For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
tailgunner9's profile

Scholar

• 

400 Messages

Wednesday, February 26th, 2014 12:13 PM

Galaxy S4 Kit-Kat Update

Has Anyone gotten the Update as yet today????   Let us know if you get it on Here!!

Mentor

• 

41 Messages

10 years ago

Hi,

Thanks, I shut it off!!!!!!

Ken

Scholar

• 

400 Messages

10 years ago

ISIS program will not work after update.  Says because my phone was rooted at time I did update when I try to Open it.  Oh well, would not have used it anyway.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

Has anyone else noticed any dip in battery life with 4.4.2? I have had developer options enabled since I first got the S4 and always kept background processes at a maximum of two to help with battery life also in conjunction with power saving and Juicedefender Ultimate. Since the update the developer options do not work as I looked and saw that my app manager said 9 apps were running, then I release the RAM to only find it closed out 36 apps. I've never seen it close that many at one time. Anyone else? Any suggestions?

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

You shouldn't have this option enabled anyways unless you are actually developing and testing.  Essentially, it makes Sense super aggressive at closing apps, which means it will run more and result in more of a pull on the battery. 

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

10 years ago

Updated to 4.4.2 yesterday. If you are using exchange push mail DO NOT update! Seems there is a big on 4.4.2 that makes the sync run continuously! Kills you battery, and jacks up your data usage. EAS was burning 4 mb an hour over wife (thank god) and was killing my battery in the space of 5 hours. I have factory reset my phone, at up and deleted the exchange account 3 or 4 times. Then I stayed looking online to find this is a problem in 4.4.2. Way to go at&t, this update had made my phone less useful...

Scholar

• 

400 Messages

10 years ago

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

10 years ago

Can anyone give a full review for this update....? some people said that it gives great battery life....

Scholar

• 

400 Messages

10 years ago

Have not noticed any difference myself.  But I have always kept mine in settings to just have 2 programs in background running not the Standard that is Default.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

10 years ago

How can i set the setting to do that?

Scholar

• 

400 Messages

10 years ago

Its in Developers Options.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.