The Samsung Galaxy S24
xamadeix's profile

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

Wednesday, November 13th, 2013 3:46 PM

Galaxy S4 - 4.3 Update

Best buy says November 13th, Has anyone gotten the update yet? I know it's still early..

Teacher

• 

27 Messages

10 years ago

I've had the update for a week and no problems at all.  No battery issue of any kind.  No apps malfunctioning.  All seems fine.

I have the Galaxy S4 Active and I think the software is different from the S4.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

Is there a way to downgrade back to the 4 2.2 firmware?

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

Hi, 

I'm new here, so please go easy on me. My wife recently purchased the Galaxy S4 and 24 hours after having it, in came what I believe is the android 4.3 update. Unsuspecting what it was, she downloaded it...and everything went to ****. The built-in WiFi app would not connect to our network, her contacts and personal info was gone, Lookout and other unwanted apps were installed and she kept getting this message that said something along the lines of "suspicious app is trying to connect to device". Not knowing what was going on, we gave the device a master reset and returned it to where we purchased it.

A week later, we tried purchasing a new device. We tried to tweak with the settings in order to prevent unwanted software updates or downloads but apparently did not unchecked a box here or there because eventually, the software update popped up. I called AT&T to see if there was a way that the install advisory could be permamently disabled and to verify if this update would eventually install itself no matter how many times we postponed it. The service rep told me that, yes, eventually it would instal itself once the phone connected via wi-fi, but since then I've wondered if that's truly the case.

Long story short, my wife is in love with the phone but absolutely does not want the troublesome software upgrade. Is there any way to completely override that download permanently? And if it's possible, will the phone continue to function normally if it's not updated? Your answers will be greatly appreciated.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

Is at&t planning a fix for everything this update broke? (Mobile data toggle button, folders not auto-closing and just staying open, weird typing idiosyncrasies that are unique to every app, annoyance on top of annoyance)

What the above poster said about NSA I need to research, but if true, I will factory reset my phone. Once I do so, however, is there any way to turn off auto update? Because if not, that's a lot of hassle to go through for nothing (especially considering I have my phone *perfectly* organized and configured for my tastes).

So... AT&T... are you going to fix this, or just leave everyone frustrated?

And stop, fellow disgruntled posters!

I can hear your laughter from here. 😕

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

dabf... You can download a free home screen widget from the app store to toggle mobile data function

Mentor

• 

38 Messages

10 years ago

Can't fix and any comments above regarding the NSA. But as long as there is something helping the NSA its a good thing.

Mentor

• 

38 Messages

10 years ago

Fix= find

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

I just got the Galaxy s4 (att) and loving it coming from a Apple user since day one BUT I just got the watch "gear" and to my surprise I can't pair due to update with this phone I have been reading and I need help with the "force update" step by step cause I am not understanding how everyone is doing it

Teacher

• 

18 Messages

10 years ago

Just went from an Iphone 5 got an S4 myselfSmiley Happy. You can download the Android update manually on your phone by going to settings->more->about device->software upate. Then select "check for updates" and if there is an update available, you will be asked if you want to install. I recommend having your phone plugged into the charger and updating over a wifi versus cellular. After updating, you should now have Android 4.4.2 on you phone.

Teacher

• 

27 Messages

10 years ago

I am still running 4.3 on my S4 Active and it shows no update when I check.  I know it took 3-4 months after the other S4s got the 4.3 update before it was available for my Active. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.