For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
thawk7's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Thursday, May 16th, 2013 6:52 PM

Galaxy S4 32GB in White Frost? If not, should I settle for the 16GB S4?

Currently AT&T only carries the S4 32GB in Black Mist. They released this one on May 10. I went to an AT&T store yesterday (May 15) and asked an employee to check on the White Frost color for the 32GB. He said he checked all the upcoming releases, and it wasn't listed. He also said that when he checked the upcoming releases for the 32GB Black Mist color before it was released on May 10, it did show up in the list.

What I want to know is if any one has heard any news about the 32GB White Frost being offered anytime soon. Do you think I am silly to wait for it?

Also, can anyone put my mind at ease on why the 16GB one actually has a decent amount of internal memory? I know that the footprint of the phone software takes up about half of the 16GB space, so really I am only left with ~8GB of usable internal memory. I know I can get an extenal memory card to put pictures, videos, and music on. However, I am concerned that the apps and games I will only be able to download to the internal memory (thanks to Google Play Store) will fill up the 8GB I am left with.

Does anyone have any experience with this from personal use of their new 16GB S4? Thank you!

Professor

• 

2.7K Messages

11 years ago

Whether or not 8GB is a decent amount of internal memory will vary depending on the user and what he/she likes to put on the phone.  I don't use large apps (I do use a bunch of low-memory apps), take a lot of pictures or store videos/movies on my phones.  While I would have liked more available memory, 8GB is probably plenty for me.  However, I realize that I'm in the minority of users on this.

As far as color, I really couldn't care less what color a phone is so if I were in your shoes, I would have gotten the black 32GB S4.  But this is just my opinion.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

11 years ago

ACE - Czar, thank you for your reply. I appreciate your insight about the 8GB of space being enough for you. I imagine it would be hard to fill it up, but the flexibility of having the extra GB offered by the 32GB model is so appealing, especially since I plan on using this phone for the full two years.

Obviously, since I have taken the time to ask about the White Frost color, color does matter to me, but so does the amount of space and it's usability. I have had black phones in the past and they just remind me too much of work. 😕

I just hope someone might know if the 32GB White Frost will be released or not!

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

11 years ago

Sorry, your name is 21stNow, I think? Sorry, I get it now. Haha...

Professor

• 

2.7K Messages

11 years ago

No problem, I see the username and rank switched up all the time!

Hopefully, someone who knows more about the availability can help you out with a date soon.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.