The Samsung Galaxy S24
SpartyOnK's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Friday, July 6th, 2012 7:21 PM

Galaxy S2 shutting off in idle mode

Recently, I noticed that my phone shuts off while in sleep mode. This just happens when I don't check it for a while and the display is turned off. When I do go to check my phone, it's unresponsive, even if I hold down the power button. So far, I've had to remove the batter every time this has happened in order to reboot it.

I just don't get what the issue is. I'm probably missing phone calls because I'm not even aware that my phone is turning off. I feel like after the ICS update my phone has had issues. I already performed a factory reset last week since I was having a problem with the notifications not ringing and vibrating, and now, this is happening on top of that. 

If anyone has any suggestions, that would be greatly appreciated.

I have a Samsung Galaxy S2 i777.

Oh, and another thing, I noticed that my batter is at 95-100% before it shuts off by itself, and once it boots up again it's down to 85-89%. I also feel like it might be an issue with overheating: I noticed that my phone feels hot after I've been using it for a while, like texting or using the internet, and then I set it down to do other stuff when I notice that it's turned off. My phone usually feels really hot too, and the case I have for my phone probably does not help either. 

Mentor

• 

43 Messages

11 years ago

Samblackjack, that's an idea worth looking into. Thanks.

Explorer

• 

20 Messages

11 years ago

Linda Jo, I went by my ATT store just minutes ago. They told me they dont have any sims to use. And if I bought one it would cost me about 30 $ 15 $ for new sim for gs2 they would have to activate it..and unactivate the gs3....THEN 15 $ for a new sim for gs3 to reactivate it........I will call customer service and see what they say!

Mentor

• 

43 Messages

11 years ago

@Tidegurl wrote:
Linda Jo, I went by my ATT store just minutes ago. They told me they dont have any sims to use. And if I bought one it would cost me about 30 $ 15 $ for new sim for gs2 they would have to activate it..and unactivate the gs3....THEN 15 $ for a new sim for gs3 to reactivate it........I will call customer service and see what they say!

Thanks Wanda......I like that you're doing the leg work for me 🙂 See if they'll tell you how we can do it without a SIM card. Let me know what you find out.

Voyager

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

Hi Everyone,

I hope I'm the only one, but a few days after the update I am still getting sleep of death!  Happened twice in a row yesterday.  But now there's another NEW bug!  Randomly, while on a live call, the phone perform a soft reset.

I've waited months for this update and it's not working for me.  Am I the only one?

AT&T offered be a pathetic $15 credit to compensate, and gave me the option to recieve an "early upgrade" as long as I sign another two year contract.  Neither of those options seem sufficent enough to me.

Let me know if you are still haveing SOD after latest update.

Cheers,

Joe

Mentor

• 

40 Messages

11 years ago

Wow... sorry to see an SoD pop up again  😞

I have 70 hours without an SoD and my battery use has gone from fair to excellent.  The battery chart now looks like a nice gentle hill as opposed to Mt. Everest before.

Still having weirdness with the text message icon... says there's a new message for hours after it should.

Other than that, no negatives to report at this time... well, other than ATT support and complete failure to properly address this issue 9 months ago  😞

Just FYI on my setup... I left all the apps I had disabled as before (especially ATT junk).  I put in a fresh battery and did a cold restart after the update settled in.  Frankly, I don't think I've every gotten to 70 hours on a charge before and my battery is currently at 55%.  Granted, it was a holiday weekend and I only had a dozen or so calls and texts plus very mild internet usage. Still... I'm impressed so far.

Too early to call it "fixed" though... especially with ATT involved  😞

Voyager

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

Soooo over this - just had SOD twice in the last 20 minutes.  Come October it's onto Verizon for me.  Can't believe I'm forced to wait six months, unbeliveable!

Voyager

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

on phone with AT&T now, trying to get out of my contract... we'll see what happens... feel like I'm in bed with the mafia!

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

11 years ago

No SODs but I do have a new problem. My phone and Google play settings are set to only update apps when connected to wifi. When jogging this morning all the att apps updated over data. I double checked my phone and Google play store settings and they both were set to update over wifi only.

So now I have used 25% of my monthly data on the 1st day of the month. Yes I have disabled the crappy att apps but I should not have to I should be able to delete them.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

11 years ago

Mentor

• 

34 Messages

11 years ago

FYI, I am going to start a new thread for comments and issues regarding the new update.

http://forums.att.com/t5/Android-Discussion-and-Support/Galaxy-SII-4-0-4-Version-2-Comments-questions-problems-etc/td-p/3463333

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.