The Samsung Galaxy S24
FuturePilot's profile

Scholar

• 

15 Messages

Tuesday, July 16th, 2013 9:30 PM

Galaxy S4 MF3 update not available

I was able to update my S4 to the MF3 version the day it was released OTA. But I've tried to update two other S4s since then and it always says it's up-to-date even though they still have the old MDL version. Any ideas?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Teacher

• 

9 Messages

11 years ago

Ok finally able to activate the update.  I changed the date to August 7th.  Then turned the phone off.  Took the battery out.  Put it all back together restarted with the phone still set to August 7th then tried the update and it started downloading finally.  Not sure which part actually got it going finally but the only new steps I had done is turning the phone off after changing the date and taking out the battery before trying the update again.  

Scholar

• 

130 Messages

11 years ago

Set the date ahead manually.

Scholar

• 

15 Messages

11 years ago

That's not the problem. I've been checking every day for the past week and every time it says it's up-to-date.

Teacher

• 

9 Messages

11 years ago

Same issue here I set the date ahead all the way to July 28th and I still cannot get the update. Tried it on WiFi and on the Network. Nothing.

Scholar

• 

130 Messages

11 years ago

Oh. I just had to go up three days and mine took. Tried factory reset then doing it?

Scholar

• 

130 Messages

11 years ago

Use wifi though.

Teacher

• 

9 Messages

11 years ago

Haven't done factory reset yet, hoping for that to be the last resort

Scholar

• 

130 Messages

11 years ago

No doubt. I hate doing that myself.

Scholar

• 

15 Messages

11 years ago

I haven't tried a factory reset, but I really hope I don't have to do that. It's a major pain.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

11 years ago

I haven't been able to update either. 

Can an AT&T employee please provide some support in this matter?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.