The Samsung Galaxy S24
jrpros's profile

Mentor

• 

34 Messages

Tuesday, April 2nd, 2013 2:14 PM

Galaxy SII 4.0.4 (Version 2) - Comments, questions, problems, etc.

Since AT&T has finally put out an update that is supposed to fix the last one (Sleep of Death), I think it is important to start a new thread with comments, questions, problems, etc. about it. Please keep the community up to date about the results of the latest update.

Also, as of the latest update, my Baseband version is shown as I777UCLL6. I believe the last one was I777UCLK6.

I haven't had any new issues with the latest update, but there are some issues that are still bothering me. I was getting regular restarts and freezing up of apps since 4.0.4 (Version 1) and I am still getting some of those. One of the most common problems is freezing up after using the search button and selecting the Web app to display my results.

One good thing about this update that I have noticed is that the calendar app is now fixed so that I can edit appointments in the calendar.

Any other updates people are aware of?

Explorer

• 

20 Messages

11 years ago

Update: It has been 98 hours since I applied the fix. Battery level is at 13% and no shutdowns. I am going to plug in the charger now. I do not plan on rebooting after recharging as I usually do. I am not a heavy phone user, just a few calls and some texting, and little if any internet use. Only 1 app to monitor battery usage. Only 1 minor issue since the update: my phone now announces text and phone calls. I would like to turn that off if I can find out where the setting is. I am guardedly optimistic.

Mentor

• 

40 Messages

11 years ago

Same story hear...

89 hours since reboot after fix install.

33% battery remaining... an amazing change.

Battery graph is a nice gentle slope... as it should be.

Nix-Fone... what do you mean your phone "announces" text and phone calls?  As in "speaks" something?  I don't see that option on my S2.

Explorer

• 

20 Messages

11 years ago

I just figured it out. It was under: Settings, Language & Input, Text-To-Speech Output. I had to uncheck Driving Mode.

Mentor

• 

60 Messages

11 years ago

Good grief.  How are you guys getting such good battery life?  Mine hasn't been terrible.  But more or less the same as it was prior to the update.  I get roughly 40-50 hrs.  I have to believe 80-100 hrs per charge is very unprecedented.  

Explorer

• 

20 Messages

11 years ago

I have auto-updates turned off and do a sync once a week. Plus I am a light user. I am happy with the fix so far...

Teacher

• 

16 Messages

11 years ago

Lucky you.SOD got worst for me. I am done

Teacher

• 

16 Messages

11 years ago

No more Samsungs for me. Good bye At&T

Mentor

• 

40 Messages

11 years ago

Double post on purpose... posted this on the old thread as well.

OK... Thought I should post an update because this is just amazing!

I have made it 119 hours since last charge/battery change and still have 9% battery left.

First and foremost, NO kudos to ATT or Samsung.  Shame on them for not fixing this immediately.

It took the determination and exasperation of thousands of customers, many now lost to ATT, to get a response.

To recap my “conditions”:

Usage in this period was lower than “normal”.  The holiday reduced work-related calls to near zero.

A couple of long phone conversations, a half dozen in the 5-10 min. range.

A dozen or so texts with photos etc.

Light web surfing, weather and e-mail checking.  Close to “normal for me”.

Low app usage… Accuweather, some googling around.  Nothing heavy at all.

Mostly 4G with half hour max of WiFi use.

I have updated my phone as they came out and the SoD “fix” was the latest.

I have a wall-charger and extra batteries so I usually swap batteries rather than charge the phone.  Unless traveling then just depends.

So, phone usually gets a hard reset when battery bottoms out.

Apps/Functions Disabled:

I have the Developer Options; Do Not Keep Activities set ON

Only turn on when using, but used both for a short while during this period:

GPS

WiFi

Never turn on:

Sync

All Power Saving Options

Disabled Apps:

ATT Code Scanner

ATT Family Map

ATT Hot Spots

ATT Navigator

ATT Smart WiFi

Buddies Now

Clock (the odd extra one)

Dual Clock

Exchange Services

FaceBook

Media Hub

Movies

myATT

Social Hub

Social Hub (another piece?)

Synchronize

Talk (the Vingo thing)

So, there you have it… progress FINALLY!  I feel exonerated and relieved. 

Exonerated, as we all should, that we managed to get ATT to do the right thing.

Relieved that I have had NO SoD in the last 119 hours.  The phone actually works!

Well, so far so good… but others are still having issues that need to be monitored.

Trust is something ATT did their best to lose.  We shall see what happens in the weeks ahead  L

Former Community Manager

• 

5.2K Messages

11 years ago

@ian_socool wrote:
Lucky you.SOD got worst for me. I am done

I'm sorry to hear you're still having an issue with the phone shutting down. 

Have you done any other troubleshooting? Is your phone's software modified in any way?

Would you please please send me a private message with your name, account number, phone number and the best time to contact you? Please include any troubleshooting steps you've taken (before or after the update) and any other info you think might be helpful. 

To send a private message, you can either click on the link in this message or click on the little blue envelope in the upper right hand corner, click "compose new message" and type my username in the "Send To" field.

Teacher

• 

16 Messages

11 years ago

I have done all the poster above you mentioned today and now it crashes at 60% battery. Here are the latest screenshots. Prior to shutdown 65%. Then the no signal then bye bye. Then this:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ian_socool/8620556660/
Plug in the charger then this:
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.