The Samsung Galaxy S24
SpartyOnK's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Friday, July 6th, 2012 7:21 PM

Galaxy S2 shutting off in idle mode

Recently, I noticed that my phone shuts off while in sleep mode. This just happens when I don't check it for a while and the display is turned off. When I do go to check my phone, it's unresponsive, even if I hold down the power button. So far, I've had to remove the batter every time this has happened in order to reboot it.

I just don't get what the issue is. I'm probably missing phone calls because I'm not even aware that my phone is turning off. I feel like after the ICS update my phone has had issues. I already performed a factory reset last week since I was having a problem with the notifications not ringing and vibrating, and now, this is happening on top of that. 

If anyone has any suggestions, that would be greatly appreciated.

I have a Samsung Galaxy S2 i777.

Oh, and another thing, I noticed that my batter is at 95-100% before it shuts off by itself, and once it boots up again it's down to 85-89%. I also feel like it might be an issue with overheating: I noticed that my phone feels hot after I've been using it for a while, like texting or using the internet, and then I set it down to do other stuff when I notice that it's turned off. My phone usually feels really hot too, and the case I have for my phone probably does not help either. 

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

11 years ago

I spoke with someone the other day about my issues who was actually really helpful. He wasn't aware of the problem and at first it was the typical must be a problem with the device, I'll transfer you to the warranty department, but I continued to explain the issue and he looked it up and saw that it is a firmware issue and apologized for the inconvenience and said they are working on a fix. Those do usually take a long time, which explains why we have been waiting for months, so who knows when it will come but hopefully soon. He didn't offer a refund but he asked if there was any other way he could help me and I said I would like a refund because I haven't been getting the service I've been paying for and he gave me a $200 credit. So it can be difficult to find someone who will actually understand and look up this problem but persisting until you find the right person to talk to is beneficial, the more people inform them of this issue and request refunds the more pressure they will have to fix it.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

11 years ago

After trying many cures the one that fixed the issue (I hope it  did) was: going to settings->Applications->All. I found 2 clocks and 2 calendars. I disabled the clock and calendar that were showing as 0.0 KB size. Since then (5 days) not a single issue. And the battery seems to me working better. 

Explorer

• 

19 Messages

11 years ago

@tzenko

I don't mean to disappoint you but it will be a short matter of time before you see the SOD again. Those things you have tried have all been tried before. Rooting or getting another phone is the only fix (or software fix but that won't happen anytime soon).

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

11 years ago

Im about to notify Att because of a serious issue relating to this phone, I now some people have said they rely on their phones for work etc.., but I have a mentally and physically disabled son, yesterday because of an SOD I missed a call from his school. Luckily it wasnt a serious incident, but it could have been much worse, I hate to think what could have happened. I am tired of this mess with these phones and I want it fixed now, this is ridiculous they have known about this issue for months and dont seem to be inclined to do anything about it. I cant afford a new phone and dont want to start another contract. I hope nobody else out there has to worry everyday about missing that phone call because of this problem.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

11 years ago

I am seriously thinking about just installing my SIM card in my old Motorola RZR flip phone, at least with that I knew I had a phone that works properly

Mentor

• 

45 Messages

11 years ago

Hey look Jelly Bean is available  for the S 2 in Europe.   

Mentor

• 

40 Messages

11 years ago

Jelly Bean on the S2 in Europe?  Sorry to burst your bubble... not big news.

Everywhere but the U.S. has better phones and service... oh, and at a generally lower price.

S2 has had JB in Europe and even Canada (North U.S.) for almost a year.

Outside the U.S. you can buy an S3-Mini.  Yep, probably the perfect phone... an S3 that is the size of the S2.

This is NOT an Android issue.  ATT sold... underline SOLD as in does NOT sell... an S2 that was customized for them.  The SGH-i777.  There in lies the problem.  T-Moblie is selling all the S2 they can get but theirs is the SGH-i900.  Although a few of the early models had this problem, they fixed it and now even sell it in THREE colors.  ATT, they just dropped it... fixing it was too much work.

As I said earlier... we are trapped in a "Pinto Soluton"... Sigh...

Mentor

• 

45 Messages

11 years ago

I'm with you.  You just can't see the sarcasm that was dripping from my comment.  Just an editorial comment reference the fact that as you indicated the rest of the world seems to be humming along while the US just stays status quo, even when that is broken!

Explorer

• 

14 Messages

11 years ago

>>Upon reading the last post I immediately went into "Software Upgrade" option and did a "Check for Upgrades".

>>Guess what?

>>It said

>>"Your current version sucks. We will upgrade it real soon. Any day now."

Checked for software upgrade today.

Got a message,

"HaHa, no FIX FOR YOU"

4 SODs in last 2 days.

Mentor

• 

45 Messages

11 years ago

hey SOD discovered at 0026hrs.  phone was 100% at 1900hrs.  1% right now.  Thanks AT&T.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.