The Samsung Galaxy S24
xamadeix's profile

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

Wednesday, November 13th, 2013 3:46 PM

Galaxy S4 - 4.3 Update

Best buy says November 13th, Has anyone gotten the update yet? I know it's still early..

Voyager

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

Did the update today on S4 with Att. Now text messaging no longer works at all. With a job that depends on text this is stupid!!! Need help

Professor

• 

3K Messages

10 years ago

It would be useful to mention what device you are talking about.

Teacher

• 

9 Messages

10 years ago

The install went much smoother than the last one did on my S4.

Teacher

• 

34 Messages

10 years ago

Sorry.  I thought I was in the S4 forum.  It took me 12 times to get 4.3 installed.  Not sure if I appreciate the Antivirus install and changes to AutoCorrect.

Summest

Teacher

• 

34 Messages

10 years ago

Gee, it only took 12 attempts but I got 4.3 downloaded and installed on my Galaxy S4.

I found that my AutoCorrect has been enabled and I can't turn it off when it changes my contact's last names.  Seems I can only turn off predictive text entirely.  Am I missing something?

Also, I am not sure if I appreciate the install of antivirus on my phone.  This morning it alerted me that it blocked an application.  It would tell me which one.  If I uninstall AV will I break something?  Otherwise it seems like everything is working fine.  I cannot see any changes other than the problems mentioned above and now it says 4.3.

Thanks for any guidance, tips, condolences,

Summest

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

10 years ago

My phone downloads the update but when it gets to the att screen with 25% done it says interrupted why is this? Not only that but it took near 5 hours of me sleeping to finish downloading.... On wifi come on now

Teacher

• 

34 Messages

10 years ago

The download process is very painful. 

I encountered the same issue last night. I finally downloaded it after 12 attempts.  That is how I spent my evening last night.  I also installed Flipboard on Win8.1 PC between interruptions. 

I also have very strong wifi as I sit near the wifi router.

Former Employee

• 

59 Messages

10 years ago

xustta: You do realize that this article is related to the GS3 update which AT&T has not yet announced?

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

10 years ago

NJR: Can you comment about Knox?

Teacher

• 

24 Messages

10 years ago

chetas: Assume it's been lost due to that Lookout thing, which is in the turned off apps since it conflicted with Chrome for me. AVG does better.

NJR: That article was for the S3, but still relevant to S4 owners since there are problems with this.

BTW, that unified daemon error I managed to go away by clearing the cache on that application. Has happened to other users on other forums. Battery life still sucks and the Samsung keyboard forgets all your saved words too...
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.