The Samsung Galaxy S24
tailgunner9's profile

Scholar

• 

400 Messages

Wednesday, February 26th, 2014 12:13 PM

Galaxy S4 Kit-Kat Update

Has Anyone gotten the Update as yet today????   Let us know if you get it on Here!!

Voyager

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

i still don't see the update on my att s4.. i am in california... my phone is unlocked and was rooted earlier but i have removed it using super su.. any suggestion or idea regarding not getting update?

Mentor

• 

41 Messages

10 years ago

Hi,

Just got it installed. I waited till I was home.

So far so good. A bit quicker, I see Beats app

added to programs, not sure what else yet.

I'll be giving it a good going over tomorrow.

No issues yet, and actually a quick download

and install for 417 mb!!!

Ken

Mentor

• 

40 Messages

10 years ago

Nice catch on the pre-installed Beats app, I missed that because I was already using it so I assumed that it was still there from when I installed it. The only other thing I saw that was "new" as far as pre-installed "bloatware" was ISIS, and it disabled that as soon as I saw it. Now running on all 3 of my S4s and I must say battery life seems improved, the device feels faster and more responsive. As I mentioned earlier it's like they got Butter right this time, or KitKat may just handle memory and background tasks differently than JB. 

Now if I can only get my Note 8 off of  buggy 4.1.2 and on 4.4 like Samsung announced. Wishful thinking on my part AT&T? 

Voyager

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

Volume is not as loud as was in 4.3.  or 4.2.  Yes, I did try to adusted to max.  Still not as loud as before.

Scholar

• 

63 Messages

10 years ago

Did anyone notice the update uninstalled waze? I know AT&T wishes we would shell out the money for their useless navigation app, but to go as far as uninstalling one of my apps in an update?

Bad move AT&T

Teacher

• 

12 Messages

10 years ago

Anyone have any idea when the update will be coming for the s4 active?

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

10 years ago

Yes I was able to get the update this morning around 8:30am CST

Mentor

• 

42 Messages

10 years ago

Those of you that miss that data toggle there is another option to use instead of using a third party app. Go to widgets and then look for "Settings Shortcuts". Place the icon on any of your home screens and select Data Usage. It will give you a new Data shortcut. Not as great as the data toggle but pretty close I guess.

Mentor

• 

41 Messages

10 years ago

" The only other thing I saw that was "new" as far as pre-installed "bloatware" was ISIS, and it disabled that as soon as I saw it."

Hi,

I looked for ISIS and don't see it on mine. Is it in apps or running programs and what is it??

Ken

Mentor

• 

40 Messages

10 years ago

Ken, it's labeled as Wallet so should show up towards the end of the app list. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.