Galaxy S4 - 4.3 Update

Tutor

Galaxy S4 - 4.3 Update

[ Edited ]

Best buy says November 13th, Has anyone gotten the update yet? I know it's still early..

Message 4 of 233 (41,190 Views)
Contributor

Re: Galaxy S4 - 4.3 Update

dabf... You can download a free home screen widget from the app store to toggle mobile data function
Message 226 of 233 (2,217 Views)
Mentor

Can't fix and any comments above regarding the NSA. But as long as there is something helping the NSA its a good thing.
Message 227 of 233 (2,211 Views)
Highlighted
Mentor

Fix= find
Message 228 of 233 (2,210 Views)
Contributor

I just got the Galaxy s4 (att) and loving it coming from a Apple user since day one BUT I just got the watch "gear" and to my surprise I can't pair due to update with this phone I have been reading and I need help with the "force update" step by step cause I am not understanding how everyone is doing it
Message 229 of 233 (1,408 Views)
Teacher

[ Edited ]

Just went from an Iphone 5 got an S4 myselfSmiley Happy. You can download the Android update manually on your phone by going to settings->more->about device->software upate. Then select "check for updates" and if there is an update available, you will be asked if you want to install. I recommend having your phone plugged into the charger and updating over a wifi versus cellular. After updating, you should now have Android 4.4.2 on you phone.

Message 230 of 233 (1,387 Views)
Teacher

I am still running 4.3 on my S4 Active and it shows no update when I check.  I know it took 3-4 months after the other S4s got the 4.3 update before it was available for my Active. 

Message 231 of 233 (1,360 Views)
Tutor

Seriously, do not update to 4.4.2.  Beyond the numerous issues that exist for it (very buggy), it also restricts your ability to use your phone with a SIM card.  Specifically, it was created so that Apps could not change files saved by other Apps. 

Google bugs for kitkat 4.4.2.  After you've taken a couple of days to read the complaints, read the rest of this.

For example, you take a picture.  You want to modify it.  Ok, but you can't just save your modified picture anywhere you want.  It must be saved under the app file where you modified it.  Now you have 2 files, 1 for the original, and 1 for the modified version.

Music?  Hope you're not using a 3rd party player.  Any changes (album art, notes, etc.) will save a duplicate file elsewhere.  

Want to move your files around?  Sorry, can't do that anymore. Want to run something off the SIM?  Sorry, can't do that anymore.

But don't worry, you can definitely buy Google or ATT's cloud service for just a few bucks more a month!

Message 232 of 233 (1,344 Views)
Contributor

Im having the same problem. Continue update is greyed out. Customer service hasnt been able help.

Message 233 of 233 (1,034 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.