The Samsung Galaxy S24
SpartyOnK's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Friday, July 6th, 2012 7:21 PM

Galaxy S2 shutting off in idle mode

Recently, I noticed that my phone shuts off while in sleep mode. This just happens when I don't check it for a while and the display is turned off. When I do go to check my phone, it's unresponsive, even if I hold down the power button. So far, I've had to remove the batter every time this has happened in order to reboot it.

I just don't get what the issue is. I'm probably missing phone calls because I'm not even aware that my phone is turning off. I feel like after the ICS update my phone has had issues. I already performed a factory reset last week since I was having a problem with the notifications not ringing and vibrating, and now, this is happening on top of that. 

If anyone has any suggestions, that would be greatly appreciated.

I have a Samsung Galaxy S2 i777.

Oh, and another thing, I noticed that my batter is at 95-100% before it shuts off by itself, and once it boots up again it's down to 85-89%. I also feel like it might be an issue with overheating: I noticed that my phone feels hot after I've been using it for a while, like texting or using the internet, and then I set it down to do other stuff when I notice that it's turned off. My phone usually feels really hot too, and the case I have for my phone probably does not help either. 

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

11 years ago

@Tidegurl,

If I was you I would install Kies on my computer and IF the update comes tomorrow or in the next couple days I would connect my phone to the computer. Kies should recognize it and if the update is available will install it. Kies is Samsung"s program so is there ATT SIM card or not , shouldnt matter. Just follow the propmts, that's all.

At least you can use it as a small tablet with WiFi connection , or as substitute of GS3 .

Explorer

• 

20 Messages

11 years ago

Thanks @tzenko, thats what I was wondering if keis would sti. Work with it...if I get it straightened out I'm planning on keeping it for a backup phone, for awhile...it seems necessary now that ATT is not so reliable anymore.

Voyager

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

I have followed this thread and followed some suggestions about disabling some of the ATT apps & disable double clock app but I have had best luck by turning on "Do not keep activities" under Developer options.  Maybe they will push an OTA this weekend like the post earlier stated, that would be nice.  But so far I have run 2 days with no no issues normally I wold get a couple of SOD's per day.

Explorer

• 

16 Messages

11 years ago

Oh please let that not be a troll and the update to actually come tomorrow and fix this problem

*not holding my breath*

Mentor

• 

40 Messages

11 years ago

Shock of Shocks!!!

My phone just started installing an update today Friday 3/29 at 8:30.  Took less than 15 min.

My phone now shows:

Android:  4.0.4  darn

Baseband ver: i777UCLL6

Kernal: 3.0.15-CL1174199

Build: IMM76D.CLL6

Looks like it installed a Kies update and a Quickoffice update as well.

Sigh... no Jelly Bean here.  But, hope springs eternal for the SoD issue.  Sadly, after what I've been through with ATT, I'll believe a fix when I see it... well, in this case, don't see it.

Voyager

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

Ditto on the OTA update.

Time will tell.

Voyager

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

Update is out, we will see how it works. Already had qik and vlingo fails on boot up.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

Haven't posted here before, but I've been dealing with the SOD since installing an update back in December.  Tried any number of solutions to no avail.  I did a master reset of the phone about 3 weeks ago and that seemed to help for a while, but I had about 3 shutdowns yesterday; it appeared to be getting worse.

• My phone is installing the 3/29  OTA update right this instant, so we'll see how it goes.
  • The update installed very quickly - less than 3 minutes
  • Everything appears to be just as it was before the update; all apps that I've tried are working fine

I'll post again later and give you any news.

Mentor

• 

54 Messages

11 years ago

Just got the same update.  In addition to the info you've listed (below), it also listed this under the

Kernel version: SMP PREEMPT Tue Mar 5 20:41:16 KST 2013

I wonder if the "PREEMPT" is some update to "preemptively" apply the fix to the SoD problem before the official Jelly Bean update that's already in the works.  Or it's preparing the phone to receive the Jellybean update.

Android version:  4.0.4

Baseband version: I777UCLL6

Kernel version: 3.0.15-CL1174199

Build: IMM76D.CLL6

Mentor

• 

54 Messages

11 years ago

One curious thing is that the OTA update did NOT re-enable all the AT&T apps that I had previously disabled in order to try to prevent the SoD problem.

Before this OTA update, I was getting SoD about once every couple of days, which is manageable.  So we'll see if this update fixes the issue.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.