For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
omrebel's profile

Scholar

• 

206 Messages

Monday, December 2nd, 2013 8:10 PM

Galaxy S3 4.3 - battery drain

Is anyone else experiencing a severe decrease in battery life after getting the 4.3 update? My battery now only lasts about 60% as long as it used to. Also, I am seeing some other annoying things happening. There seems to be initial delays when waking the device up from sleep. I think that is due to how memory is being handle, and a possible bug there. If I have Chome open, turn off the display, then turn it back on, Chrome's page is completely black unless I scroll on it. This seems to be an issue with how memory is being utilized. But, I can live with that. I cannot, however, deal with this horrible battery life of this phone now.

Scholar

• 

104 Messages

10 years ago

I believe so. There are some having other problems as well with this firmware.

Scholar

• 

70 Messages

10 years ago

Let us hold our breath on the fix...rumor is 4.4 end of January. T-Mobile Nexus soon.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

I too have this problem with the battery not charging.  I also have problems with my apps now, my phone runs slow as a turtle, my screen goes blank and I have to take the battery out of it, and sometimes it just freezes.  My phone is a piece of junk!!!!  Wish I could uninstall the 4.3 and go back to the previous version!!!

Scholar

• 

104 Messages

10 years ago

OK, I'm tired of this buggy 4.3 update. Used my Christmas and birthday money to get a Moto G from Motorola to hold me over. I will hopefully have it soon. Whenever a fix for the battery drain issues or the update to 4.4 comes out, I will switch back to the S3. The whole thing just left a bad taste in my mouth. 

Teacher

• 

9 Messages

10 years ago

It is rumored that 4.4 is coming out by the end of March so, to me, it doesn't make sense for At&t to push a fix so close to the new update.

Scholar

• 

104 Messages

10 years ago

I remember reading that in various sources I have so it will probably happen. Got my Moto G and it has been wonderful so I may not switch back to my S3 right away. The battery on the Moto G is smaller but lasts at least twice as long as the S3 after 4.3 messed it up. I loved my S3 before the update,  but now I'm saying "Hello Moto" .

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

I am having the same problem. It is awful. I got pushed the update. Told it to postpone, and then it started downloading anyway. Now the battery drains so fast. I have barely used the phone at all and it is below 50% at 2 PM. It used to be 8 or even 10 pm with heavy useage before this would happen prior to the update. I've checked online and this is not a carrier-specific issue, but it seems to be a pervasive problem. Someone needs to force Samsung to fix this ASAP. The phone is now almost useless since it drains so fast. I need to be tethered to a charger if I want to do anything. I'm ready to ditch it if they don't do something soon. 

Scholar

• 

104 Messages

10 years ago

I feel for anyone having these issues. It was a great device until the update. I definitely believe all the bloatware and the added features are pulling more juice. My nearly stock Moto G didn't have any issues with 4.3 and is running just fine on 4.4. Hopefully the 4.4 update will come and fix the draining problem. Samsung and AT&T need to make this right by us. Having said that, my friend updated his S3 on Sprint and is facing the same battery drain issue, only not as bad. Makes me think it is mostly Samsung gimmicky features that might be the biggest problem. I did notice a difference in my battery life when I disabled all their features, which I should not have to do.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

No updates yet. 

Scholar

• 

104 Messages

10 years ago

S3 is supposed to be updated to 4.4 KitKat in April. At least that's what my sources are telling me. We'll see.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.