Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jul 16, 2013
2:30:58 PM
Galaxy S4 MF3 update not available

I was able to update my S4 to the MF3 version the day it was released OTA. But I've tried to update two other S4s since then and it always says it's up-to-date even though they still have the old MDL version. Any ideas?

I was able to update my S4 to the MF3 version the day it was released OTA. But I've tried to update two other S4s since then and it always says it's up-to-date even though they still have the old MDL version. Any ideas?

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Jul 23, 2013 1:49:55 PM
(0)
Teacher

Ok finally able to activate the update.  I changed the date to August 7th.  Then turned the phone off.  Took the battery out.  Put it all back together restarted with the phone still set to August 7th then tried the update and it started downloading finally.  Not sure which part actually got it going finally but the only new steps I had done is turning the phone off after changing the date and taking out the battery before trying the update again.  

Accepted Solution

Galaxy S4 MF3 update not available

25 replies
(4) Me too
(4) Me too
View all replies
(25)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 16, 2013 4:01:11 PM
(0)
Scholar
Set the date ahead manually.
Set the date ahead manually.

Re: Galaxy S4 MF3 update not available

2 of 26 (10,502 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 18, 2013 6:36:23 PM
(0)
Scholar

That's not the problem. I've been checking every day for the past week and every time it says it's up-to-date.

That's not the problem. I've been checking every day for the past week and every time it says it's up-to-date.

3 of 26 (10,344 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 19, 2013 6:36:40 AM
(0)
Teacher
Same issue here I set the date ahead all the way to July 28th and I still cannot get the update. Tried it on WiFi and on the Network. Nothing.
Same issue here I set the date ahead all the way to July 28th and I still cannot get the update. Tried it on WiFi and on the Network. Nothing.

4 of 26 (10,308 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 19, 2013 8:19:02 AM
(0)
Scholar
Oh. I just had to go up three days and mine took. Tried factory reset then doing it?
Oh. I just had to go up three days and mine took. Tried factory reset then doing it?

5 of 26 (10,296 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 19, 2013 8:19:33 AM
(0)
Scholar
Use wifi though.
Use wifi though.

6 of 26 (10,294 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 19, 2013 9:04:54 AM
(0)
Teacher
Haven't done factory reset yet, hoping for that to be the last resort
Haven't done factory reset yet, hoping for that to be the last resort

7 of 26 (10,285 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 19, 2013 12:14:06 PM
(0)
Scholar
No doubt. I hate doing that myself.
No doubt. I hate doing that myself.

8 of 26 (10,247 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 19, 2013 2:23:30 PM
(0)
Scholar

I haven't tried a factory reset, but I really hope I don't have to do that. It's a major pain.

I haven't tried a factory reset, but I really hope I don't have to do that. It's a major pain.

9 of 26 (10,228 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 20, 2013 5:12:56 PM
(0)
Tutor

I haven't been able to update either. 

Can an AT&T employee please provide some support in this matter?

I haven't been able to update either. 

Can an AT&T employee please provide some support in this matter?

10 of 26 (10,108 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 20, 2013 5:25:31 PM
(0)
Scholar
I tried setting the date ahead 4 days but it still says it's up to date.
I tried setting the date ahead 4 days but it still says it's up to date.

11 of 26 (10,107 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 21, 2013 10:27:30 AM
(0)
Tutor

Yeah, no matter how many days ahead I put it, I still get the same message - software is up to date.

I'm not getting mf3 update at all, what gives?

Yeah, no matter how many days ahead I put it, I still get the same message - software is up to date.

I'm not getting mf3 update at all, what gives?

12 of 26 (10,023 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 21, 2013 7:55:44 PM
(0)
Scholar
I waited a day then just kept moving it up till it took. It is a pain.
I waited a day then just kept moving it up till it took. It is a pain.

13 of 26 (9,990 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 22, 2013 8:18:55 AM
(0)
Mentor

Same boat here .. still on MDL .. I've changed my dates continously (up to more than 10 days now) and nothing !!! Thinking it may be something to do with my IMEI, I call AT&T and had them lock in my IMEI number to my account. Still did not work. There is not manual update out there to do it ourselfs .. and the most weirdest/stupid thing out there .. if you do a Emergency Firmware Recovery on your phone through KIES .. if pushes MDL !!!! Even Samsung doesn't have access to MF3's update !!!!

Come on AT&T, what gives here ?

Same boat here .. still on MDL .. I've changed my dates continously (up to more than 10 days now) and nothing !!! Thinking it may be something to do with my IMEI, I call AT&T and had them lock in my IMEI number to my account. Still did not work. There is not manual update out there to do it ourselfs .. and the most weirdest/stupid thing out there .. if you do a Emergency Firmware Recovery on your phone through KIES .. if pushes MDL !!!! Even Samsung doesn't have access to MF3's update !!!!

Come on AT&T, what gives here ?

14 of 26 (9,938 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 22, 2013 1:07:17 PM
(0)
Scholar
On the other hand if you guys are looking to roit MF3
On the other hand if you guys are looking to roit MF3

15 of 26 (9,898 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 22, 2013 1:08:56 PM
(0)
Scholar
Sorry, wonder why no edit button here on mobile. As I was saying if you are looking to root MF3 totally breaks it. Might not be a bad thing and I found out too late myself.
Sorry, wonder why no edit button here on mobile. As I was saying if you are looking to root MF3 totally breaks it. Might not be a bad thing and I found out too late myself.

