Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jun 1, 2013
11:24:10 PM
View profile
Galaxy S3 suddent battery drain

I noticed about four days ago a sudden and dramatic drop in battery performance.  I was previously able to wake up at 6am and go to bed at midnight and barely get into a 'yellow' situation.  I am not a heavy phone user.  Currently, my phone needs to be recharged at 2pm.  Last night I fully charged my phone and turned it on.  I went to sleep at 1am and when I woke up at 9am, it was dead.  Obviously I am not using while I am sleeping.

I've researched on the boards and have tried several tricks and tips.  I have rebooted, several times.  I have also looked for hung downloaded items.  I am just hopeful that someone out there has another thing I can look for and try. 

The battery in settings currently shows:

Screen - 74%

Android System - 8%

Android OS - 7%

sdcard - 3%

Cell standby - 3%

Device idle - 3%

Exchange Services - 2%

86% - discharging

1hr 22 m on battery

I noticed about four days ago a sudden and dramatic drop in battery performance.  I was previously able to wake up at 6am and go to bed at midnight and barely get into a 'yellow' situation.  I am not a heavy phone user.  Currently, my phone needs to be recharged at 2pm.  Last night I fully charged my phone and turned it on.  I went to sleep at 1am and when I woke up at 9am, it was dead.  Obviously I am not using while I am sleeping.

I've researched on the boards and have tried several tricks and tips.  I have rebooted, several times.  I have also looked for hung downloaded items.  I am just hopeful that someone out there has another thing I can look for and try. 

The battery in settings currently shows:

Screen - 74%

Android System - 8%

Android OS - 7%

sdcard - 3%

Cell standby - 3%

Device idle - 3%

Exchange Services - 2%

86% - discharging

1hr 22 m on battery

Galaxy S3 suddent battery drain

6 replies
(3) Me too
(3) Me too
View all replies
(6)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 6, 2013 10:48:27 AM
(0)
Former Moderator

JTNoble37,

Welcome to the forums. I have a link below from our community forums with an in depth discussion on preserving the life of a Galaxy S III battery, not sure if you came across it. It also includes a few fixes that might just help you out.

Samsung Galaxy S3 Battery Drain

James

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

JTNoble37,

Welcome to the forums. I have a link below from our community forums with an in depth discussion on preserving the life of a Galaxy S III battery, not sure if you came across it. It also includes a few fixes that might just help you out.

Samsung Galaxy S3 Battery Drain

James

Re: Galaxy S3 suddent battery drain

2 of 7 (9,022 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 6, 2013 5:04:20 PM
(0)
Mentor

I tried clicking on that link and just get an error message that I don't have sufficient privileges.

I tried clicking on that link and just get an error message that I don't have sufficient privileges.

3 of 7 (8,979 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 7, 2013 7:26:56 AM
(0)
Former Moderator
Edited by ATT_James on Jun 7, 2013 at 7:27:52 AM

MarkEHansen,

Are you signed in when trying to access that link, if you still cant access that link search in the forums for " Samsung Galaxy S3  battery drain."

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

MarkEHansen,

Are you signed in when trying to access that link, if you still cant access that link search in the forums for " Samsung Galaxy S3  battery drain."

[ Edited ]
4 of 7 (8,943 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 7, 2013 5:26:42 PM
(0)
Mentor

Yes, I'm signed in. I'm reporting the issue to you because there's something wrong with the link. I'm posting this from the same session so I know I'm signed-in, unless you mean something else by that.

Yes, I'm signed in. I'm reporting the issue to you because there's something wrong with the link. I'm posting this from the same session so I know I'm signed-in, unless you mean something else by that.

5 of 7 (8,903 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 25, 2013 10:24:23 PM
(0)
Tutor
I have the same problem.
I have the same problem.

6 of 7 (5,739 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 26, 2013 10:18:12 AM
(0)
Teacher

Try turning the phone off, and take the battery out for a minute. Then place the battery back in and let the phone re-charge while the phone is off overnight and see what your results are. This is assuming you didnt install any new apps or get the 4.3 update recently.

Try turning the phone off, and take the battery out for a minute. Then place the battery back in and let the phone re-charge while the phone is off overnight and see what your results are. This is assuming you didnt install any new apps or get the 4.3 update recently.

7 of 7 (5,684 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments