Galaxy S2 shutting off in idle mode

Contributor

Galaxy S2 shutting off in idle mode

Recently, I noticed that my phone shuts off while in sleep mode. This just happens when I don't check it for a while and the display is turned off. When I do go to check my phone, it's unresponsive, even if I hold down the power button. So far, I've had to remove the batter every time this has happened in order to reboot it.

I just don't get what the issue is. I'm probably missing phone calls because I'm not even aware that my phone is turning off. I feel like after the ICS update my phone has had issues. I already performed a factory reset last week since I was having a problem with the notifications not ringing and vibrating, and now, this is happening on top of that. 

If anyone has any suggestions, that would be greatly appreciated.

I have a Samsung Galaxy S2 i777.

Oh, and another thing, I noticed that my batter is at 95-100% before it shuts off by itself, and once it boots up again it's down to 85-89%. I also feel like it might be an issue with overheating: I noticed that my phone feels hot after I've been using it for a while, like texting or using the internet, and then I set it down to do other stuff when I notice that it's turned off. My phone usually feels really hot too, and the case I have for my phone probably does not help either. 

Message 1 of 620 (56,714 Views)
Mentor

Re: Galaxy S2 shutting off in idle mode

While the ACLU might be just trying to make noise with this one, their arguing that safety is compromised because companies like AT&T are so slow at getting updates out is spot on:

http://www.dailytech.com/ACLU+Complaint+Claims+Slow+Android+Updates+are+Endangering+People/article30...

Message 616 of 620 (3,138 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]

SIM cards are not needed for Kies, Kies is can be so inconsistent that it will drive you mad but depositing malware is a complete LOAD.

Kies is not recognizing your firmware due to a fowl up on Samsung's end, anyone's guess on if that will be resolved.

Message 617 of 620 (3,113 Views)
Contributor

Same issue with my s2 it is really big problem.

I had to take the flight in morning and put alarm for 4.30 am . The phone turned off in night i checked full battery was dere at 10.30 pm and i missed the flight.i took a lesson that better use an alarm clock and dint be dependent on phonefor alarm.
Message 618 of 620 (2,896 Views)
Mentor

Battery LIfe Update

Thought I'd post an update on my battery life post-fix.  I have easily been able to get 3 days on a charge now.

BUT... here's why... I don't charge the phone, I swap batteries and put the used one in a wall-charger.

I did some experiments and charging the phone gave me approx. ONE day of use.  Use my spare battery swap routine and I have gotten as much as FIVE days.  Granted, they were really light use days... but still.

So, charging the phone is an occasional necessity.  But, when ever I can and most of the time, I do the swap and it is GREAT!

Message 619 of 620 (2,386 Views)
Scholar

I had that problem and used a customer laucher for the nest boot

Message 620 of 620 (369 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.