Galaxy S4 - 4.3 Update

Tutor

Galaxy S4 - 4.3 Update

[ Edited ]

Best buy says November 13th, Has anyone gotten the update yet? I know it's still early..

Message 4 of 233 (41,198 Views)
Tutor

Galaxy S4 - Android 4.3 update

First of all, People who didnt get Android 4.3 update for S4 - don't worry too much. One - there is no change for a regular user which would make you feel "wow". Second - it drains battery. There are few other issues I am facing but those could be very well app related.

Community moderators - is it possible to get an update(officially or unofficially) why the 4.3 update was pulled back?

Message 76 of 233 (6,940 Views)
Community Manager

Re: Galaxy S4 4.3 update today?

The software update for Samsung Galaxy S4 is temporarily on hold while AT&T and Samsung look into potential improvements.

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 77 of 233 (6,950 Views)
Teacher

I got the update, the only problem I have seen so far is Knox notification: " Security information:  An application attempted to access system on your device without authorization.  This attempt has been blocked."  I have no idea how to find out what application it's talking about and it pops up constantly.  I'll be darned if I'm going to start disabling apps until I find out what it is.  Anyone have any idea how I can find a log or something?

Thanks!

Message 78 of 233 (6,876 Views)
Mentor

Hi,

Go to App Manager and turn off Lookout,

Ken

Message 79 of 233 (6,862 Views)

Re: Galaxy s4 update

[ Edited ]
Message 80 of 233 (6,534 Views)

Message 81 of 233 (6,782 Views)
Highlighted
Guru

Re: Finally here 4.3 Arrives on 11/14.

Tailgunner747 wrote:

http://www.androidauthority.com/galaxy-s4-att-update-317818/

Isn't it odd how it's the AT&T version that's experiencing the issues? Must be that Yellow Pages app that's not playing nicely with 4.3! Smiley Very Happy

Message 82 of 233 (6,759 Views)
Teacher

kenfb1 wrote:

Hi,

Go to App Manager and turn off Lookout,

Ken

Ken,

I was running Lookout before the update with no problems.  When I long press on the notification, it takes me to the app info and it says "Knox Notification Manager".  Are Knox and Lookout connected?

Thanks

Message 83 of 233 (6,644 Views)
Mentor

Hi,

Yeah, not sure how, but the two apps are definitely connected.

You can turn off Lookout, but you can't shut off or disable 3 Knox

apps that are always running.

Ken

Message 84 of 233 (6,607 Views)

Nexus phones are like I phone and do not have slot for memory card. Just so you know.
Message 85 of 233 (6,496 Views)
Teacher

kenfb1 wrote:

Hi,

Yeah, not sure how, but the two apps are definitely connected.

You can turn off Lookout, but you can't shut off or disable 3 Knox

apps that are always running.

Ken

Well,  I cleared the caches on all 3 of the knox apps and so far no more notifications.  I didn't touch Lookout.  I guess I'll see...

Message 86 of 233 (6,481 Views)
Contributor

Re: 4.3 Update for Galaxy S4 - Will it be missing the Mobile Data toggle in Notifications Panel?

Yes it will. I was one of the unfortunate souls who accepted the update to 4.3 before AT&T yanked it. Factory reset no help. Lots of issues. All sporadic, but irritating. The Data toggle has gone from the notification panel. I downloaded Notification Toggle (free) from the Play store, and it works like a charm. Puts a data toggle right in the notification shade. Also a host of other toggles, but the only other one I use is Recent Apps, which saves wear and tear on the Home button.

Message 87 of 233 (6,336 Views)
Tutor

Galaxy S4 Android 4.3 battery life and other issues

[ Edited ]

Has anybody besides myself noticed reduced battery life on the S4 with

Android 4.3? Also I don't know if anyone else has had this problem but it seems to me like tap to speak voice recognition miss recognizes more words or misses more words all together with 4.3 then it did with 4.2.2

Message 88 of 233 (6,263 Views)
Teacher

Galaxy S4 4.3 update(patched) now being pushed

[ Edited ]

I was one of the new people with the Galaxy S4 that downloaded the 4.3 update before it was pulled. I received a notice for a new OTA update (38mb) to patch the issues. I also saw that other people owning the S4 were receiving the updated OTA 4.3 update. 

Go to: Settings->More->About Device-> Software Update 

Current Baseband version is now: JSS15J.I337UCUEMK2

http://www.att.com/esupport/softwareUpdateArticle.jsp?sid=KB419415&cv=820#fbid=If3WfpO3fPl 

Message 89 of 233 (5,846 Views)
Teacher

Re: Galaxy S4 4.3 update(patched) now being pushed

You sure it wasn't 28.07MB? Mine was. Still no Knox and the light trail on the lock screen and mobile network toggle are still MIA, but at least I get wifi now, and apps on the SD card now have icons again. Time will tell if this helps the awful battery life and dropped calls from the last 4.3 update.
Just have to add, ATT really need to speak to their employees more. Called them this morning listing all my problems and a warranty replacement is on it's way as I type this. Nice gesture, but had those in the know communicated this update to them or us customers, I wouldn't have called and a pointless replacement wouldn't be sat on a DHL truck right now.
Message 90 of 233 (5,757 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.