Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Feb 26, 2014
4:13:57 AM
Galaxy S4 Kit-Kat Update
Edited by ATTDmitriyCM on Feb 26, 2014 at 5:35:34 AM

Has Anyone gotten the Update as yet today????   Let us know if you get it on Here!!

Has Anyone gotten the Update as yet today????   Let us know if you get it on Here!!

Galaxy S4 Kit-Kat Update

[ Edited ]
47 replies
(1) Me too
(1) Me too
View all replies
(47)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 26, 2014 6:02:31 AM
(0)
Contributor

I haven't as of 7:30am CST.

I haven't as of 7:30am CST.

Re: Galaxy S4 Kit-Kat Update

2 of 48 (10,175 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 26, 2014 7:09:28 AM
(0)
Contributor
Nothing here as of 10:07est. If you have a best buy in your area, call to see if they have a Samsung station there. They can flash new firmware from their PC.
Nothing here as of 10:07est. If you have a best buy in your area, call to see if they have a Samsung station there. They can flash new firmware from their PC.

3 of 48 (10,078 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 26, 2014 7:15:18 AM
(0)
Scholar

Not here either at 09:14 CDT

Not here either at 09:14 CDT

4 of 48 (10,067 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 26, 2014 7:57:29 AM
(0)
Mentor
Edited by belling74 on Feb 26, 2014 at 7:58:26 AM

Just checked on all 3 of my accounts S4's and all 3 tell me I am current on 4.3, please check in 24 hours. I suspect that much like the 4.3 update, they are loading IMEI numbers into the update system in waves. I know with 4.3, two of the three updated without a hitch, the 3rd one I had to contact support and get a ticket open to have them load the IMEI into the update server. As soon as that happened it too updated to 4.3 without issue. We all want it, just have a little patience. The fact that it came so soon after 4.3 and BEFORE the S5 is available is a miracle of earth-shattering proportions. I actually would like to hold off a few days and see what bugs have been introduced, what performance is like, battery life etc. Look at 4.3, it was released and pulled then released again to correct issues, and the S3 still has problems. Just hang tight, it is officially available.

Sauce - http://www.att.com/esupport/softwareUpdateArticle.jsp?sid=KB419415&cv=820#fbid=4bZqqYlNHna

Just checked on all 3 of my accounts S4's and all 3 tell me I am current on 4.3, please check in 24 hours. I suspect that much like the 4.3 update, they are loading IMEI numbers into the update system in waves. I know with 4.3, two of the three updated without a hitch, the 3rd one I had to contact support and get a ticket open to have them load the IMEI into the update server. As soon as that happened it too updated to 4.3 without issue. We all want it, just have a little patience. The fact that it came so soon after 4.3 and BEFORE the S5 is available is a miracle of earth-shattering proportions. I actually would like to hold off a few days and see what bugs have been introduced, what performance is like, battery life etc. Look at 4.3, it was released and pulled then released again to correct issues, and the S3 still has problems. Just hang tight, it is officially available.

Sauce - http://www.att.com/esupport/softwareUpdateArticle.jsp?sid=KB419415&cv=820#fbid=4bZqqYlNHna

[ Edited ]
5 of 48 (9,986 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 26, 2014 8:02:53 AM
(0)
Contributor

My update started at 9:57am

My update started at 9:57am

6 of 48 (9,973 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 26, 2014 8:06:06 AM
(0)
Tutor

Mine is downloading now and of course keeps disconnecting from my wifi due to the known issue with 4.3  Smiley Mad

Mine is downloading now and of course keeps disconnecting from my wifi due to the known issue with 4.3  Smiley Mad

7 of 48 (9,961 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 26, 2014 8:08:20 AM
(0)
Tutor

belling74 wrote:

If you don't feel like waiting set your date ahead 24hrs and try again. You can keep repeating this until your phone finally see's the update.

belling74 wrote:

If you don't feel like waiting set your date ahead 24hrs and try again. You can keep repeating this until your phone finally see's the update.

8 of 48 (9,955 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 26, 2014 8:15:52 AM
(0)
Teacher

I just forced the update on my s4 like for the last 4.3 update. Installing now.

