The Samsung Galaxy S24
midniteslayr's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Saturday, April 19th, 2014 9:23 AM

Galaxy S4 Update to 4.4.2 breaks WiFi features

Hello.

I just updated my phone via the OTA update to Android 4.4.2 (KitKat) and after the update, my phone's Wifi will not "Turn On" using the settings switch. The switch will let me try to enable Wifi but once I remove my finger it slides to the Off position. No error pops up. Additionally, when trying to see if my mobile hotspot will turn on, It will act in the same way, but after the "Verifying" dialog, all it will display is "Error." and it will be in the off position. Any advice on what might be going on? I'm stuck using mobile data while at home and I don't want to use all of ny data for normal home internet browsing.

Thanks.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Professor

• 

3.1K Messages

10 years ago

Assume you tried

Power Off/On

Power Off/pull battery/Power On

The next step is - full backup with Kies, Device Wipe, Restore. Just make sure you have a full backup, becuase everything will be erased. Pull out any SD card you have in before the wipe as well, just to be safe.

A wipe/restore usually solves any lingering oddness after a major update.

Teacher

• 

20 Messages

10 years ago

I just picked up a Galaxy S4 32GB (no GS5 32GB available today) and mine came with 4.4.2 already installed and the WiFi works on mine without issue.  Have you tried factory reseting?  Whenever I do an OS update I always factory reset, its a pain in the . . . , but it also resolves issues up front so the extra work is sometimes worth it in the end.  If the factory reset doesn't work, I would visit your local AT&T store for help.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

I did not try to take out the battery and that did it. Funny, when searching for this issue online, no one had suggested that. Thank you for the help. 🙂

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

Hey

Having the same problem with my samsung mega, did you ever get the wifi to turn on? Please let me know if you sorted it out! 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.