For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
tailgunner9's profile

Scholar

• 

400 Messages

Wednesday, February 26th, 2014 12:13 PM

Galaxy S4 Kit-Kat Update

Has Anyone gotten the Update as yet today????   Let us know if you get it on Here!!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

I haven't as of 7:30am CST.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

Nothing here as of 10:07est. If you have a best buy in your area, call to see if they have a Samsung station there. They can flash new firmware from their PC.

Scholar

• 

400 Messages

10 years ago

Not here either at 09:14 CDT

Mentor

• 

40 Messages

10 years ago

Just checked on all 3 of my accounts S4's and all 3 tell me I am current on 4.3, please check in 24 hours. I suspect that much like the 4.3 update, they are loading IMEI numbers into the update system in waves. I know with 4.3, two of the three updated without a hitch, the 3rd one I had to contact support and get a ticket open to have them load the IMEI into the update server. As soon as that happened it too updated to 4.3 without issue. We all want it, just have a little patience. The fact that it came so soon after 4.3 and BEFORE the S5 is available is a miracle of earth-shattering proportions. I actually would like to hold off a few days and see what bugs have been introduced, what performance is like, battery life etc. Look at 4.3, it was released and pulled then released again to correct issues, and the S3 still has problems. Just hang tight, it is officially available.

Sauce - http://www.att.com/esupport/softwareUpdateArticle.jsp?sid=KB419415&cv=820#fbid=4bZqqYlNHna

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

My update started at 9:57am

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

Mine is downloading now and of course keeps disconnecting from my wifi due to the known issue with 4.3  Smiley Mad

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

@belling74 wrote:

Just checked on all 3 of my accounts S4's and all 3 tell me I am current on 4.3, please check in 24 hours. I suspect that much like the 4.3 update, they are loading IMEI numbers into the update system in waves. I know with 4.3, two of the three updated without a hitch, the 3rd one I had to contact support and get a ticket open to have them load the IMEI into the update server. As soon as that happened it too updated to 4.3 without issue. We all want it, just have a little patience. The fact that it came so soon after 4.3 and BEFORE the S5 is available is a miracle of earth-shattering proportions. I actually would like to hold off a few days and see what bugs have been introduced, what performance is like, battery life etc. Look at 4.3, it was released and pulled then released again to correct issues, and the S3 still has problems. Just hang tight, it is officially available.

Sauce - http://www.att.com/esupport/softwareUpdateArticle.jsp?sid=KB419415&cv=820#fbid=4bZqqYlNHna

If you don't feel like waiting set your date ahead 24hrs and try again. You can keep repeating this until your phone finally see's the update.

Teacher

• 

9 Messages

10 years ago

I just forced the update on my s4 like for the last 4.3 update. Installing now.

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

10 years ago

downloading from Chicago...

Mentor

• 

40 Messages

10 years ago

Yeah, I know all about the spoof the clock trick. I used it on my daughters S3 to get the 4.3 update. The issue I have run into in the past is a lot of times you can end up going out a week and it still won't trigger the update. Pre 4.0 you used to be able to just go into Applications and clear the cache on the update app, and not mess with bumping the time up. I am fine with waiting, that way if there are major issues I can defer the update. Thanks for the pro-tip though, lots of folks still don't know about it honestly.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.