I just forced the update on my s4 like for the last 4.3 update. Installing now.

9 of 48 (9,946 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 26, 2014 8:34:35 AM
(0)
Tutor
downloading from Chicago...
downloading from Chicago...

10 of 48 (9,920 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 26, 2014 9:07:10 AM
(0)
Mentor
Yeah, I know all about the spoof the clock trick. I used it on my daughters S3 to get the 4.3 update. The issue I have run into in the past is a lot of times you can end up going out a week and it still won't trigger the update. Pre 4.0 you used to be able to just go into Applications and clear the cache on the update app, and not mess with bumping the time up. I am fine with waiting, that way if there are major issues I can defer the update. Thanks for the pro-tip though, lots of folks still don't know about it honestly.
Yeah, I know all about the spoof the clock trick. I used it on my daughters S3 to get the 4.3 update. The issue I have run into in the past is a lot of times you can end up going out a week and it still won't trigger the update. Pre 4.0 you used to be able to just go into Applications and clear the cache on the update app, and not mess with bumping the time up. I am fine with waiting, that way if there are major issues I can defer the update. Thanks for the pro-tip though, lots of folks still don't know about it honestly.

11 of 48 (9,871 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 26, 2014 9:36:22 AM
(0)
Mentor
11:35 CST and my wife's S4 just got the update prompt. I will let her be the beta tester. =)
11:35 CST and my wife's S4 just got the update prompt. I will let her be the beta tester. =)

12 of 48 (9,839 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 26, 2014 9:56:26 AM
(0)
Contributor

Started the hunt from 12:00AM . Forced an update check again a couple minutes ago and Alas!!! Now downloading it and super thrilled about the full album artwork feature(hope Spotify takes advantage of this) and a bunch of Kitkat goodies soon to be discovered!!! A little concerned about the SD Card saga going on around the internet but as a fan of technology I know I will always find a work around.  

Started the hunt from 12:00AM . Forced an update check again a couple minutes ago and Alas!!! Now downloading it and super thrilled about the full album artwork feature(hope Spotify takes advantage of this) and a bunch of Kitkat goodies soon to be discovered!!! A little concerned about the SD Card saga going on around the internet but as a fan of technology I know I will always find a work around.  

13 of 48 (9,807 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 26, 2014 10:24:28 AM
(0)
Scholar
Edited by tailgunner9 on Feb 26, 2014 at 11:39:27 AM

Will Someone Please answer questions below??

Does it come up up your screen that you have an update as I have seen some??  Or do you have to go into the settings and check manually??  Also does anyone know if I can get on my rooted S4 with I337UCEMK2??

Will Someone Please answer questions below??

Does it come up up your screen that you have an update as I have seen some??  Or do you have to go into the settings and check manually??  Also does anyone know if I can get on my rooted S4 with I337UCEMK2??

[ Edited ]
14 of 48 (9,785 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 26, 2014 10:51:59 AM
(0)
Tutor

I got the update, and everything is running fine.  One thing I find annoying, is the notification bar used to have data toggle, but then when the 4.3 update came out, it was taken away.  I read that ATT was putting it back after 4.4.2 was installed, it still wasn't there.  Can anyone confirm this? 

I got the update, and everything is running fine.  One thing I find annoying, is the notification bar used to have data toggle, but then when the 4.3 update came out, it was taken away.  I read that ATT was putting it back after 4.4.2 was installed, it still wasn't there.  Can anyone confirm this? 

15 of 48 (9,760 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 26, 2014 10:58:27 AM
(0)
Scholar

just updated 2 co workers s4s and they both do not have the data toggle.

just updated 2 co workers s4s and they both do not have the data toggle.

16 of 48 (9,751 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 26, 2014 10:58:45 AM
(0)
Contributor
Yes, there is no data toggle on my freshly updated S4. So far so good. Although I had to reinstall a few apps as they somehow got deleted in the update process. No biggie though.
Yes, there is no data toggle on my freshly updated S4. So far so good. Although I had to reinstall a few apps as they somehow got deleted in the update process. No biggie though.

