The Samsung Galaxy S24
FuturePilot's profile

Scholar

• 

15 Messages

Tuesday, July 16th, 2013 9:30 PM

Galaxy S4 MF3 update not available

I was able to update my S4 to the MF3 version the day it was released OTA. But I've tried to update two other S4s since then and it always says it's up-to-date even though they still have the old MDL version. Any ideas?

Scholar

• 

15 Messages

11 years ago

I tried setting the date ahead 4 days but it still says it's up to date.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

11 years ago

Yeah, no matter how many days ahead I put it, I still get the same message - software is up to date.

I'm not getting mf3 update at all, what gives?

Scholar

• 

130 Messages

11 years ago

I waited a day then just kept moving it up till it took. It is a pain.

Mentor

• 

40 Messages

11 years ago

Same boat here .. still on MDL .. I've changed my dates continously (up to more than 10 days now) and nothing !!! Thinking it may be something to do with my IMEI, I call AT&T and had them lock in my IMEI number to my account. Still did not work. There is not manual update out there to do it ourselfs .. and the most weirdest/stupid thing out there .. if you do a Emergency Firmware Recovery on your phone through KIES .. if pushes MDL !!!! Even Samsung doesn't have access to MF3's update !!!!

Come on AT&T, what gives here ?

Scholar

• 

130 Messages

11 years ago

On the other hand if you guys are looking to roit MF3

Scholar

• 

130 Messages

11 years ago

Sorry, wonder why no edit button here on mobile. As I was saying if you are looking to root MF3 totally breaks it. Might not be a bad thing and I found out too late myself.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

11 years ago

Definitely not interested in root - as great as I've heard it to be. I just want the latest update. I tried calling AT&T, and they tried pushing the update from their end - but they couldn't push it through.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

thank you so much Nwilb832! did your trick and it worked. Been looking on all the android forums to find a way to get this update, even contacted technical support (HA) thanks again!

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

11 years ago

THIS METHOD WORKS!

Nwilb832, thank you for your response. I did exactly as you mentioned:

1. put the date to August 7th
2. turned off phone
3. removed battery
4. replace battery
5. turn on phone
6. Update

I think it may have something to do with actually removing the battery, but it worked! I recommend anyone having this issue try this approach. If you'd tried Nwilb832's approach, did it work for you? Please comment.

Teacher

• 

9 Messages

11 years ago

Great glad other people are able to get their updates too now.

@iUmair  I agree I think it has more to do with powering down and removing the battery.  Aug 7 just happened to be the next date I could use to try the update.  The date could be whatever each person can use next.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.