The Samsung Galaxy S24
SpartyOnK's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Friday, July 6th, 2012 7:21 PM

Galaxy S2 shutting off in idle mode

Recently, I noticed that my phone shuts off while in sleep mode. This just happens when I don't check it for a while and the display is turned off. When I do go to check my phone, it's unresponsive, even if I hold down the power button. So far, I've had to remove the batter every time this has happened in order to reboot it.

I just don't get what the issue is. I'm probably missing phone calls because I'm not even aware that my phone is turning off. I feel like after the ICS update my phone has had issues. I already performed a factory reset last week since I was having a problem with the notifications not ringing and vibrating, and now, this is happening on top of that. 

If anyone has any suggestions, that would be greatly appreciated.

I have a Samsung Galaxy S2 i777.

Oh, and another thing, I noticed that my batter is at 95-100% before it shuts off by itself, and once it boots up again it's down to 85-89%. I also feel like it might be an issue with overheating: I noticed that my phone feels hot after I've been using it for a while, like texting or using the internet, and then I set it down to do other stuff when I notice that it's turned off. My phone usually feels really hot too, and the case I have for my phone probably does not help either. 

Voyager

• 

6 Messages

11 years ago

Hi Everyone. I've been following this thread since mid-Jan. Posted here a couple of times. Just wanted to let you all know that ATT just sent me a new phone. Last Thursday I filed an online claim with the BBB requesting that ATT either fix my phone or let me out of my contract. Friday morning an ATT Mobility West rep called me to discuss my complaint.  She offered to send me any new phone I wanted, besides an iPhone. She noted that there was no timetable for a SOD fix.  So I had her send me a Galaxy S3, which arrived Monday.  I guess I am happy - at least I have an upgraded and working phone. Just wish it didn't take 2 months to get it resolved. I would suggest you all do the same. If you wait until tomorrow, you might even get them to send you an S4.

Teacher

• 

21 Messages

11 years ago

what happen to my post....???

Mentor

• 

40 Messages

11 years ago

If you are the one who posted the CEO contact info... no big surprise.  They immediately deleted it  😞

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

11 years ago

FYI, I recommend subscribing to this thread by clicking "Topic Options" in the upper left corner of the page (unless you don't want to get lots of emails about this). That's a good way to get all of the posts.

Mentor

• 

53 Messages

11 years ago

@claudepi:

Did they extend your contract?

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

11 years ago

Hi All, I too started seeing this issue since Dec 12.

I have tried all these things in the order(from Dec) and now my phone is much better(may sleep once in 7-8 days) - not sure which one has worked.

1. Disabled the 2nd Clock app from Settings - Applications

2. Turned off Notifications in Google Play

3. Installed Pedometer(runs in background) - so there is always some activity.

I have SGH-I777 and a sd card in my phone and also have not rooted my phone.

Hope it helps.

Teacher

• 

5 Messages

11 years ago

Great news folks! Just got off the phone with an att rep and she said that they're not able to switch out phones because a fix is coming out. Then I asked her when and she said ' really soon'... I literally started laughing on the phone! I had to hang up.

Explorer

• 

14 Messages

11 years ago

Upon reading the last post I immediately went into "Software Upgrade" option and did a "Check for Upgrades".

Guess what?

It said

"Your current version sucks. We will upgrade it real soon. Any day now."

S4 is being unveiled today..... Will be calling at the end of the month to get one.

Scholar

• 

106 Messages

11 years ago

Any update for this may not be "over the air" (OTA)... it may be one where you would have to use Kies. I don't see why it would HAVE to use Kies, but AT&T/Samsung may do it that way. But this most recent update was sent OTA, right, so it would be appropriate to send the fix OTA.

Explorer

• 

19 Messages

11 years ago

The very last thing I would ever do would be to get a Galaxy S4 through AT&T. If you do you might as well just hit it with a hammer and save AT&T the trouble of breaking it with a software update later and thumbing their corporate nose at you.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.