The Samsung Galaxy S24
JTNoble37's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Sunday, June 2nd, 2013 6:24 AM

Galaxy S3 suddent battery drain

I noticed about four days ago a sudden and dramatic drop in battery performance.  I was previously able to wake up at 6am and go to bed at midnight and barely get into a 'yellow' situation.  I am not a heavy phone user.  Currently, my phone needs to be recharged at 2pm.  Last night I fully charged my phone and turned it on.  I went to sleep at 1am and when I woke up at 9am, it was dead.  Obviously I am not using while I am sleeping.

I've researched on the boards and have tried several tricks and tips.  I have rebooted, several times.  I have also looked for hung downloaded items.  I am just hopeful that someone out there has another thing I can look for and try. 

The battery in settings currently shows:

Screen - 74%

Android System - 8%

Android OS - 7%

sdcard - 3%

Cell standby - 3%

Device idle - 3%

Exchange Services - 2%

86% - discharging

1hr 22 m on battery

Former Moderator

• 

773 Messages

11 years ago

JTNoble37,

Welcome to the forums. I have a link below from our community forums with an in depth discussion on preserving the life of a Galaxy S III battery, not sure if you came across it. It also includes a few fixes that might just help you out.

Samsung Galaxy S3 Battery Drain

James

Mentor

• 

58 Messages

11 years ago

I tried clicking on that link and just get an error message that I don't have sufficient privileges.

Former Moderator

• 

773 Messages

11 years ago

MarkEHansen,

Are you signed in when trying to access that link, if you still cant access that link search in the forums for " Samsung Galaxy S3  battery drain."

Mentor

• 

58 Messages

11 years ago

Yes, I'm signed in. I'm reporting the issue to you because there's something wrong with the link. I'm posting this from the same session so I know I'm signed-in, unless you mean something else by that.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

10 years ago

I have the same problem.

Teacher

• 

19 Messages

10 years ago

Try turning the phone off, and take the battery out for a minute. Then place the battery back in and let the phone re-charge while the phone is off overnight and see what your results are. This is assuming you didnt install any new apps or get the 4.3 update recently.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.