17 of 48 (9,750 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 26, 2014 11:05:20 AM
(0)
Tutor

Smiley Frustrated

Oh Well, I guess I'll have to add an app for that, just save lots of battery life while I'm work.  Thanks for confirming...

Smiley Frustrated

Oh Well, I guess I'll have to add an app for that, just save lots of battery life while I'm work.  Thanks for confirming...

18 of 48 (9,744 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 26, 2014 12:19:52 PM
(0)
Mentor

@tailgunner9 - My wifes got the pop-up notification, I was able to push the update on my daughters by manually checking from settings. As far as the update with root, I do not know. Considering that it checks device status (Secure boot) it may not go, especially with Knox being updated to v2.0. @jmoshopoulos - confirmed, the toggle is still absent in this update. That being said you CAN still turn it on and off via >Settings>Connections>More Networks>Mobile networks>Mobile Data. Why they would remove the toggle yet leave the option is beyond me. 

So far so good on both devices, after the initial boot start up times are a bit faster, and the whole phone seems to run smoother, like they implimented Butter correctly this time. Apps launch and switch much more quickly and fluidly that in 4.3. Messing with my wifes phone I ahve not encountered any of the wifi, screen lag or stutter that I saw in the 4.3 build. On a side note, ISIS wallet has been forced down our thorat with this update, however a quick change in Google Wallet and you can restore that as your primary "Touch-to-pay" app. 

@tailgunner9 - My wifes got the pop-up notification, I was able to push the update on my daughters by manually checking from settings. As far as the update with root, I do not know. Considering that it checks device status (Secure boot) it may not go, especially with Knox being updated to v2.0. @jmoshopoulos - confirmed, the toggle is still absent in this update. That being said you CAN still turn it on and off via >Settings>Connections>More Networks>Mobile networks>Mobile Data. Why they would remove the toggle yet leave the option is beyond me. 

So far so good on both devices, after the initial boot start up times are a bit faster, and the whole phone seems to run smoother, like they implimented Butter correctly this time. Apps launch and switch much more quickly and fluidly that in 4.3. Messing with my wifes phone I ahve not encountered any of the wifi, screen lag or stutter that I saw in the 4.3 build. On a side note, ISIS wallet has been forced down our thorat with this update, however a quick change in Google Wallet and you can restore that as your primary "Touch-to-pay" app. 

19 of 48 (9,690 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 26, 2014 1:36:37 PM
(0)
Scholar
Edited by tailgunner9 on Feb 26, 2014 at 3:09:24 PM

Hear Now that you may not be able to Root Kit Kat also.  So be stuck with all of AT&T junk running that most people do not even use or even know what some of it is.   I have never had a minute of trouble with my Rooted 4.3 as others describe of their problems.  Lucky I guess. Got update 417.66 MB. I know I will loose my Root but will take the chance. Downloading Now..

Hear Now that you may not be able to Root Kit Kat also.  So be stuck with all of AT&T junk running that most people do not even use or even know what some of it is.   I have never had a minute of trouble with my Rooted 4.3 as others describe of their problems.  Lucky I guess. Got update 417.66 MB. I know I will loose my Root but will take the chance. Downloading Now..

[ Edited ]
20 of 48 (9,620 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 26, 2014 2:26:56 PM
(0)
Scholar

It usasly does pop up stating you got software update, or you can check it manually.

It usasly does pop up stating you got software update, or you can check it manually.

21 of 48 (9,562 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 26, 2014 3:41:55 PM
(0)
Voyager

i still don't see the update on my att s4.. i am in california... my phone is unlocked and was rooted earlier but i have removed it using super su.. any suggestion or idea regarding not getting update?

i still don't see the update on my att s4.. i am in california... my phone is unlocked and was rooted earlier but i have removed it using super su.. any suggestion or idea regarding not getting update?

22 of 48 (9,512 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 26, 2014 4:22:56 PM
(0)
Mentor

Hi,

Just got it installed. I waited till I was home.

So far so good. A bit quicker, I see Beats app

added to programs, not sure what else yet.

