanging a bit too. Keep on trying. Reinstall Kies if no changes within 48 hours at least
~Sunshine Smiley Happy
Message 7 of 60
Scholar

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/SupportOwnersFAQPopup.do?faq_id=FAQ00050212&fm_seq=55187

no update there, but in Kies there showing the update. yeah Keep Trying. so how is JB running in Skyrocket ??
Message 8 of 60
ACE - Professor

It runs very very smoothly. It's very beautiful, it looks very very similar to the GS3 software.
~Sunshine Smiley Happy
Message 9 of 60
Scholar

that's good and cool confirmation. At least AT&T has done it well, not like last time ICS update. because many people has many problem in Skyrocket ICS. I didn't have
Message 10 of 60
ACE - Professor

Yeah, a lot of people are sure to like this update! It's very fluid and pretty. Must give Samsung credit for this one. They have outdone themselves. Smiley Happy
~Sunshine Smiley Happy
Message 11 of 60
Contributor

Did the Skyrocket not get Photosphere?

Message 12 of 60
Teacher

I wish someone would do a vide of how it looks. I'd like to see it.

Message 13 of 60
Voyager

I live in Austin, TX.  I asked Google Now for the current temperature.  It gave it to me in Celsius.

How do I make the default Fahrenheit?

Message 14 of 60
Voyager

Nevermind.  I figured it out.  I had to enable Google Now

Message 15 of 60
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support