Wireless Forums

Posted Jul 6, 2012
12:21:36 PM
View profile
Galaxy S2 shutting off in idle mode

Recently, I noticed that my phone shuts off while in sleep mode. This just happens when I don't check it for a while and the display is turned off. When I do go to check my phone, it's unresponsive, even if I hold down the power button. So far, I've had to remove the batter every time this has happened in order to reboot it.

I just don't get what the issue is. I'm probably missing phone calls because I'm not even aware that my phone is turning off. I feel like after the ICS update my phone has had issues. I already performed a factory reset last week since I was having a problem with the notifications not ringing and vibrating, and now, this is happening on top of that. 

If anyone has any suggestions, that would be greatly appreciated.

I have a Samsung Galaxy S2 i777.

Oh, and another thing, I noticed that my batter is at 95-100% before it shuts off by itself, and once it boots up again it's down to 85-89%. I also feel like it might be an issue with overheating: I noticed that my phone feels hot after I've been using it for a while, like texting or using the internet, and then I set it down to do other stuff when I notice that it's turned off. My phone usually feels really hot too, and the case I have for my phone probably does not help either. 

Recently, I noticed that my phone shuts off while in sleep mode. This just happens when I don't check it for a while and the display is turned off. When I do go to check my phone, it's unresponsive, even if I hold down the power button. So far, I've had to remove the batter every time this has happened in order to reboot it.

I just don't get what the issue is. I'm probably missing phone calls because I'm not even aware that my phone is turning off. I feel like after the ICS update my phone has had issues. I already performed a factory reset last week since I was having a problem with the notifications not ringing and vibrating, and now, this is happening on top of that. 

Oh, and another thing, I noticed that my batter is at 95-100% before it shuts off by itself, and once it boots up again it's down to 85-89%. I also feel like it might be an issue with overheating: I noticed that my phone feels hot after I've been using it for a while, like texting or using the internet, and then I set it down to do other stuff when I notice that it's turned off. My phone usually feels really hot too, and the case I have for my phone probably does not help either. 

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Mar 29, 2013 7:27:08 AM
(0)
Former Community Manager

Hey all, 

As some of you have already noted, an update is available for the Samsung Galaxy SII. 

The update includes fixes for devices that may become unresponsive and/or power down while sitting idle on rare occasions. It also enhances security to protect against malware vulnerability. You will receive a notification on your phone to update. 

NOTE - You must have updated to Android version 4.0 to receive notification of the new software update

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages. If you have an account related issue, please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
Accepted Solution

Galaxy S2 shutting off in idle mode

618 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Cancel
Submit
Replies
(618)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 9, 2012 8:37:15 AM
(0)
Guru

SpartyOnK wrote:

It's probably not shut off, but in a "sleep of death" state.

Which build are you running?  I know Samsung's original I9100 Update4 kernel source release (ICS for the I9100) had some issues with SoDs.  I would not be surprised of UCLE5 has the same problems and more, as AT&T has a bad habit of taking Samsung releases and adding more bugs, never fixing the existing ones.  (For example, the UCLE5 build has a serious bug in the eMMC driver that can cause permanent unrecoverable damage to some phones if you do a data wipe/factory reset.  The damage probability is relatively low, but it is nonzero.)

BTW, holding down the power button for 15-20 seconds will reset the device without a battery pull.

Unfortunately, stock kernel builds do not support /proc/last_kmsg, a technique for analyzing crashes like this.  (If set up correctly, the device can save a log in memory of what happened prior to the crash or SoD.)

SpartyOnK wrote:

It's probably not shut off, but in a "sleep of death" state.

Which build are you running?  I know Samsung's original I9100 Update4 kernel source release (ICS for the I9100) had some issues with SoDs.  I would not be surprised of UCLE5 has the same problems and more, as AT&T has a bad habit of taking Samsung releases and adding more bugs, never fixing the existing ones.  (For example, the UCLE5 build has a serious bug in the eMMC driver that can cause permanent unrecoverable damage to some phones if you do a data wipe/factory reset.  The damage probability is relatively low, but it is nonzero.)

