The Samsung Galaxy S24
SpartyOnK's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Friday, July 6th, 2012 7:21 PM

Galaxy S2 shutting off in idle mode

Recently, I noticed that my phone shuts off while in sleep mode. This just happens when I don't check it for a while and the display is turned off. When I do go to check my phone, it's unresponsive, even if I hold down the power button. So far, I've had to remove the batter every time this has happened in order to reboot it.

I just don't get what the issue is. I'm probably missing phone calls because I'm not even aware that my phone is turning off. I feel like after the ICS update my phone has had issues. I already performed a factory reset last week since I was having a problem with the notifications not ringing and vibrating, and now, this is happening on top of that. 

If anyone has any suggestions, that would be greatly appreciated.

I have a Samsung Galaxy S2 i777.

Oh, and another thing, I noticed that my batter is at 95-100% before it shuts off by itself, and once it boots up again it's down to 85-89%. I also feel like it might be an issue with overheating: I noticed that my phone feels hot after I've been using it for a while, like texting or using the internet, and then I set it down to do other stuff when I notice that it's turned off. My phone usually feels really hot too, and the case I have for my phone probably does not help either. 

Teacher

• 

21 Messages

11 years ago

Please remove the check mark, this issue has not been fixed at all, i finally recieved my 3rd pone, with 4.0.3 and running very well, not sod, drop callls, ect..

Former Community Manager

• 

5.2K Messages

11 years ago

I understand and have explained that the accepted solution mark in this case is to highlight the current status of this issue. 

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

11 years ago

I just talked to the warranty department, again, they said they did not know of the issue. I laughed and asked for her boss. He offered for me to drive to a tech center, 30 miles away, or have two replacement phones sent out. The replacement S2's would be my third and my wife's second. He said Samsung has a fix coming in a "couple weeks." I am not surprised by the ineptness of this company, definitely moving to a new provider when the contract is up.

Sorry to rant but I know you guys understand this "non issue."

Explorer

• 

4 Messages

11 years ago

I am experiencing these issues as well.

A review of the community manager's posts in this thread, explaining why the issue is marked as "Solved!"

@jamileh wrote:

01-23-2013 11:55:00 AM

Hey guys...

Great news

We worked with Samsung to research this issue and a fix will be available in the coming weeks. I don't have any specific dates just yet but as soon as I do, I'll post them here.

I want to note that this is a direct result of you discussing this issue in the forums and telling us what you are seeing. Great job.

--------------
02-05-2013 01:41:13 PM - edited ‎02-05-2013 01:42:24 PM

Hello,

I replied to your private message on 2/4/13 at 1:33PM, about 2 1/2 hours after you sent it. As of now, it shows unread so please click on the little blue envelope in the upper right hand corner to read that and any other private messages waiting for you.

--------------
‎02-05-2013 02:18:21 PM

I cannot give you information that is not available. I'm sorry that I don't have additional details to provide, I wish I did.

When I do have news, I will update this thread.

--------------
‎02-13-2013 12:42:11 PM - edited ‎02-13-2013 12:42:40 PM

Please review the thread and look for my posts in it. I have both acknowledged and responded to the issue in question.

I am sorry that you're having this issue but this type of dicussion is neither helpful nor constructive.

Please review the Community Forum Guidelines so you can productively participate in our community.

--------------
02-14-2013 10:10:23 AM

I understand and have explained that the accepted solution mark in this case is to highlight the current status of this issue.

Additionally, the following is from the Introducing Accepted Solutions!:

"We have added a feature to the community that we are very excited about and believe will be very useful for you. It is called Accepted Solutions.

Accepted Solutions will benefit both members seeking answers and those helping to provide them. If you are looking for an answer to your question by browsing through thread titles, you will be able to see a "Solved" icon next to posts where members have accepted a solution. Also, when you do a Search on the Community, you will also be able to see by the "Solved" icon if the post has an Accepted Solution. This will assist you to more quickly find the solution to your question, if one has been found.

If you are helping other members by answering questions, you will be able to see from the "Solved" icon if the member has already received a solution. You can then focus on threads not marked "Solved"."

Explorer

• 

17 Messages

11 years ago

When I called the other day, the operator told me that the update should be here by tomorrow, the 15th, and they would be in touch with me around 3:00. He implied that if the fix wasn't out by then, I'd be eligible for a replacement, as I am missing calls, some from work, which if I miss my call in time, costs me about $200 (that has already happened once). I will talk to them at that time, but if all GS2 phones are acting this way, I feel I should be eligible for a replacement phone of similar value, such as HTC One X, for example. If they say the price difference is too much, let Samsung pay for it, they have already cost me more than the cost difference between the two phones.

Mentor

• 

60 Messages

11 years ago

Jamileh,

You have received excessive criticism in this thread, that as you mention is neither constructive or helpful.  But Npl does make a good point.  Your reason for why the thread was marked as "Solved" doesn't make sense.  From the Forum guidelines, Accepted Solution means exactly what it says.  Your explanation of marking it Solved to highlight the status seems it would do just the opposite of highlighting.  Per the forum's description it would bury it, because it was marked as "Solved".

Perhaps what you meant is that it is marked as solved, to notify other AT&T community managers that you are already working on it?  If that is the case I can see how there could be confusion between forum members and forum admins.  The use of "Solved" could have different meanings to the two different groups.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

I'm adding my voice to this thread in case ATT cares.

I've had this issue start right at the end of december with the 4.0.4 update.  Previously, my device was great after 4.0.4 every day I find it has gone into sleep of death mode.

I've been desperately checking this forum (every day!) and every other online source for a solution.  I've tried all the proposed solutions (disable att apps, double clock, etc) to no avail. 

My phone is out of warranty, and my contract isn't up so I am particularly !@#$ .  When I called ATT for help, the first agent told me they'd send me a replacement but the 2nd one realized I'm out of warranty, so my only option given was to buy a new phone with minimal subsidy since I'm not due for an upgrade either.  Anyway, I previously loved this S2 and don't want another phone, I just want this one to work again!

So ATT, this is a popular model of phone.  Please know there are certainly many many people out there like me that didn't want to bother to register but are still checking this column and others desperate for a solution.  And getting angry.  Please please please help.

Lastly, checking this item 'solved' just adds to all our frustration. The appearance, rightly or wrongly, is that ATT is being dismissive of this serious problem.  I respectfully suggest you reconsider if it is helping or hurting to have it checked.  Of course, better yet, please get the 4.0.4 issue fixed and leave it checked.

Explorer

• 

20 Messages

11 years ago

so after the att csr and I did the factory reset on Monday, on Tues I had about 3 SODs. Wednesday none! Today none so far, but  this morning I disabled/forced closed a lot of att apps, I didnt use the phone til after I was at work a few hours and discovered no internet connections. Oopss something I disabled unchecked packet data??

Anyway the att csr is suppose to call me back tomorrow to do a follow up. I'll see what she has to say.

Explorer

• 

17 Messages

11 years ago

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

11 years ago

Adding my phone to this pile of 4.0.4 issues. Since December, when that update came out, the phone is having the SODs that everyone's been talking about.

I think normchar in #226 stated the situation well. Is there any kind of time estimation for how long looking into a solution can take (whether a fix is found or not)?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.