The Samsung Galaxy S24
illmaticxking's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Friday, December 14th, 2012 5:55 PM

Galaxy S2 Skyrocket Will Not Allow Me to Turn Wi-Fi On...

Yes I restored my phone numererous and it still isn't working. I'm running 4.0.4 update and my Wifi bar is grayed out and will not allow me to switch it to the on position. When I go to the Wifi tab from Settings, it is grayed out as well and says "Turning Wi-Fi On..." and it is stuck there. 

I downloaded the Wifi Fixer app and it still did not fix my problem.

What can I do to fix it?

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

11 years ago

Screenshot_2012-12-14-12-01-56.png

1 Attachment

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

11 years ago

Screenshot_2012-12-14-12-02-32.png

1 Attachment

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

11 years ago

Screenshot_2012-12-14-12-02-32.png

1 Attachment

Professor

• 

3.7K Messages

11 years ago

@illmaticxking wrote:

Yes I restored my phone numererous and it still isn't working. I'm running 4.0.4 update and my Wifi bar is grayed out and will not allow me to switch it to the on position. When I go to the Wifi tab from Settings, it is grayed out as well and says "Turning Wi-Fi On..." and it is stuck there. 

I downloaded the Wifi Fixer app and it still did not fix my problem.

What can I do to fix it?

Obviuos question, you are near a wifi signal, right?

ok, this is kinda related/unrelated. My daughter has a Skyrocket and it would not download updates, no matter what was tried. The AT&T corporate store called tech support. They manually forced the update with a new SIM card. However, it did not take. We bought phon thru Best Buy, along with paying $10 a month fee/insurance that covered phone replacement with no deductible. 

Anyway, they have it now and are sending it to Samsung for pair or replacement. The Skyrocket is in back order right now if Samsung can not replace the phone, Best Buy will giver her a new replacement (different phone).

So, I guess what I'm getting at is that the Skyrocket is suffering issues that either AT&T tech support or Samsung needs to fix.

Id try calling Customer Care 800.331.0500 first. If they are unable to get you going, ask to be elevated to tech support. Better yet, if you're close to a corporate store, take it in to them so then can call tech support while you're there.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

11 years ago

Yes, I am near a Wi-Fi signal.  I have insurance but this is a new one I had for two weeks (my previous Skyrocket broke).

Thanks for the number. Will call tomorrow.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.