BTW, holding down the power button for 15-20 seconds will reset the device without a battery pull.

Unfortunately, stock kernel builds do not support /proc/last_kmsg, a technique for analyzing crashes like this.  (If set up correctly, the device can save a log in memory of what happened prior to the crash or SoD.)

-------------- CyanogenMod 9/10 device co-maintainer for: SGH-I777 (AT&T Galaxy S2) GT-N7000 (International Galaxy Note) GT-N8013 (Galaxy Note 10.1 Wifi)

Re: Galaxy S2 shutting off in idle mode

2 of 619 (44,493 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 21, 2012 12:06:12 PM
(0)
Tutor

My phone does the exact same thing, same make and model.  How did you fix it?  thanks

My phone does the exact same thing, same make and model.  How did you fix it?  thanks

3 of 619 (42,896 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 25, 2012 8:13:13 PM
(0)
Contributor

My phone has just started doing the same thing.  Once or twice a day when the phone is idle or asleep I will find that it has shut itself off.   In order to get it to restart I've had to remove and replace the battery.  Today I did realize that I can restart it by holding the power button in for an extended time.  

There was an OTA update that downloaded to my phone late last week.  Prior to that upate I have not had any trouble or issues at all.  I'm very frustrated and hope to find an answer as to why this is happening and what I can do to fix the problem. I welcome any advice or suggestions.  Thank you!

My phone has just started doing the same thing.  Once or twice a day when the phone is idle or asleep I will find that it has shut itself off.   In order to get it to restart I've had to remove and replace the battery.  Today I did realize that I can restart it by holding the power button in for an extended time.  

There was an OTA update that downloaded to my phone late last week.  Prior to that upate I have not had any trouble or issues at all.  I'm very frustrated and hope to find an answer as to why this is happening and what I can do to fix the problem. I welcome any advice or suggestions.  Thank you!

4 of 619 (42,543 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 27, 2012 8:48:06 AM
(0)
Contributor

My phone has been doing the same thing ever since the OTA ICS update last week. It's starting to get very frustrating! Anyone have any answers?

My phone has been doing the same thing ever since the OTA ICS update last week. It's starting to get very frustrating! Anyone have any answers?

5 of 619 (42,299 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 27, 2012 5:57:05 PM
(0)
Contributor

I am here for the same reason and come to think of it it started right after my OS update.  Anyone get any input from AT&T?  I have also been getting dropped calls?  The phone just goes right to my voice mail when someone calls me? And my phone is still on when this happens.

I am here for the same reason and come to think of it it started right after my OS update.  Anyone get any input from AT&T?  I have also been getting dropped calls?  The phone just goes right to my voice mail when someone calls me? And my phone is still on when this happens.

6 of 619 (42,218 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 28, 2012 8:08:55 AM
(0)
Mentor

Same problem with mine after the 4.0.4 update.  I called AT&T tech support and they wouldn't admit there was a software problem.  They suggested I do a factory reset on my phone.  So, I backed up to Kies and made sure all my contacts were in my Gmail.  Reset phone.  I had a lot of apps that didn't come back over and a lot I didn't want to use anymore.  Since doing the restore I have only had one shut off in two days.  Before it was doing it 3 or 4 times a day.  Battery llife seems to be better too so far.  I'm pretty sure if I hollered more they would let me do an upgrade since I am due in March.  I'd really rather just have my S2 work like its suppose to.  So far its much better so we will see.  

Same problem with mine after the 4.0.4 update.  I called AT&T tech support and they wouldn't admit there was a software problem.  They suggested I do a factory reset on my phone.  So, I backed up to Kies and made sure all my contacts were in my Gmail.  Reset phone.  I had a lot of apps that didn't come back over and a lot I didn't want to use anymore.  Since doing the restore I have only had one shut off in two days.  Before it was doing it 3 or 4 times a day.  Battery llife seems to be better too so far.  I'm pretty sure if I hollered more they would let me do an upgrade since I am due in March.  I'd really rather just have my S2 work like its suppose to.  So far its much better so we will see.  

