Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Sep 19, 2012
9:23:02 AM
View profile
Galaxy S2 Skyrocket taking screenshots

Ever since getting ICS, I haven't been able to take screenshots on my phone and it's finally gotten to the point where I'm asking for help.  I've googled and haven't found anything that helps.  Supposedly it's volume down and power button, but that's not working for me.  Used to be home button and power when I had GB.  Can anyone help?

Ever since getting ICS, I haven't been able to take screenshots on my phone and it's finally gotten to the point where I'm asking for help.  I've googled and haven't found anything that helps.  Supposedly it's volume down and power button, but that's not working for me.  Used to be home button and power when I had GB.  Can anyone help?

Galaxy S2 Skyrocket taking screenshots

8 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(8)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 24, 2012 11:15:07 AM
(0)
Contributor

Hi.  It's still home and power button.  I just tried it on my Skyrocket to double-check and it worked.  The nice feature with ICS is that it will show a link in the notification bar to go directly to the screenshot in the gallery.  I did see on some threads online that if you don't have the official ICS upgrade, it may not work.  Not sure what your phone situation is.  Good luck.

Hi.  It's still home and power button.  I just tried it on my Skyrocket to double-check and it worked.  The nice feature with ICS is that it will show a link in the notification bar to go directly to the screenshot in the gallery.  I did see on some threads online that if you don't have the official ICS upgrade, it may not work.  Not sure what your phone situation is.  Good luck.

Re: Galaxy S2 Skyrocket taking screenshots

2 of 9 (22,591 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 27, 2012 12:18:32 AM
(0)
Scholar
By using Home Button and Power Button only it will take screenshots
By using Home Button and Power Button only it will take screenshots
Samsung Galaxy SII Skyrocket

3 of 9 (22,535 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 27, 2012 11:08:57 AM
(0)
Contributor

I did the official upgrade from Samsung Kies when it came out.  Both my phone and my wifes at the same time.  We both can't do any screenshots with stock ICS trying power and home button.  I just tried a bunch of times and it doesn't do anything.  I really don't want to do a factory wipe, but that's next on my list.

I did the official upgrade from Samsung Kies when it came out.  Both my phone and my wifes at the same time.  We both can't do any screenshots with stock ICS trying power and home button.  I just tried a bunch of times and it doesn't do anything.  I really don't want to do a factory wipe, but that's next on my list.

4 of 9 (22,522 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 27, 2013 5:11:00 PM
(0)
Contributor
Just got my phone replaced and it won't work for me either
Just got my phone replaced and it won't work for me either

5 of 9 (17,155 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 28, 2013 6:01:15 AM
(0)
Scholar
try to use Home Button and Power Button together same time . it will take screenshots
try to use Home Button and Power Button together same time . it will take screenshots

6 of 9 (17,128 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 16, 2013 4:36:11 AM
(0)
Contributor
I am having the same issue. Did the reset work? This is a real pain.
I am having the same issue. Did the reset work? This is a real pain.

7 of 9 (14,528 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 16, 2013 7:11:30 AM
(0)
Scholar
@TNFireman13 if you want to reset factory reset then format your USB storage also.

Thanks in Advance
@TNFireman13 if you want to reset factory reset then format your USB storage also.

Thanks in Advance

8 of 9 (14,511 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 21, 2013 2:53:54 PM
(0)
Contributor
I just did this not 5 minutes ago. You need to hit the home button and the power button at the same time and hold until you see the screen "flash" or if you have camera sounds, until you hear the camera sound. If you are even slightly off on hitting the buttons at the same time, it will not work.

Have a wonderful day Smiley Happy
I just did this not 5 minutes ago. You need to hit the home button and the power button at the same time and hold until you see the screen "flash" or if you have camera sounds, until you hear the camera sound. If you are even slightly off on hitting the buttons at the same time, it will not work.

Have a wonderful day Smiley Happy

9 of 9 (8,919 Views)