The Samsung Galaxy S24
MrGecko's profile

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

Thursday, January 17th, 2019 4:30 PM

Galaxy S9 Android 9.0 Update?

When will the Galaxy S9 receive the Android 9.0 Pie update? I would like to beta the One UI feature.

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

5 years ago

Well if history is our teacher:

Expect the new generation to have it on board, and existing generations should get update after the S10 comes out. 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

Does anyone and estimated date for one UI on the Galaxy s9+? Because I know that they still need to put the fake 5g logo, (which I'm a fan of) 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I did the software update Thursday Jan 31st 2019 at around 5:30am. I have the galaxy s9+. It does have the 5GE logo in the top right hand corner next to the battery level. I must say I'm not a fan of the update but to each its own. It's a little complicated.

Contributor

• 

6 Messages

5 years ago

How did you get the update? Samsung Smart Switch says my Android 8.0 is up to date.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

Go to your settings and check for updates, I did mine Feb 1 I got it as an ota, i do have the 5g logo and it's lit I like the 5g alot

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

5 years ago

I received the update over the weekend (2/3). Looks nice! Looking forward to 5G coming to my area!

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

5 years ago

@MrGecko wrote:

I received the update over the weekend (2/3). Looks nice! Looking forward to 5G coming to my area!

The s9 is not a 5g phone.  why ATT thought it was a good idea to do a 5ge logo which is still just 4g LTE I have no idea.  You may see a 5g phone this year but there will be no where to use it.

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

5 years ago

You don't want the update right now. I am now stuck choosing between whether I want to receive incoming calls or use wifi and Bluetooth. There is a major issue with the S9+ and no solid fix. 

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

5 years ago

@NArmbru1317 

Please explain.  I have no problems with a note 9 or s9+

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

5 years ago

@GLIMMERMAN76

I updated a few days ago on my S9+. Everything seemed to be ok except every phone call that I would get would pop up on the screen and go away and send the caller directly to voicemail. I reset the network settings, left wifi and Bluetooth off, had someone call me and it worked as it should. Connected to my wifi, phone calls going straight to voicemail again. Reset it again and it worked. Connected my gear Fit2 Pro and phone calls started going to voicemail again. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.