7 of 619 (42,162 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 28, 2012 9:39:19 AM
(0)
Contributor

I'm having the same 2 issues being discussed here, plus one more:

1) the phone shuts off when idle

2) wifi has to be turned off then on again to engage

3) phone calls that go straight to voicemail even when the signal is good and the phone is properly idling

The problems seem to occur more frequently following the most recent update.

I'm assuming the next OS release (Jellybean) will address this, but what's being done in the meantime?

I'm having the same 2 issues being discussed here, plus one more:

1) the phone shuts off when idle

2) wifi has to be turned off then on again to engage

3) phone calls that go straight to voicemail even when the signal is good and the phone is properly idling

The problems seem to occur more frequently following the most recent update.

I'm assuming the next OS release (Jellybean) will address this, but what's being done in the meantime?

8 of 619 (42,130 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 28, 2012 11:07:20 AM
(0)
Tutor

me too.  And.....my wife's phone does the same thing.  Driving us crazy

me too.  And.....my wife's phone does the same thing.  Driving us crazy

9 of 619 (42,112 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 28, 2012 3:18:53 PM
(0)
Mentor

I had the Wifi problem too but after I did the reset/restore it hasn't been an issue.  No problems with calls though. Today my phone shut down again for no reason, first time in 3 days so its better maybe but it still shouldn't be doing that.  Would be nice if AT&T would chime in here and give us some real solutions.  

I had the Wifi problem too but after I did the reset/restore it hasn't been an issue.  No problems with calls though. Today my phone shut down again for no reason, first time in 3 days so its better maybe but it still shouldn't be doing that.  Would be nice if AT&T would chime in here and give us some real solutions.  

10 of 619 (42,060 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 28, 2012 3:42:02 PM
(0)
Contributor

Exact same issue here on both my and my wife's phone. Started happening after the most recent update a couple weeks ago!

Exact same issue here on both my and my wife's phone. Started happening after the most recent update a couple weeks ago!

11 of 619 (42,047 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 31, 2012 6:26:28 AM
(0)
Contributor
Edited by sshari_s on Dec 31, 2012 at 6:26:54 AM

Same thing happening to my gs2 after the stupid OTA update .. 

Same thing happening to my gs2 after the stupid OTA update .. 

[ Edited ]
12 of 619 (41,703 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 1, 2013 11:11:05 AM
(0)
Contributor

Hi,

I am having the exact same problems with my phone after the ICS 4.0.4 upgrade. But, as far as I know this is the last update that Samsung Galaxy SII SGH I777 (AT&T) is going to get. There will be no Jellybean upgrade for SGH I777.

Hi,

I am having the exact same problems with my phone after the ICS 4.0.4 upgrade. But, as far as I know this is the last update that Samsung Galaxy SII SGH I777 (AT&T) is going to get. There will be no Jellybean upgrade for SGH I777.

13 of 619 (41,516 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 1, 2013 12:29:26 PM
(0)
Tutor
I also am having the same trouble: random shut-offs while phone is asleep. I have tried nearly everything from deleting apps, new battery, factory reset, changing settings, etc. but the problem persists. sometimes its 3-4 times a day, some times its once a week.

I hope there is a solution because I am not happy with this.
I also am having the same trouble: random shut-offs while phone is asleep. I have tried nearly everything from deleting apps, new battery, factory reset, changing settings, etc. but the problem persists. sometimes its 3-4 times a day, some times its once a week.

I hope there is a solution because I am not happy with this.

14 of 619 (41,498 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 1, 2013 12:35:53 PM
(0)
Tutor
I forgot to add: my battery level will drop 5 to 30% or so following each shut down. I also have noticed the problem doesnt seem to appear when wifi is disabled, but I am still testing. I have also noticed a rise in phone temperature during a shut down episode.

Any chance of a patch? either from at&t or a third party.

And from browsing the web, this problem seems to exist for all versions of the gs2 regardless of carrier. Perhaps its a Samsung hardware problem..?
I forgot to add: my battery level will drop 5 to 30% or so following each shut down. I also have noticed the problem doesnt seem to appear when wifi is disabled, but I am still testing. I have also noticed a rise in phone temperature during a shut down episode.

Any chance of a patch? either from at&t or a third party.

