The Samsung Galaxy S24
jackerbes's profile

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

Saturday, December 28th, 2013 11:37 PM

Galaxy S4 Actiive - remove unwanted apps?

It there a way to remove all the google and AT&T apps on my S4 Active that I don't use and never will use? 

If not, is there a way to replace the operating system with one that will let me have control over all of the apps? 

I keep phones for years (came to the S4 from an iPhone 3GS) and my needs a pretty basic...

Jack

Guru

• 

450 Messages

10 years ago

Hi jackerbes,

I have had a few of my customers use that same bluetooth hearing aids. By default your S4 should support them with no problems. Most of the software that comes preinstalled on the device you can't have removed.

You can hide them however. Go to Settings - Applications manager and swipe to All then choose the app you don’t want to use and tap Disable. It will drop to the bottom of the list. You can also hide app icons from the app drawer by tapping Menu - Hide applications and then choose the ones you don’t want to appear.

My general caution for rooting your device - Rooting will void your warranty and may render your device un-usabale. Most software and ROM's that are out there are not necessary stable and may cause certian apps or featues to fail and not work properly. Rooting may cause irreversable data loss. If you elect to root, ensure you are fully aware of the risks.

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

10 years ago

Thanks for the good advice.  I'll probably take that and settlle for putting the stuff I don't use in the disable and/or hidden mode.  I've lost interest in the rooting thing at least for now. 

Thanks again for the comments.

Jack

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

If you get the app clean master from the Google store it will automatically root itself for an easy way to uninstalle any thing you want but be carefull I uninstalled at&t software updates because I backed it up but now it wont reinstall and I cant find it any where .so make sure you dont need the apps you uninstalle. ..but the app clean master wellilet you uninstalle any thing with out having to go through the trouble of rooting your phone. .
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.