The Samsung Galaxy S24
xamadeix's profile

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

Wednesday, November 13th, 2013 3:46 PM

Galaxy S4 - 4.3 Update

Best buy says November 13th, Has anyone gotten the update yet? I know it's still early..

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

I previously had the issue of the update not taking on my S4. It would stop at around 25% and make me wait the mandatory 24 hrs. I had read they had pulled it and then rolled it out again sometime around mid Dec. I waited for about a week around Dec 20th and started the update again. It stopped 2 days in a row. I waited until the weekend of Dec 21st early morning thinking the servers would not be as busy. It actually updated with the 4.3. Success!!. I immediately experienced the battery drain. I did a soft reset, turn off pull battery. Once all the apps updated I have not had any issues with battery drain. I believe sometimes part of the operating system (google services will hang up and cause the battery drain. It is usually fixed with a soft reset. Fortunately, I have had none of the issue other have had, ie, wifi not working, bluetooth issues, etc. I do agree the update was not much of a change. As for the battery drain, once my phone stabilized after the upgrade battery life is about the same to some improvement. With moderate use during the day I will have 30 to 40% battery left. For those of you whose phone will not update I can only recommend to keep trying and maybe try the update at non peak hours.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

I tried to do the upgrade yesterday and it froze up after downloading about 25%.  Then I today I returned from some shopping and when it reconnected to my wi-fi if finished downloading and updating.  I thought it was doing okay but I turned the phone off and when I restarted it said it was in safe mode.  I turned it off again and it started ok, but then I noticed that I don't have the MOBILE DATA toggle on the notification  panel.  After reading that this has been an issue with this upgrade I wish I hadn't installed it.  Can I uninstall the upgrade and go back.  I used that toggle everyday while I was at work.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

Can you tell me the 5 menues that you go through to turn it off?  I am currently unemployed and CANNOT afford to run up my data usage when I leave the house.

Professor

• 

3.1K Messages

10 years ago

@JeanieB51 wrote:

Can you tell me the 5 menues that you go through to turn it off?  I am currently unemployed and CANNOT afford to run up my data usage when I leave the house.

Swipe down from top, press the gear.

Connections Tab

More Networks

Mobile Networks

Uncheck Mobile data...

Now cellular data is off

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 (I337), I bought it in USA and now I'm in the Dominican Republic, and when I try to update it says "actulizacion Interrupted" but does not load or display the actulización not shown me. HELP!

Teacher

• 

27 Messages

10 years ago

Not sure if this is old news to some of you or not but I just checked and my phone, Galaxy S4 Active, is now updating.  So far about 33 minutes and I'm at 52%.

I'll post as soon as it's finished  🙂

Teacher

• 

27 Messages

10 years ago

Ok installed(4.3) and seems to be working fine.  It starts out optimising all your apps, which takes several minutes.  I have noticed some new apps.  Also I was having trouble with the weather widget stopped workng stuck on 1-17-14 and wouldn't update but after the android update it's back to working normal.

Haven't noticed the battery problem everyone is mentioning but hasn't been long enough to show probably.

I'll keep an eye on that.

Voyager

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

Sadly, it does appear to be missing. BUT, you can do this by going to Settings, connections, more networks, mobile networks, and THEN turn on mobile usage. And, it requires the full reverse of this to turn it off. Frustrating if you like to turn the mobile use on/off easily. If there is another method - please share.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

Since the 4.3 update, S-Voice keeps coming on. I go into setting and turn it off yet it automatically turns on again in a short period of time. I've been fighting this for over a week so I know it wasn't a one-time thing.

Who else is having the problem or has a solution?

Teacher

• 

12 Messages

10 years ago

DO NOT UPDATE TO 4.3 ON ANY SAMSUNG PRODUCT. I have a galaxy s3 and its a total disaster. google it and see all the problems. AT&T will not Help you at all. They already got your money. They are useless. [Edited to comply with Guidelines]. The KNOX security software on this new update is partly to blame. Its garbage. Google that too. Guess who created the KNOX software for Samsung? The NSA. Keep running your older OS as long as you can!!!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.