The Samsung Galaxy S24
tailgunner9's profile

Scholar

• 

400 Messages

Wednesday, February 26th, 2014 12:13 PM

Galaxy S4 Kit-Kat Update

Has Anyone gotten the Update as yet today????   Let us know if you get it on Here!!

Mentor

• 

40 Messages

10 years ago

11:35 CST and my wife's S4 just got the update prompt. I will let her be the beta tester. 😃

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

Started the hunt from 12:00AM . Forced an update check again a couple minutes ago and Alas!!! Now downloading it and super thrilled about the full album artwork feature(hope Spotify takes advantage of this) and a bunch of Kitkat goodies soon to be discovered!!! A little concerned about the SD Card saga going on around the internet but as a fan of technology I know I will always find a work around.  

Scholar

• 

400 Messages

10 years ago

Will Someone Please answer questions below??

Does it come up up your screen that you have an update as I have seen some??  Or do you have to go into the settings and check manually??  Also does anyone know if I can get on my rooted S4 with I337UCEMK2??

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

I got the update, and everything is running fine.  One thing I find annoying, is the notification bar used to have data toggle, but then when the 4.3 update came out, it was taken away.  I read that ATT was putting it back after 4.4.2 was installed, it still wasn't there.  Can anyone confirm this? 

Scholar

• 

131 Messages

10 years ago

just updated 2 co workers s4s and they both do not have the data toggle.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

Yes, there is no data toggle on my freshly updated S4. So far so good. Although I had to reinstall a few apps as they somehow got deleted in the update process. No biggie though.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

Smiley Frustrated

Oh Well, I guess I'll have to add an app for that, just save lots of battery life while I'm work.  Thanks for confirming...

Mentor

• 

40 Messages

10 years ago

@tailgunner9 - My wifes got the pop-up notification, I was able to push the update on my daughters by manually checking from settings. As far as the update with root, I do not know. Considering that it checks device status (Secure boot) it may not go, especially with Knox being updated to v2.0. @jmoshopoulos - confirmed, the toggle is still absent in this update. That being said you CAN still turn it on and off via >Settings>Connections>More Networks>Mobile networks>Mobile Data. Why they would remove the toggle yet leave the option is beyond me. 

So far so good on both devices, after the initial boot start up times are a bit faster, and the whole phone seems to run smoother, like they implimented Butter correctly this time. Apps launch and switch much more quickly and fluidly that in 4.3. Messing with my wifes phone I ahve not encountered any of the wifi, screen lag or stutter that I saw in the 4.3 build. On a side note, ISIS wallet has been forced down our thorat with this update, however a quick change in Google Wallet and you can restore that as your primary "Touch-to-pay" app. 

Scholar

• 

400 Messages

10 years ago

Hear Now that you may not be able to Root Kit Kat also.  So be stuck with all of AT&T junk running that most people do not even use or even know what some of it is.   I have never had a minute of trouble with my Rooted 4.3 as others describe of their problems.  Lucky I guess. Got update 417.66 MB. I know I will loose my Root but will take the chance. Downloading Now..

Scholar

• 

43 Messages

10 years ago

It usasly does pop up stating you got software update, or you can check it manually.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.