Galaxy S3 not letting me delete messages

Contributor

Galaxy S3 not letting me delete messages

My  galaxy S3 will not let me delete old messaging threads. I'll delete the message yet they still appear in my inbox but only with the senders name no conversation. HELP!!!!

Message 1 of 5 (16,045 Views)
Former Moderator
Solution
Accepted by ATT_James (Former Moderator)
‎09-30-2015 1:39 AM

Re: Galaxy S3 not letting me delete messages

vcast1,

Hello and welcome to the forum. On my Galaxy S III I simply go under messaging, hold down the message I want to delete, then choose delete thread and everything is gone. Is this the same procedure you are using? What happens if you hold down the senders name, do you get another choice? Have you restarted your phone by chance, that can sometimes clear issues. I am running Jellybean 4.1.1

James

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 5 (15,980 Views)
Scholar

The messages are deleted-however the list of message threads is still there--just empty threads. I currently have 48 threads, only about a dozen are active, undeleted. The rest, even just one time messages, are still in the list, although emply. I've scoured the net and found many with the same problem, all being told how to delete the messages (easy) and that should take care of it, but it doesn't. I highlight, press delete thread, but it doesn't go anywhere. Help????

Message 3 of 5 (12,937 Views)
Scholar

Am currently updating the software--hopefully that will solve this (only had the phone for a couple months, should have known software was not up to date.)

Message 4 of 5 (12,931 Views)
Scholar

Updated software-all is resolved!
Message 5 of 5 (12,909 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.