Helpful Links

Galaxy S3 suddent battery drain

Contributor

Galaxy S3 suddent battery drain

I noticed about four days ago a sudden and dramatic drop in battery performance.  I was previously able to wake up at 6am and go to bed at midnight and barely get into a 'yellow' situation.  I am not a heavy phone user.  Currently, my phone needs to be recharged at 2pm.  Last night I fully charged my phone and turned it on.  I went to sleep at 1am and when I woke up at 9am, it was dead.  Obviously I am not using while I am sleeping.

I've researched on the boards and have tried several tricks and tips.  I have rebooted, several times.  I have also looked for hung downloaded items.  I am just hopeful that someone out there has another thing I can look for and try. 

The battery in settings currently shows:

Screen - 74%

Android System - 8%

Android OS - 7%

sdcard - 3%

Cell standby - 3%

Device idle - 3%

Exchange Services - 2%

86% - discharging

1hr 22 m on battery

Message 1 of 7
Former Moderator

Re: Galaxy S3 suddent battery drain

JTNoble37,

Welcome to the forums. I have a link below from our community forums with an in depth discussion on preserving the life of a Galaxy S III battery, not sure if you came across it. It also includes a few fixes that might just help you out.

Samsung Galaxy S3 Battery Drain

James

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 7
Mentor

I tried clicking on that link and just get an error message that I don't have sufficient privileges.

Message 3 of 7
Former Moderator

MarkEHansen,

Are you signed in when trying to access that link, if you still cant access that link search in the forums for " Samsung Galaxy S3  battery drain."

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
Message 4 of 7
Mentor

Yes, I'm signed in. I'm reporting the issue to you because there's something wrong with the link. I'm posting this from the same session so I know I'm signed-in, unless you mean something else by that.

Message 5 of 7

I have the same problem.
Message 6 of 7
Teacher

Try turning the phone off, and take the battery out for a minute. Then place the battery back in and let the phone re-charge while the phone is off overnight and see what your results are. This is assuming you didnt install any new apps or get the 4.3 update recently.

Message 7 of 7
Share this topic
Announcements

Is the iPhone X worth it? Find out why it totally is!

Find out how to track your iPhone's delivery!

Let us help you Give the Gift of AT&T Wireless this holiday season!

Additional Support