Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jan 14, 2014
3:49:07 PM
Galaxy S4 bad battery life

I haven't had an issue with my S4's battery life until sometime within the last 5 days. The battery is dead in less than 12 hours with very light usage. When I go into the battery stats it shows "Andoid OS" using the most battery far beyond anything else. Even the screen! What's going on?

I haven't had an issue with my S4's battery life until sometime within the last 5 days. The battery is dead in less than 12 hours with very light usage. When I go into the battery stats it shows "Andoid OS" using the most battery far beyond anything else. Even the screen! What's going on?

Galaxy S4 bad battery life

5 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(5)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 15, 2014 5:45:27 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

Sounds like something is amiss in the OS. Have you tried powering down/restarting the phone?

Sounds like something is amiss in the OS. Have you tried powering down/restarting the phone?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Galaxy S4 bad battery life

2 of 6 (5,611 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 15, 2014 1:29:54 PM
(0)
Scholar
Yes. Many times. Even did a hard reboot by pulling out the battery while it was on.
Yes. Many times. Even did a hard reboot by pulling out the battery while it was on.

3 of 6 (5,580 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 15, 2014 2:31:39 PM
(0)
Scholar

Check out Gsam Battery Moniter (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gsamlabs.bbm&hl=en)

It will tell you exactly what is using the juice. Lets you track down what app is the issue.

Also check your screen timeout, there are times that you screen will turn on (like a text message) and if you are set higher than 30 seconds, it will keep your screen on and drain the heck out of your battery

Settings --> Device --> Display --> Screen timeout

Check out Gsam Battery Moniter (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gsamlabs.bbm&hl=en)

It will tell you exactly what is using the juice. Lets you track down what app is the issue.

Also check your screen timeout, there are times that you screen will turn on (like a text message) and if you are set higher than 30 seconds, it will keep your screen on and drain the heck out of your battery

Settings --> Device --> Display --> Screen timeout

4 of 6 (5,571 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 15, 2014 5:48:26 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor

FuturePilot wrote:

What's your signal like where you are?

FuturePilot wrote:

What's your signal like where you are?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

5 of 6 (5,555 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 18, 2014 11:26:39 AM
(0)
Scholar
I think I found the culprit. It was an app called Whisper. After I uninstalled it my battery is back to normal.
I think I found the culprit. It was an app called Whisper. After I uninstalled it my battery is back to normal.

6 of 6 (5,381 Views)