The Samsung Galaxy S24
jrpros's profile

Mentor

• 

34 Messages

Tuesday, April 2nd, 2013 2:14 PM

Galaxy SII 4.0.4 (Version 2) - Comments, questions, problems, etc.

Since AT&T has finally put out an update that is supposed to fix the last one (Sleep of Death), I think it is important to start a new thread with comments, questions, problems, etc. about it. Please keep the community up to date about the results of the latest update.

Also, as of the latest update, my Baseband version is shown as I777UCLL6. I believe the last one was I777UCLK6.

I haven't had any new issues with the latest update, but there are some issues that are still bothering me. I was getting regular restarts and freezing up of apps since 4.0.4 (Version 1) and I am still getting some of those. One of the most common problems is freezing up after using the search button and selecting the Web app to display my results.

One good thing about this update that I have noticed is that the calendar app is now fixed so that I can edit appointments in the calendar.

Any other updates people are aware of?

Teacher

• 

16 Messages

11 years ago

Teacher

• 

16 Messages

11 years ago

I am expecting a new battery this week. I was at 65% on the train, logged onto Facebook app and it flickered and died.

Mentor

• 

40 Messages

11 years ago

OK... here are a couple of things that I bought day-one when I got my Galaxy SII.

Charger:

http://www.cellphoneshop.net/i9100charger.html

Spare Battery:

http://www.all4cellular.com/product/samsung-eb-l1a2gba-battery.html

I have had ZERO issues with both of these items.

Now, instead of charging the phone I do this little dance... shud down phone, swap batteries, restart phone, charge drained battery in wall charger.  I'm getting up to 5 days on a charge.

Might help...

Teacher

• 

16 Messages

11 years ago

I got a battery today in the mail. It says i9100 When it rains it pours. This one works, but when it is plugged into the charger, it powers down and the charging icon on the sleep screen blinks. I can't win with this phone. The OEM battery is around here somewhere.

Explorer

• 

20 Messages

11 years ago

Update #2: I recharged my battery and have gone another 88 hours and battery level is at 15%. Still no shutdowns. I turned off 3 or 4 more things that were in the list posted by Maavalous. I did leave Power Saving turned on however. That brings me to 186 hours total with no shutdowns since the update!

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

11 years ago

My wife's 777 is now eating battery so fast after it updated last night the charger can't even keep up. Tried factory reset, no better. Need a solution like now

Explorer

• 

7 Messages

11 years ago

Try letting the battery completely drain by leaving the phone on tell it turns off on its own i used the flashlight app on to help it drain. After it turned off I tried to start it just to make sure it was drained. Then charge it with the phone turned off until it is 100% charged then start it with the charger still plugged in. That seemed to help my battery drain problems. You might want to remove and reinstall the battery just to make sure you have a good connection. Good luck.

Explorer

• 

20 Messages

11 years ago

Update #3: I recharged my battery and have gone another 120 hours and battery level is at 7%. Still no shutdowns. That brings me to 306 hours total with no shutdowns since the update! I am declaring the SOD crisis over for me. Funny thing is, this is exactly what happened with my Captivate. Worked great until an update caused repeated SODs. A fix was never developed for it though. My Galaxy II is back to being the phone I could rely on.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

11 years ago

Letting Li-ion batteries drain all the way is VERY hard on them and can cause damage to the cells.

Seems that the results here are inconsistent, I'm seeing 70% success but 30% crazy flops.

I would highly recommend users to check out XDA Developers to research this issue farther but also keeping results on this thread so it can be tracked.

One thing to remember, there's close to no one who actually monitors these forums who can actually make a difference.

Explorer

• 

16 Messages

11 years ago

Mine isn't blowing through battery, but it is VERY difficult to make it through a whole day of light usage (texts, some music, some internet browsing) were as before I could get to the end of my day with still 30-40ish percent battery left

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.