The Samsung Galaxy S24
SpartyOnK's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Friday, July 6th, 2012 7:21 PM

Galaxy S2 shutting off in idle mode

Recently, I noticed that my phone shuts off while in sleep mode. This just happens when I don't check it for a while and the display is turned off. When I do go to check my phone, it's unresponsive, even if I hold down the power button. So far, I've had to remove the batter every time this has happened in order to reboot it.

I just don't get what the issue is. I'm probably missing phone calls because I'm not even aware that my phone is turning off. I feel like after the ICS update my phone has had issues. I already performed a factory reset last week since I was having a problem with the notifications not ringing and vibrating, and now, this is happening on top of that. 

If anyone has any suggestions, that would be greatly appreciated.

I have a Samsung Galaxy S2 i777.

Oh, and another thing, I noticed that my batter is at 95-100% before it shuts off by itself, and once it boots up again it's down to 85-89%. I also feel like it might be an issue with overheating: I noticed that my phone feels hot after I've been using it for a while, like texting or using the internet, and then I set it down to do other stuff when I notice that it's turned off. My phone usually feels really hot too, and the case I have for my phone probably does not help either. 

Explorer

• 

19 Messages

11 years ago

Well I finally joined the masses and rooted my phone and reverted back to version 4.03. Wasn't bad and lost a few things mostly due to Kies not actually backing up my data when it said it was(weird!). Otherwise, the process was painless.

So I am just going to ride out my contract with AT&T and then switch carriers. In the meantime at least I can count on my phone not doing the SOD and draining the battery. 

So long AT&T. 

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

11 years ago

After going through this ordeal, I finally gave up and rooted and installed SuperNexus. Needless to say my phone now works better than it ever has. I encourage anyone with technology-chops to research this process and do it - it can be confusing to understand the process, but the steps themselves are very simple. For now, this seems to be the best solution.

I can't, for the life me, understand why people are satisfied that signing another two year contract is an acceptable solution. If your house got robbed, you wouldn't just hand the robber a key for next time and call it a day. This situation is nothing short of fraud. 

Explorer

• 

19 Messages

11 years ago

By the way AT&T and it's people have handled this, I am convinced that it is simply a tactic to make you spend more money. They force you, by breaking your phone with software, to upgrade your phone mid-contract and pay the price for a new phone and contract.. How can they lose? It is fraud. They can easily just say, "that's nonsense, we love our customers". Yes, you have shown me how much you do. 

Mentor

• 

88 Messages

11 years ago

I just upgraded from 4.0.3 rooted to a shostock 4.1.2 jelly bean. No bloatware, only programs I want. On a benchmark test my speed was just barely slower than a s3. Just saying since at&t wont help, I can still love my S2.

Explorer

• 

17 Messages

11 years ago

One last update. I really like my Sony Xperia Ion that I got with the new contract. I only paid 99¢ for it, plus $36 early contract fee. Like I said before, not the solution I was looking for , but at least I now have a phone that works. I reset the phone, got the unlock code for it from AT&T, then sold it on eBay for $250. That's not too bad considering that I only paid $9.99 for it in the first place. I know what you guys mean by saying that is unacceptable, but I NEED A PHONE THAT WORKS. There are some things I will miss about my GS2, but some things I like better about the Ion. All in all, I won't be buying another Samsung product after the way I was treated by their warranty dept. ( way worse than AT&T), and after my new contract is up,goodbye AT&T. I will switch to Verizon and either Sony or HTC.

Explorer

• 

17 Messages

11 years ago

...and I don't know why it says posted from Samsung GT-I9100. I had a SGH-I777, and it's gone. It should say,“Posted from Sony LT28at". just saying

Former Community Manager

• 

5.2K Messages

11 years ago

nomoresod,

Thanks for sending us a PM.  I have notified one of our Social Media Managers and they will be in contact with you soon.

Regards,

Ray on behald of Jam

Community Manager 

Former Community Manager

• 

5.2K Messages

11 years ago

mrmeany

Thanks for sending us a PM.  I have notified one of our Social Media Managers and they will be in contact with you soon.

Regards,

Ray on behald of Jam

Community Manager  

Mentor

• 

88 Messages

11 years ago

@jamileh, based on your last two posts, does this mean everyone should PM the community managers to get some action on this?? If that's the case someone should just tell us.

Explorer

• 

7 Messages

11 years ago

@ablan59,

there is no action from the community managers! they will send you a email to you stating the same stuff that is known to everybody. "We are working on a fix and mostly it will be out it 2 weeks" 🙂

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.