And from browsing the web, this problem seems to exist for all versions of the gs2 regardless of carrier. Perhaps its a Samsung hardware problem..?

15 of 619 (41,498 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 1, 2013 7:17:50 PM
(0)
Contributor

Same EXACT issue....at least there's relief that it's not just me.  Pain in the rear though because I've missed phone calls.  Would love a fix to this problem ATT.......we pay you enough so get on it!

Same EXACT issue....at least there's relief that it's not just me.  Pain in the rear though because I've missed phone calls.  Would love a fix to this problem ATT.......we pay you enough so get on it!

16 of 619 (41,401 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 2, 2013 7:20:06 AM
(0)
Mentor

Has anyone talked to AT&T on this??  They obviously don't monitor these forums or they might respond here.  Mine has been better after doing a restore but it shut off twice yesterday with no warning.  The last time battery life went from 45% to 15%.  

Has anyone talked to AT&T on this??  They obviously don't monitor these forums or they might respond here.  Mine has been better after doing a restore but it shut off twice yesterday with no warning.  The last time battery life went from 45% to 15%.  

17 of 619 (41,337 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 2, 2013 10:13:09 AM
(0)
Tutor
I have contacted AT&T. Their suggestion is warranty/sending in the phone.

I would rather do that as a last resort. Or simply get a new, different phone.

Question: are you guys running anti-virus apps?
I have contacted AT&T. Their suggestion is warranty/sending in the phone.

I would rather do that as a last resort. Or simply get a new, different phone.

Question: are you guys running anti-virus apps?

18 of 619 (41,297 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 2, 2013 11:25:38 AM
(0)
Teacher

I am having the same problem.

Not sure when it started exactly, but seems after the latest OS upgrade.

Any resolution to this?

Ziad

I am having the same problem.

Not sure when it started exactly, but seems after the latest OS upgrade.

Any resolution to this?

Ziad

19 of 619 (41,286 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 2, 2013 12:13:44 PM
(0)
Mentor

I am running Lookout, thats the only anti-virus type app that I have.  My warranty is out on my phone as its about 18 months old.  When I talked to tech support I had the feeling they might let me upgrade since I am eligible in March anyway.  But I really don't want to change phones, would rather this one work.  

I am running Lookout, thats the only anti-virus type app that I have.  My warranty is out on my phone as its about 18 months old.  When I talked to tech support I had the feeling they might let me upgrade since I am eligible in March anyway.  But I really don't want to change phones, would rather this one work.  

20 of 619 (41,270 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 2, 2013 3:10:57 PM
(0)
Tutor
try uninstalling lookout. see if the problem still exists.
try uninstalling lookout. see if the problem still exists.

21 of 619 (41,191 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 3, 2013 1:39:09 PM
(0)
Tutor

Mine started doing this as well after the last OTA update.  This phone was working very well before that update.  Very frustrating.  Looks like AT&T does not have much to offer as well, as usual for any of these types of issues.

Mine started doing this as well after the last OTA update.  This phone was working very well before that update.  Very frustrating.  Looks like AT&T does not have much to offer as well, as usual for any of these types of issues.

22 of 619 (40,979 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 3, 2013 3:25:04 PM
(0)
Tutor

Same problem here. I have an i777. I didn't experience the sleep of death issues when running GB. It started immediately after updating to ICS 4.0.3. I allowed the 4.0.4 update because I thought maybe...MAYBE... the problem was finally addressed. No such luck. I could root and try freezing/uninstalling random bloatware, but why should I have to do that? The phone should just work.

The situation reminds me of my Captivate problem. Basically, it was the same: it put itself into dead sleep after a full charge. I know from forums all over the web that this was a huge problem with Cappys, but never addressed by the manufacturer, AT&T, or Google. However, I found an app in the Market called Captivate Keep Alive. It prevents deep sleep. It worked pretty well on the Cappy, and I'm wondering if it will work on the GS2. They are both galaxy phones. I'll give it a try & report back. Regardless, we shouldn't have to deal with problems like this, and we shouldn't feel like we must jailbreak our phones to get them to work.

