For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
xamadeix's profile

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

Wednesday, November 13th, 2013 3:46 PM

Galaxy S4 - 4.3 Update

Best buy says November 13th, Has anyone gotten the update yet? I know it's still early..

Mentor

• 

41 Messages

10 years ago

FYI,

It's called Lookout, not Knox in application manager.

Ken

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

I have a GalaxyS4 and checked for an update on 11/14/2013

A 700+ MB download was available, verified by checking this ATT link (bookmark this):

http://www.att.com/esupport/softwareUpdates.jsp#fbid=1AcC0y6BpJI

It stated Android 4.3 was available, so I naturally got a little excited!  I turned on my wireless, started the download, but my wireless (or phone?) kept dropping the signal.  After this happened a few times, I checked for the update again, and it stated "update interrupted", when I checked again, it said "wait 24 hours" blah blah.

Now when I check, it says it's up to date, so apparrently it was pulled for GalaxyS4 users as well.

I am seriously considering going with a Google Nexus phone for my next upgrade, so that I get those delicious updates as soon as Google releases them, instead of waiting 6 months+ for AT&T (or whatever provider) to approve them.

Additionally, you can go to your local Best Buy if they have a Samsung Galaxy 'section' part of the floor, and they can update your phone  on the spot if they have an update.  WARNING though... you might not be able to update via Kies after that... after they 'updated' my phone the last time, Samsung Kies says "Your firmware does not support updating via Samsung Kies".  So I can either wait for the Over The Air update, or go to a Best Buy.

Currently Best Buy also only has 4.2.2, same as the OTA update when I check.

Anyway, just wanted to share.  Fingers crossed for faster updates (or a new Nexus phone with a Micro SD card).

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

@adarnold542 wrote:

So after waiting for 3.5 hours to use my phone... the software update promptly got to about 60-65% and suddenly has disappeared from my phone.  Going onto my software update area says "Phone up to date!  Check again in 20 hours and blah blah minutes")  despite still being on 4.2.2.

What happened?

Yes I have experienced the same difficulties over the past 2 days. It keeps telling me I am up to date and teh the version is 4.2.2 Okay wait 24 hours to try it again.

I can only assume it was pulled. If the update is disrupting texting and other functions, I rather not have it now. My work depends upon certain functions

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

I can get the update to download, but the installation has failed 6 times now.  The 357MB download completes over wifi.  Then the reboot begins.  The phone reboots and starts the installation.  At 25% the progress bar displays the word "Updating" under an ATT logo.  The update then fails and reboots starting the update failed.

I contacted ATT support late last night and was told there is an issue with the 4.3 update.  I then asked for a credit for the inconvenience.  I was told that I could be given a credit, but that their systems were updating and that I would get a call back today late morning to talk about the update and a credit.  It is now 2:30 and no call has been received.

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

10 years ago

First of all, People who didnt get Android 4.3 update for S4 - don't worry too much. One - there is no change for a regular user which would make you feel "wow". Second - it drains battery. There are few other issues I am facing but those could be very well app related.

Community moderators - is it possible to get an update(officially or unofficially) why the 4.3 update was pulled back?

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

10 years ago

The software update for Samsung Galaxy S4 is temporarily on hold while AT&T and Samsung look into potential improvements.

Teacher

• 

16 Messages

10 years ago

I got the update, the only problem I have seen so far is Knox notification: " Security information:  An application attempted to access system on your device without authorization.  This attempt has been blocked."  I have no idea how to find out what application it's talking about and it pops up constantly.  I'll be darned if I'm going to start disabling apps until I find out what it is.  Anyone have any idea how I can find a log or something?

Thanks!

Mentor

• 

41 Messages

10 years ago

Hi,

Go to App Manager and turn off Lookout,

Ken

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.