Galaxy S4 MF3 update not available

Scholar

Galaxy S4 MF3 update not available

I was able to update my S4 to the MF3 version the day it was released OTA. But I've tried to update two other S4s since then and it always says it's up-to-date even though they still have the old MDL version. Any ideas?

Message 1 of 26 (10,583 Views)
Scholar

Re: Galaxy S4 MF3 update not available

Sorry, wonder why no edit button here on mobile. As I was saying if you are looking to root MF3 totally breaks it. Might not be a bad thing and I found out too late myself.
Message 16 of 26 (9,936 Views)
Tutor

Definitely not interested in root - as great as I've heard it to be. I just want the latest update. I tried calling AT&T, and they tried pushing the update from their end - but they couldn't push it through.

Message 17 of 26 (9,856 Views)
Teacher
Solution
Accepted by ATTJulieCS (Community Support)
‎09-30-2015 1:39 AM

Ok finally able to activate the update.  I changed the date to August 7th.  Then turned the phone off.  Took the battery out.  Put it all back together restarted with the phone still set to August 7th then tried the update and it started downloading finally.  Not sure which part actually got it going finally but the only new steps I had done is turning the phone off after changing the date and taking out the battery before trying the update again.  

Message 18 of 26 (9,803 Views)
Contributor

thank you so much Nwilb832! did your trick and it worked. Been looking on all the android forums to find a way to get this update, even contacted technical support (HA) thanks again!

Message 19 of 26 (9,750 Views)
Tutor

THIS METHOD WORKS!

Nwilb832, thank you for your response. I did exactly as you mentioned:

1. put the date to August 7th
2. turned off phone
3. removed battery
4. replace battery
5. turn on phone
6. Update

I think it may have something to do with actually removing the battery, but it worked! I recommend anyone having this issue try this approach. If you'd tried Nwilb832's approach, did it work for you? Please comment.
Message 20 of 26 (9,685 Views)
Teacher

Great glad other people are able to get their updates too now.

@iUmair  I agree I think it has more to do with powering down and removing the battery.  Aug 7 just happened to be the next date I could use to try the update.  The date could be whatever each person can use next.

Message 21 of 26 (9,679 Views)
Scholar

Thank you Nwilb! I didn't even have to take the battery out. I just rebooted it. I had to change the date because of all the previous attempts. I checked immediatly after rebooting it and it found the update.

Message 22 of 26 (9,633 Views)
Scholar

It's not useful unless you use apps that require or it or are a ROM junkie. I like TouchWiz just fine tbh and most of what I like is particular too it. I would have liked to have access for a few apps but it will be able to be done again in time.
Message 23 of 26 (9,579 Views)
Tutor

I too had the update not available issue. I just set the date ahead three days, checked for upates, viola - update downloads and completes process. Family has three S4's now all on same firmware finally!

Message 24 of 26 (9,375 Views)
Contributor

The given solution doesnt work for me. I have tried moving dates one by one. I checked out till 30th August but no luck. And now even for the current date it shows me adding up hours till the 30th august for update to be availalble.

Though Kies, it shows me that i have an update available. But it downloads till about 11-12% every time and then just stops. Doesnot download after that. I have tried this many many times.

Is there a solution to this? anything via OTA or Kies.

Message 25 of 26 (9,117 Views)
Highlighted
Contributor

Even more than 2 months of release, I am not able to get this update on my S4. I tried doing this through Kies and i am still on

• Android      version: 4.2.2
  • Baseband version:      I337UCUAMDL     
  • Build      number:      JDQ39.I337UCUAMDL

Is there any work around possible?

Message 26 of 26 (7,037 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.