The Samsung Galaxy S24
jrpros's profile

Mentor

• 

34 Messages

Tuesday, April 2nd, 2013 2:14 PM

Galaxy SII 4.0.4 (Version 2) - Comments, questions, problems, etc.

Since AT&T has finally put out an update that is supposed to fix the last one (Sleep of Death), I think it is important to start a new thread with comments, questions, problems, etc. about it. Please keep the community up to date about the results of the latest update.

Also, as of the latest update, my Baseband version is shown as I777UCLL6. I believe the last one was I777UCLK6.

I haven't had any new issues with the latest update, but there are some issues that are still bothering me. I was getting regular restarts and freezing up of apps since 4.0.4 (Version 1) and I am still getting some of those. One of the most common problems is freezing up after using the search button and selecting the Web app to display my results.

One good thing about this update that I have noticed is that the calendar app is now fixed so that I can edit appointments in the calendar.

Any other updates people are aware of?

Scholar

• 

151 Messages

11 years ago

Is anybody now seeing Bluetooth turning itself off for 1-2 seconds and then coming back on? I don't recall having that issue before 4.0.4. It's annoying when music playback just pauses and I must restart it, but it's a HUGE pain when it drops my phone call while I'm driving.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

11 years ago

I don't get anywhere near the battery life you all are getting.  I'm not on the original battery anymore (it nearly caught fire) but the spares, when I got them on the old ROM's, lasted as long as the original.  I'm getting slightly better life (and no sleep of death) since removing the extra two shadow apps (clock and... calendar was it?) and upgrading to 4.04.  It might actually last about 32 hours instead of 26...

Disabling some apps... I'll see if that helps

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

11 years ago

What I'd really like to know is when we're getting Jelly bean.

Explorer

• 

20 Messages

11 years ago

Thirty days since installing the patch to fix 4.0.4 and not one single SOD. Still getting 4 to 5 days of battery from light usage.

Mentor

• 

37 Messages

11 years ago

Is anyone seeing SIM toolkit briefly popup right after start-up. It usually appears on mine right after the launcher appears. Also if you hold down the home button to bring up the task manager it appears there too.

This is new behavior since I've updated to I777UCLL6. It's not annoying or anything just new and was wondering if it's normal.

If you guys are also seeing it then i'm going to ignore it.

Mentor

• 

40 Messages

11 years ago

Yes, the SIM Toolkit showing up is "new" in that I never noticed it before the "fix" was applied.  But, I searched around and found no reason to be concerned on any of the boards.

Something I just ignore.

Also, no issues and great battery life since the fix we all worked so hard to get.  WE are great... ATT, no so much.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

Maavalous- I can't believe your battery life- I'm lucky to get 16 hours. I just turn that developer option ON and I'll see if that helps. I also turned the power saving options off. wish me luck!
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.