Galaxy SII 4.0.4 (Version 2) - Comments, questions, problems, etc.

Mentor

Galaxy SII 4.0.4 (Version 2) - Comments, questions, problems, etc.

[ Edited ]

Since AT&T has finally put out an update that is supposed to fix the last one (Sleep of Death), I think it is important to start a new thread with comments, questions, problems, etc. about it. Please keep the community up to date about the results of the latest update.

Also, as of the latest update, my Baseband version is shown as I777UCLL6. I believe the last one was I777UCLK6.

I haven't had any new issues with the latest update, but there are some issues that are still bothering me. I was getting regular restarts and freezing up of apps since 4.0.4 (Version 1) and I am still getting some of those. One of the most common problems is freezing up after using the search button and selecting the Web app to display my results.

One good thing about this update that I have noticed is that the calendar app is now fixed so that I can edit appointments in the calendar.

Any other updates people are aware of?

Message 1 of 28 (8,354 Views)
Highlighted
Explorer

Re: Galaxy SII 4.0.4 (Version 2) - Comments, questions, problems, etc.

Update #2: I recharged my battery and have gone another 88 hours and battery level is at 15%. Still no shutdowns. I turned off 3 or 4 more things that were in the list posted by Maavalous. I did leave Power Saving turned on however. That brings me to 186 hours total with no shutdowns since the update!

Message 16 of 28 (6,289 Views)
Tutor

My wife's 777 is now eating battery so fast after it updated last night the charger can't even keep up. Tried factory reset, no better. Need a solution like now
Message 17 of 28 (6,109 Views)
Explorer

Try letting the battery completely drain by leaving the phone on tell it turns off on its own i used the flashlight app on to help it drain. After it turned off I tried to start it just to make sure it was drained. Then charge it with the phone turned off until it is 100% charged then start it with the charger still plugged in. That seemed to help my battery drain problems. You might want to remove and reinstall the battery just to make sure you have a good connection. Good luck.

Message 18 of 28 (5,987 Views)
Explorer

Update #3: I recharged my battery and have gone another 120 hours and battery level is at 7%. Still no shutdowns. That brings me to 306 hours total with no shutdowns since the update! I am declaring the SOD crisis over for me. Funny thing is, this is exactly what happened with my Captivate. Worked great until an update caused repeated SODs. A fix was never developed for it though. My Galaxy II is back to being the phone I could rely on.

Message 19 of 28 (5,726 Views)

Letting Li-ion batteries drain all the way is VERY hard on them and can cause damage to the cells.

Seems that the results here are inconsistent, I'm seeing 70% success but 30% crazy flops.

I would highly recommend users to check out XDA Developers to research this issue farther but also keeping results on this thread so it can be tracked.

One thing to remember, there's close to no one who actually monitors these forums who can actually make a difference.
Message 20 of 28 (5,339 Views)
Explorer

Mine isn't blowing through battery, but it is VERY difficult to make it through a whole day of light usage (texts, some music, some internet browsing) were as before I could get to the end of my day with still 30-40ish percent battery left

Message 21 of 28 (5,280 Views)
Scholar

Is anybody now seeing Bluetooth turning itself off for 1-2 seconds and then coming back on? I don't recall having that issue before 4.0.4. It's annoying when music playback just pauses and I must restart it, but it's a HUGE pain when it drops my phone call while I'm driving.
Message 22 of 28 (5,213 Views)
Tutor

I don't get anywhere near the battery life you all are getting.  I'm not on the original battery anymore (it nearly caught fire) but the spares, when I got them on the old ROM's, lasted as long as the original.  I'm getting slightly better life (and no sleep of death) since removing the extra two shadow apps (clock and... calendar was it?) and upgrading to 4.04.  It might actually last about 32 hours instead of 26...

Disabling some apps... I'll see if that helps

Message 23 of 28 (5,121 Views)
Tutor

What I'd really like to know is when we're getting Jelly bean.

Message 24 of 28 (5,120 Views)
Explorer

Thirty days since installing the patch to fix 4.0.4 and not one single SOD. Still getting 4 to 5 days of battery from light usage.

Message 25 of 28 (4,967 Views)
Mentor

Is anyone seeing SIM toolkit briefly popup right after start-up. It usually appears on mine right after the launcher appears. Also if you hold down the home button to bring up the task manager it appears there too.

This is new behavior since I've updated to I777UCLL6. It's not annoying or anything just new and was wondering if it's normal.

If you guys are also seeing it then i'm going to ignore it.
Message 26 of 28 (4,920 Views)
Mentor

Yes, the SIM Toolkit showing up is "new" in that I never noticed it before the "fix" was applied.  But, I searched around and found no reason to be concerned on any of the boards.

Something I just ignore.

Also, no issues and great battery life since the fix we all worked so hard to get.  WE are great... ATT, no so much.

Message 27 of 28 (4,901 Views)
Contributor

Maavalous- I can't believe your battery life- I'm lucky to get 16 hours. I just turn that developer option ON and I'll see if that helps. I also turned the power saving options off. wish me luck!
Message 28 of 28 (4,599 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.