The Samsung Galaxy S24
FuturePilot's profile

Scholar

• 

15 Messages

Tuesday, January 14th, 2014 11:49 PM

Galaxy S4 bad battery life

I haven't had an issue with my S4's battery life until sometime within the last 5 days. The battery is dead in less than 12 hours with very light usage. When I go into the battery stats it shows "Andoid OS" using the most battery far beyond anything else. Even the screen! What's going on?

Professor

• 

3.1K Messages

10 years ago

Sounds like something is amiss in the OS. Have you tried powering down/restarting the phone?

Scholar

• 

15 Messages

10 years ago

Yes. Many times. Even did a hard reboot by pulling out the battery while it was on.

Scholar

• 

63 Messages

10 years ago

Check out Gsam Battery Moniter (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gsamlabs.bbm&hl=en)

It will tell you exactly what is using the juice. Lets you track down what app is the issue.

Also check your screen timeout, there are times that you screen will turn on (like a text message) and if you are set higher than 30 seconds, it will keep your screen on and drain the heck out of your battery

Settings --> Device --> Display --> Screen timeout

Professor

• 

3.1K Messages

10 years ago

@FuturePilot wrote:
Yes. Many times. Even did a hard reboot by pulling out the battery while it was on.

What's your signal like where you are?

Scholar

• 

15 Messages

10 years ago

I think I found the culprit. It was an app called Whisper. After I uninstalled it my battery is back to normal.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.