For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
lukest's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Monday, January 20th, 2014 5:46 PM

Galaxy S2 no service unless in AT&T Hotspot

Weird issue, I get no phone or data service unless I am in an AT&T hotspot. Anybody know what the issue could be? 

Professor

• 

3K Messages

10 years ago

Please give more details.  S2 is a somewhat older phone.  Have you had it for a while, and it just starting doing this?  Did it update the OS recently?

So no cell service at all (including voice and text) unless in an AT&T WiFi Hotspot area?  Does it help at all to toggle WiFi off?

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

10 years ago

Hi redpoint73, thanks for trying to help...please see additional info below:

"Have you had it for a while, and it just starting doing this?"

Yes, I've had it 2 years or more, and it's been working fine except that I've not been able to charge the battery via the micro usb port since it get wet some time ago. I've been using an external battery charger for a 6 months or more and finally grew tired of the inconvenience of having to swap out batteries all the time. Last week I decided I's switch out the usb port for a new one and ever since, I've had no service.

"Did it update the OS recently?"

No

"So no cell service at all (including voice and text) unless in an AT&T WiFi Hotspot area?"

That is correct, no voice, text, or data unless I'm in a AT&T WiFI Hotspot area.

"Does it help at all to toggle WiFi off?"

No

Guru

• 

450 Messages

10 years ago

Hi lukest,

You stated you just replaced the USB port on your phone?

I would suggest looking and making sure you didn't accidently plug the antennas into the wrong slots on the main board, and ensure that everything was put back together properly. Most likely this is why you are having the issue.

Hope this helps!

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

10 years ago

Thank you logo412 -- I've checked and double checked the antenna, in fact I've ordered a replacement thinking that I may have damaged the original i the act of replacing the usb port. I'm hoping this is the problem but wondered if there was anything else I should be considering. 

Best,

Steve

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

10 years ago

new antenna does not remedy problem...

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.