16 of 26 (9,904 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 22, 2013 9:12:13 PM
(0)
Tutor

Definitely not interested in root - as great as I've heard it to be. I just want the latest update. I tried calling AT&T, and they tried pushing the update from their end - but they couldn't push it through.

Definitely not interested in root - as great as I've heard it to be. I just want the latest update. I tried calling AT&T, and they tried pushing the update from their end - but they couldn't push it through.

17 of 26 (9,824 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Jul 23, 2013 1:49:55 PM
(0)
Teacher

Ok finally able to activate the update.  I changed the date to August 7th.  Then turned the phone off.  Took the battery out.  Put it all back together restarted with the phone still set to August 7th then tried the update and it started downloading finally.  Not sure which part actually got it going finally but the only new steps I had done is turning the phone off after changing the date and taking out the battery before trying the update again.  

18 of 26 (9,771 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 23, 2013 8:04:33 PM
(0)
Contributor

thank you so much Nwilb832! did your trick and it worked. Been looking on all the android forums to find a way to get this update, even contacted technical support (HA) thanks again!

thank you so much Nwilb832! did your trick and it worked. Been looking on all the android forums to find a way to get this update, even contacted technical support (HA) thanks again!

19 of 26 (9,718 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 24, 2013 5:47:28 AM
(0)
Tutor
THIS METHOD WORKS!

Nwilb832, thank you for your response. I did exactly as you mentioned:

1. put the date to August 7th
2. turned off phone
3. removed battery
4. replace battery
5. turn on phone
6. Update

I think it may have something to do with actually removing the battery, but it worked! I recommend anyone having this issue try this approach. If you'd tried Nwilb832's approach, did it work for you? Please comment.
THIS METHOD WORKS!

Nwilb832, thank you for your response. I did exactly as you mentioned:

1. put the date to August 7th
2. turned off phone
3. removed battery
4. replace battery
5. turn on phone
6. Update

I think it may have something to do with actually removing the battery, but it worked! I recommend anyone having this issue try this approach. If you'd tried Nwilb832's approach, did it work for you? Please comment.

20 of 26 (9,653 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 24, 2013 6:10:25 AM
(0)
Teacher

Great glad other people are able to get their updates too now.

@iUmair  I agree I think it has more to do with powering down and removing the battery.  Aug 7 just happened to be the next date I could use to try the update.  The date could be whatever each person can use next.

Great glad other people are able to get their updates too now.

@iUmair  I agree I think it has more to do with powering down and removing the battery.  Aug 7 just happened to be the next date I could use to try the update.  The date could be whatever each person can use next.

21 of 26 (9,647 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 24, 2013 10:29:01 AM
(0)
Scholar

Thank you Nwilb! I didn't even have to take the battery out. I just rebooted it. I had to change the date because of all the previous attempts. I checked immediatly after rebooting it and it found the update.

Thank you Nwilb! I didn't even have to take the battery out. I just rebooted it. I had to change the date because of all the previous attempts. I checked immediatly after rebooting it and it found the update.

22 of 26 (9,601 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 24, 2013 7:31:30 PM
(0)
Scholar
It's not useful unless you use apps that require or it or are a ROM junkie. I like TouchWiz just fine tbh and most of what I like is particular too it. I would have liked to have access for a few apps but it will be able to be done again in time.
It's not useful unless you use apps that require or it or are a ROM junkie. I like TouchWiz just fine tbh and most of what I like is particular too it. I would have liked to have access for a few apps but it will be able to be done again in time.

23 of 26 (9,547 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 27, 2013 6:51:30 AM
(0)
Tutor

I too had the update not available issue. I just set the date ahead three days, checked for upates, viola - update downloads and completes process. Family has three S4's now all on same firmware finally!

I too had the update not available issue. I just set the date ahead three days, checked for upates, viola - update downloads and completes process. Family has three S4's now all on same firmware finally!

24 of 26 (9,343 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 30, 2013 11:40:31 PM
(0)
Contributor

The given solution doesnt work for me. I have tried moving dates one by one. I checked out till 30th August but no luck. And now even for the current date it shows me adding up hours till the 30th august for update to be availalble.

Though Kies, it shows me that i have an update available. But it downloads till about 11-12% every time and then just stops. Doesnot download after that. I have tried this many many times.

Is there a solution to this? anything via OTA or Kies.

The given solution doesnt work for me. I have tried moving dates one by one. I checked out till 30th August but no luck. And now even for the current date it shows me adding up hours till the 30th august for update to be availalble.

Though Kies, it shows me that i have an update available. But it downloads till about 11-12% every time and then just stops. Doesnot download after that. I have tried this many many times.

Is there a solution to this? anything via OTA or Kies.

25 of 26 (9,085 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 25, 2013 3:00:00 AM
(0)
Contributor

Even more than 2 months of release, I am not able to get this update on my S4. I tried doing this through Kies and i am still on

• Android      version: 4.2.2
  • Baseband version:      I337UCUAMDL     
  • Build      number:      JDQ39.I337UCUAMDL

Is there any work around possible?

Even more than 2 months of release, I am not able to get this update on my S4. I tried doing this through Kies and i am still on

• Android      version: 4.2.2
  • Baseband version:      I337UCUAMDL     
  • Build      number:      JDQ39.I337UCUAMDL

Is there any work around possible?

26 of 26 (7,005 Views)