I'll be giving it a good going over tomorrow.

No issues yet, and actually a quick download

and install for 417 mb!!!

Ken

Hi,

Just got it installed. I waited till I was home.

So far so good. A bit quicker, I see Beats app

added to programs, not sure what else yet.

I'll be giving it a good going over tomorrow.

No issues yet, and actually a quick download

and install for 417 mb!!!

Ken

23 of 48 (9,480 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 26, 2014 7:23:41 PM
(0)
Mentor

Nice catch on the pre-installed Beats app, I missed that because I was already using it so I assumed that it was still there from when I installed it. The only other thing I saw that was "new" as far as pre-installed "bloatware" was ISIS, and it disabled that as soon as I saw it. Now running on all 3 of my S4s and I must say battery life seems improved, the device feels faster and more responsive. As I mentioned earlier it's like they got Butter right this time, or KitKat may just handle memory and background tasks differently than JB. 

Now if I can only get my Note 8 off of  buggy 4.1.2 and on 4.4 like Samsung announced. Wishful thinking on my part AT&T? 

Nice catch on the pre-installed Beats app, I missed that because I was already using it so I assumed that it was still there from when I installed it. The only other thing I saw that was "new" as far as pre-installed "bloatware" was ISIS, and it disabled that as soon as I saw it. Now running on all 3 of my S4s and I must say battery life seems improved, the device feels faster and more responsive. As I mentioned earlier it's like they got Butter right this time, or KitKat may just handle memory and background tasks differently than JB. 

Now if I can only get my Note 8 off of  buggy 4.1.2 and on 4.4 like Samsung announced. Wishful thinking on my part AT&T? 

24 of 48 (9,350 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 27, 2014 2:55:19 AM
(0)
Voyager

Volume is not as loud as was in 4.3.  or 4.2.  Yes, I did try to adusted to max.  Still not as loud as before.

Volume is not as loud as was in 4.3.  or 4.2.  Yes, I did try to adusted to max.  Still not as loud as before.

25 of 48 (9,205 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 27, 2014 7:03:48 AM
(0)
Scholar
Did anyone notice the update uninstalled waze? I know AT&T wishes we would shell out the money for their useless navigation app, but to go as far as uninstalling one of my apps in an update?

Bad move AT&T
Did anyone notice the update uninstalled waze? I know AT&T wishes we would shell out the money for their useless navigation app, but to go as far as uninstalling one of my apps in an update?

Bad move AT&T

26 of 48 (9,150 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 27, 2014 8:31:35 AM
(0)
Teacher

Anyone have any idea when the update will be coming for the s4 active?

Anyone have any idea when the update will be coming for the s4 active?

27 of 48 (9,109 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 27, 2014 8:40:08 AM
(0)
Tutor
Yes I was able to get the update this morning around 8:30am CST
Yes I was able to get the update this morning around 8:30am CST

28 of 48 (9,096 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 27, 2014 11:40:27 AM
(0)
Mentor
Those of you that miss that data toggle there is another option to use instead of using a third party app. Go to widgets and then look for "Settings Shortcuts". Place the icon on any of your home screens and select Data Usage. It will give you a new Data shortcut. Not as great as the data toggle but pretty close I guess.
Those of you that miss that data toggle there is another option to use instead of using a third party app. Go to widgets and then look for "Settings Shortcuts". Place the icon on any of your home screens and select Data Usage. It will give you a new Data shortcut. Not as great as the data toggle but pretty close I guess.

29 of 48 (9,037 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 27, 2014 2:41:04 PM
(0)
Mentor

" The only other thing I saw that was "new" as far as pre-installed "bloatware" was ISIS, and it disabled that as soon as I saw it."

Hi,

I looked for ISIS and don't see it on mine. Is it in apps or running programs and what is it??

Ken

" The only other thing I saw that was "new" as far as pre-installed "bloatware" was ISIS, and it disabled that as soon as I saw it."

Hi,

I looked for ISIS and don't see it on mine. Is it in apps or running programs and what is it??

Ken

30 of 48 (8,976 Views)