Same problem here. I have an i777. I didn't experience the sleep of death issues when running GB. It started immediately after updating to ICS 4.0.3. I allowed the 4.0.4 update because I thought maybe...MAYBE... the problem was finally addressed. No such luck. I could root and try freezing/uninstalling random bloatware, but why should I have to do that? The phone should just work.

The situation reminds me of my Captivate problem. Basically, it was the same: it put itself into dead sleep after a full charge. I know from forums all over the web that this was a huge problem with Cappys, but never addressed by the manufacturer, AT&T, or Google. However, I found an app in the Market called Captivate Keep Alive. It prevents deep sleep. It worked pretty well on the Cappy, and I'm wondering if it will work on the GS2. They are both galaxy phones. I'll give it a try & report back. Regardless, we shouldn't have to deal with problems like this, and we shouldn't feel like we must jailbreak our phones to get them to work.

23 of 619 (40,954 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 4, 2013 12:10:39 PM
(0)
Tutor

I've posted this in another forum and thought I should post here too.  Don't laugh.  I know most people suspect it's a software issue, but I'm so frustrated with this problem that I'm willing to try anything.

I have the Samsung GS2 with AT&T (i-777 model).  Not sure if you still have this shutting off problem, but I have it too.  It's happening more often recently like 2-3 times a day.  The phone doesn't get too hot, but I do see the battery charge drop, and one time when I woke in the morning the entire battery was drained.  Several weeks ago, it was shutting off like once every 2 weeks and I didn't mind it.  Now it's p*ssing me off.  So after reading the suggestions, I decided to uninstall APPS.  At first I uninstalled things I didn't use like games and utilities.  Didn't work.  Then I uninstalled APPS that just ran in the background like anti-virus, security and this one called Android Assistant.  Didn't work.  I was ready to give up and do a factory reset.  I pulled the battery out and place it back in, but then I noticed the battery SLIDES A BIT IN THE BATTERY SLOT.  The battery makes connection over a few spring loaded copper contacts, but I was able to move the battery away about 1-2mm.  That's when I decided to push the battery as much as I could toward the copper contacts and wedge a folded up piece of paper to the other side of the battery.  Basically I was trying to prevent the battery from sliding back.  After that, my phone haven't shut off by itself in a day.  This is the longest time it has NOT shut off.  Will update again in couple of days.  Fingers crossed.

I've posted this in another forum and thought I should post here too.  Don't laugh.  I know most people suspect it's a software issue, but I'm so frustrated with this problem that I'm willing to try anything.

I have the Samsung GS2 with AT&T (i-777 model).  Not sure if you still have this shutting off problem, but I have it too.  It's happening more often recently like 2-3 times a day.  The phone doesn't get too hot, but I do see the battery charge drop, and one time when I woke in the morning the entire battery was drained.  Several weeks ago, it was shutting off like once every 2 weeks and I didn't mind it.  Now it's p*ssing me off.  So after reading the suggestions, I decided to uninstall APPS.  At first I uninstalled things I didn't use like games and utilities.  Didn't work.  Then I uninstalled APPS that just ran in the background like anti-virus, security and this one called Android Assistant.  Didn't work.  I was ready to give up and do a factory reset.  I pulled the battery out and place it back in, but then I noticed the battery SLIDES A BIT IN THE BATTERY SLOT.  The battery makes connection over a few spring loaded copper contacts, but I was able to move the battery away about 1-2mm.  That's when I decided to push the battery as much as I could toward the copper contacts and wedge a folded up piece of paper to the other side of the battery.  Basically I was trying to prevent the battery from sliding back.  After that, my phone haven't shut off by itself in a day.  This is the longest time it has NOT shut off.  Will update again in couple of days.  Fingers crossed.

24 of 619 (40,722 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 4, 2013 5:45:10 PM
(0)
Contributor

2 weeks ago 4.0.4 update after same proplem. evveryday 1~2 time shut off from sleep mode, becouse any other button not working..

only battery take off after working.....

how can i do..... at&t poor firmware. how can i downgrade.

