Helpful Links

Galaxy S4 - 4.3 Update

Tutor

Galaxy S4 - 4.3 Update

Best buy says November 13th, Has anyone gotten the update yet? I know it's still early..

Message 4 of 233
Highlighted
Scholar

Re: Galaxy S4 - 4.3 Update

The first time I tried to update my battery was a bit low so I swapped out batteries with my spare which was fully charged and it installed flawlessly.. As a added precaution I even had the phone plugged in with the fully charged battery in place lol.. 

Have you guys cleared the cache and data  at Settings/More/Application Manager/ALL/Google Services Framework before trying to update??

Message 121 of 233
Scholar

Updating our 4 phones has been a huge pain. After days of messing around with them I have only gotten two of them updated and both were a pain.  The download will randomly just stop. No errors, no nothing. Sometimes if I catch it soon enough I can get it to start downloading where it left off. Otherwise it says to wait 24 hours and changing the date makes it restart the download from the beginning. I've tried so many times with this one phone it's set to Dec 29! Why does the download keep randomly failing? Sometimes when I check for an update it will say "retrieving update information" or something similar and then it will say update was interrupted immediately. I still have two phones to update and this is getting incredibly frustrating! Smiley Mad

Message 122 of 233
Mentor

I said it beforw and will mention it again....from the conversation I had with a rep. I ge the feeling that att doesnt realize it is still screwed up....when I get a chance I will call again but my dealings in the past I have always shown me that last many people call they don't have a tendency of believing it's not an isolated case

Message 123 of 233
Teacher

After 4.3 completely jacked up my phone, ATT sent a warranty replacement. Am back on 4.2.2 and very happy. No problems whatsoever.

Seriously - for all the hassle of getting a bug riddled update that offers nothing, why try? If you got a Samsung watch, go ahead, but I see no benefit to 4.3 at all for anyone else.
Message 124 of 233
Community Support

Anyone having problems with the update can send us a private message here and we'll be happy to help! Smiley Happy Please include your full name, account number, and contact information. 

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 125 of 233
Mentor

Thanks message sent
Message 126 of 233

I feel like I'm the only one with no issues. My s4 works great! I've updated twice and never an issue.
Message 127 of 233
Scholar

Of the phones I've updated I haven't had any problems either. The problem is just getting the update.
Message 128 of 233
Mentor

This is the first time I've had problems updating a device and all that's holding me back is the download keeps stopping.
Message 129 of 233
Mentor

just got off the phone with a call center supervisor and she said their will be an update next monday

12/09 to fix the issues 

I called about the same thing you are all having trouble with

Message 130 of 233
Mentor

message sent Julie

Message 131 of 233
Mentor

One again another failed attempt to download the update
Message 132 of 233
Mentor

This having to wait another 24hrs every time is getting super old as well and tired of changing dates to try again.
Message 133 of 233
Contributor

How can I manually get the update? 

Message 134 of 233
Scholar

Have not had any trouble with the OTA 4.3 Update on my S3.  Strange isn't it???

Message 135 of 233
Share this topic
Announcements

Find out how to track your iPhone's delivery!

Have questions about International Plans? Get the answers on Wed. 10/25 at Hello World: International Plans, from 1-4pm ET / 10am-1pm PT!

Let us help you upgrade and activate your device!

Additional Support