2 weeks ago 4.0.4 update after same proplem. evveryday 1~2 time shut off from sleep mode, becouse any other button not working..

only battery take off after working.....

how can i do..... at&t poor firmware. how can i downgrade.

25 of 619 (40,667 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 5, 2013 10:09:36 AM
(0)
Tutor

I said I'd report back after trying an app solution. The one I ended up trying is called Wi-Fi Keep Alive. Basically, it does what the other app I mentioned does: it keeps the phone from sleeping completely. In this case, the object is to prevent wi-fi connectivity from dropping. I do think the wi-fi radio, and its interaction with the OS, has something to do with the SoD problem. Again, I didn't have it when running Gingerbread. 

I installed this app right after I posted on the 3rd, and haven't had a shutdown since. Battery life is great. I'm not ready to declare this THE ANSWER, but it's looking good. And I am not connected to the app's developer in any way. :smileyhappy:

I said I'd report back after trying an app solution. The one I ended up trying is called Wi-Fi Keep Alive. Basically, it does what the other app I mentioned does: it keeps the phone from sleeping completely. In this case, the object is to prevent wi-fi connectivity from dropping. I do think the wi-fi radio, and its interaction with the OS, has something to do with the SoD problem. Again, I didn't have it when running Gingerbread. 

I installed this app right after I posted on the 3rd, and haven't had a shutdown since. Battery life is great. I'm not ready to declare this THE ANSWER, but it's looking good. And I am not connected to the app's developer in any way. :smileyhappy:

26 of 619 (40,537 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 5, 2013 12:07:46 PM
(0)
Contributor

All,

I am still running Android 2.3 on my Galaxy SII, as I have had it over a year, and went through the mysterious shutoff problem as well.  

As mentioned below, I noticed a bit of wiggle with the battery, and placed a layer of tape on the far side (away from the gold contact pins, and another several strips on top of the battery.

No problems now.

All,

I am still running Android 2.3 on my Galaxy SII, as I have had it over a year, and went through the mysterious shutoff problem as well.  

As mentioned below, I noticed a bit of wiggle with the battery, and placed a layer of tape on the far side (away from the gold contact pins, and another several strips on top of the battery.

No problems now.

27 of 619 (40,513 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 5, 2013 12:08:15 PM
(0)
Teacher

A couple of days ago, I disabled the "AT&T Smart Wi-Fi" application (which was automatically installed in the last OS update), as suggested by someone in another thread. Since then, my phone shut down only once (it used to shut down several times a day before that). I am hoping this "fixes" it. I'll post to this thread in a few days with what happens.

Ziad

A couple of days ago, I disabled the "AT&T Smart Wi-Fi" application (which was automatically installed in the last OS update), as suggested by someone in another thread. Since then, my phone shut down only once (it used to shut down several times a day before that). I am hoping this "fixes" it. I'll post to this thread in a few days with what happens.

Ziad

28 of 619 (40,514 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 6, 2013 5:22:03 PM
(0)
Tutor
Update to my post... It's been 3 days since I did the battery thing, and it's had that idle shutoff once (1.5 days after the battery trick). I think normally I would have the shutoff 5-6 times by now. I've been leaving the wi-fi on and the battery doesn't get hot or have the shutoff. Anyone else having success?
Update to my post... It's been 3 days since I did the battery thing, and it's had that idle shutoff once (1.5 days after the battery trick). I think normally I would have the shutoff 5-6 times by now. I've been leaving the wi-fi on and the battery doesn't get hot or have the shutoff. Anyone else having success?

29 of 619 (40,285 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 6, 2013 9:02:48 PM
(0)
Tutor

I am seeing this same issue since the recent OTA update on Dec-20, phone is shutting down around 3-4 time a day. Anybody has the solution. If i don't see the solution, i will have to ditch AT&T since i will have to buy new phone, then why not try some other operator. 

I am seeing this same issue since the recent OTA update on Dec-20, phone is shutting down around 3-4 time a day. Anybody has the solution. If i don't see the solution, i will have to ditch AT&T since i will have to buy new phone, then why not try some other operator. 

Re: Galaxy S2 shutting off in idle mode - I777UCLK3

30 of 619 (40,243 Views)